One day my husband came home with an upgraded BB. He was so excited that he spent the rest of the afternoon glued to it making me feel almost invisible. I figured that it was just the essence of a new phone and the excitement of exploring all its features so I figures he would soon grow tired of it. I was clearly wrong when day after day he was glued to his BB. It got even more frustrating when we would go out to eat and instead of chatting with me he would be chatting on BB messenger.
    I would ridicule him every day for spending time on that stupid BB and the more I saw that phone the more I hated it. Of course his come back was "babe, if you had a BB you would understand." I knew he grew more addicted when he bought the crackberry addict book and was comparing himself to other crackberry addicts. After a while I gave up on ridiculing him about his BB because I knew he would forever more be a BB loyalist.
    It wasn't until recently that the BB called to me and in a way I felt ashamed. For all that time I complained to my husband about his BB and here I was, about to buy the new Storm 2. I was filled with excitement when I brought the phone home and was immediately glued to it trying to explore all the features the phone had. The next day I had my crackberry account and was asking my husband everything he knew about the storm. I then proceeded to explore some more. At one point during the day my husband turned to me and said "you know you have been on that phone since you got home right" and I proceeded to tell him that I ate dinner and I realized that was the only thing I had done without my BB by my side. It was then that I knew I had finally crossed the threshold...I have become the one thing I never imagined I would become. I am officially and forever more a crackberry loyalist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 08:45 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. It's worse than crack (hence the name )
    11-30-09 08:48 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. It's worse than crack (hence the name )
    No, actually it isn't.
    11-30-09 08:52 PM
    Haha.

I definitely can relate. My boyfriend had a blackberry, but for work and when we first moved in together I HATED it. Most likely due to the fact that while he'd sleep through all his work alerts, I'd wake up for every one of them. Of course if I dared to wake him up to shut the stupid thing off he would be cranky and mad. I swore I'd never get one.

I don't know what changed me exactly. I knew what it was capable of but saw it as a source of aggravation more than anything. I kept seeing ads for the curve and I was so sick of typing texts on my Razr in T9. I began obsessing about the curve and when it was released I got one and have never looked back since.

It's undescribeable. It almost sounds silly when you think about it, but I was a blackberry addict from that day on. I now have my second BB, the Bold and I don't know how people do without. They really are amazing.
    11-30-09 09:50 PM
    I think that my husband can totally relate to you, before you got your bb phonemaster, except he still refuses to get one. His lost!!
    12-01-09 01:12 AM
    I used to hate the whole smart phone scene and then I saw the ads for the new bold and within 2 days I ditched my rckr and picked up a bold 9700 this phone is awesome and sexy to boot

12-01-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD