I opened it once or twice when I first got it, but soon forgot about it. Not to knock the slider, but the virtual keyboard is really that good.
    12-01-09 12:20 AM
    You might be better off with an htc eris or the upcoming passion/dragon model which don't have slide outs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 12:30 AM
    Possibly. HTC Eris if you want a slower model of the Droid with a lesser resolution screen that can't handle HD Quality. Also, you may want the Passion...you know..that phone that hasn't been FCC Approved, that hasn't had any news, tests, or specs. The phone that probably won't surface for AT LEAST another 3-6 months. Or..you can stick to your phone with the optional slide-out keyboard that is still thinner than most phones. :-D I <3 you PK. :-D
    12-01-09 02:58 AM
    I like physical keyboard more and more each day. Once you get used to it bieng offset you will be typing pretty quickly and you will appreciate bieng able to see more on the screen.

12-01-09 04:14 AM
    You might be better off with an htc eris or the upcoming passion/dragon model which don't have slide outs.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you read in his post that said that he wanted another phone.
    12-01-09 04:59 AM
    I find the slide off keyboard is great for unlocking the phone instead of searching for that button. After that I slide it back in and use the virtual keyboard.

On a recommendation from a friend I purchased "Better Keyboard." Well, I didn't think it was better now I have placed an iPhone skin on it and it is somewhat better. You need the Better Keyboard to use with the iPhone skin. Just FYI.
    12-01-09 06:57 AM
    Imo when u use the browser; logging on to modile banking facebook twitter etc.
    Use the slide out kb; see what effect it has. On your mobile browsing experience.
    Use the dpad as well........
    12-01-09 09:32 AM
    I have never used the slider, but the reason probably is I'm coming from the Storms
    12-01-09 09:36 AM
    physical keyboard OPTION ftw!

i like the virtual keyboards too, but on every phone with a virtual keyboard there comes a time where you could really use the absolute control a physical keyboard brings. enter the droid. it's really the best of both worlds imo.
    12-01-09 09:36 AM
    The slide out keyboard has to be one of the worst sliders I have even seen. Its usless and those who say they like it more and more everyday and just fooling themself's, the design is horrid. I still love the phone though
    12-01-09 09:52 AM
    The slide out keyboard has to be one of the worst sliders I have even seen. Its usless and those who say they like it more and more everyday and just fooling themself's, the design is horrid. I still love the phone though
    Just start trying it when surfing the net. Just a suggestion.......
    Force yourself; a world of difference imo.
    Just a suggestion
    12-01-09 09:57 AM
    you will appreciate bieng able to see more on the screen.

That is the number one thing keeping me from "downgrading" (I use the term loosely!) to an Eris. I much prefer the form factor of the thinner Eris, but being able to see all of my email while typing is a huge plus!
    12-01-09 10:52 AM
    Are any of you guys having problems with your slider becoming loose? I've seen many a slider that get worn and like to slide in and out on their own.
    12-01-09 10:57 AM
    Are any of you guys having problems with your slider becoming loose? I've seen many a slider that get worn and like to slide in and out on their own.
    Not mine; has to be a factory defect
    12-01-09 11:04 AM
    Not mine; has to be a factory defect
    I wasn't talking about the Droid, just sliders in general. The tend to wear and get loose on some models. Heck, even if I was talking about a Droid how would you know it's a factory defect when it's only been out for a month.
    12-01-09 11:09 AM
    Just start trying it when surfing the net. Just a suggestion.......
    Force yourself; a world of difference imo.
    Just a suggestion
    Oh I have, plenty. It's horrible. The only time I slide it out is when im surfing the web because I like how it feels in my hand.
    12-01-09 11:13 AM
    I wasn't talking about the Droid, just sliders in general. The tend to wear and get loose on some models. Heck, even if I was talking about a Droid how would you know it's a factory defect when it's only been out for a month.
    ROFL yeah duuuuuuuuuh huh. I just thought about after I typed it.
    Especially me onl having mine since last Sat. I know I know.
    Or one could say to you.
    " Well u should have said that in the first place"
    U did kinda say that too I am putting my foot in it
    Late
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 12-01-09 at 11:17 AM.
    12-01-09 11:15 AM
    Oh I have, plenty. It's horrible. The only time I slide it out is when im surfing the web because I like how it feels in my hand.
    So hey there is a positive to having it.
    12-01-09 11:15 AM
    "just fooling themselves"??? Makes no sense. If they like it, they like it. Same tp say, if I like my Yugo, then I like my Yugo.

12-01-09 11:39 AM
    I have only had the phone for about two weeks, so I wouldn't be able to comment on the slider being loose. My friend's wife has the HTC Touch Pro and the slider is still solid and she has had it since day one.
    12-01-09 11:53 AM
    "just fooling themselves"??? Makes no sense. If they like it, they like it. Same tp say, if I like my Yugo, then I like my Yugo.

Very true. I hated the slide out keyboard when I first got the phone but I kept reading post about how it takes time to get use to it. So I forced myself to use for texting and emailing. Before I knew it I started to use is because I wanted to and not because I had too. I'm glad Motorola gave us a choice even if its not the best keyboard out there. Imagine if there wasn't one? I can already imagine the threads "Why didn't Motorola add a keyboard?".
    12-01-09 11:59 AM
    You shouldnt have to "force" yourself to use or like anything. If you do, your fooling yourself. End of story.
    Last edited by DreamSTi; 12-01-09 at 03:11 PM.
    12-01-09 12:12 PM
    You should have to "force" yourself to use or like anything. If you do, your fooling yourself. End of story.
    I am guessing you meant that I shouldn't have to force myself. If so, you are right. No one should force themselves to like anything but if everyone is posting that the keyboard takes some time to get use to then I am going to force myself to try it. Like I said, with more practice it gets easier to type with.
    12-01-09 12:18 PM
    The slide out keyboard has to be one of the worst sliders I have even seen. Its usless and those who say they like it more and more everyday and just fooling themself's, the design is horrid.
    well, that's one person's opinion. i and many others don't agree with you though. as long as you still like the phone good for you.
    12-01-09 01:26 PM
    I press the keys/corresponding letters on the Moto's keyboard and miraculously it shows up in a text field.

I can press shift a and A shows up. I can actually type out 300+ character texts or 100 word post in forums using this Moto keyboard. It's quite a miraculous invention. Whats stunning is that it's really accurate too. You can hit the letter m and you can be sure the letter m will show up.

It works perfectly. So for this I say it fails as a keyboard. What were they thinking.
    12-01-09 04:24 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD