View Poll Results: How well is your Green Dot S2 working compared to original S2?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • BETTER!

9 42.86%
  • Not better, Not Worse

6 28.57%
  • WORSE!

6 28.57%
    Is it worth it? what is the difference? are things fixed?

I am curious because I am thinking about getting mine replaced for the first time. The problems I have are as follows:

1. Top left of screen dips down (my bro has an S2 and his does NOT do this)
    2. The bottom plastic piece is kinda sharp and hurts my pinky I think its the bezel sticking out too much, like something doesn't line up right
    3. The screen does not click that well when laying flat on my desk.

None of these are really a big deal, I can live with them just fine. I have for the last month. But I am curious is there is an improvement in the replacements. I heard that VZW is sending out "Green Dot" S2's as replacements, and people have said that they are improved.

So if you have received a Green Dot S2, let me know if it is good
    11-30-09 07:39 PM
    Bumppp interested in this too.
    12-01-09 03:49 PM
    I can press all four buttons easily - whether the phone is in my hand or on a table. It is so much more responsive then my last one and doesn't hurt to type on because of the pressure it used to take. I have no problems with this replacement whatsoever. The bezel in the upper left is a little raised though -but not as bad as the last one. It doesn't bother me though.
    12-01-09 04:21 PM
    I just received a new replacemect storm2. My last phone had charging issues.

The new phone has the same duo in screen as my last one. I could really not care about that. I have more of a send button than I had on my last storm2. I liked the acerb on my last one better. If I did not have charging issues it would have been a keeper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:31 PM
    I just recieved my replacement phone due to send key problem...old one was from canada 1 and now it mexico 5...u decide...this phone is perfect =]
    12-01-09 05:54 PM
    Not sure how to tell if it's a "green dot" but I'm on my 3rd and it's worse.

1st had bottom button pressing problems from the get go, screen not too bad.
    2nd drained the battery like it was water.
    3rd has better battery life but screen is stiffer overall and buttons don't work well again. the top left area of screen hard to press also. The send key is almost impossible without pressing 3 times. (what is with the magic number 3? The first one did the same with 3 presses).

I'm not complaining, just comparing mine to the issues others have.

My husbands worked perfectly from day one. Screen soft and easy to type on, no button issues at all. I'm frustrated and don't know what to do anymore.
    12-01-09 09:04 PM
    Not sure how to tell if it's a "green dot" but I'm on my 3rd and it's worse.

1st had bottom button pressing problems from the get go, screen not too bad.
    2nd drained the battery like it was water.
    3rd has better battery life but screen is stiffer overall and buttons don't work well again. the top left area of screen hard to press also. The send key is almost impossible without pressing 3 times. (what is with the magic number 3? The first one did the same with 3 presses).

I'm not complaining, just comparing mine to the issues others have.

My husbands worked perfectly from day one. Screen soft and easy to type on, no button issues at all. I'm frustrated and don't know what to do anymore.
    The same thing happend with my 9550s I went through. I fixed the bottom button issue by adjusting the torx till the screen clicked. Remove the water sticker with a threading needle and adjust the torx while the phone is still powered on. Confirm the tightness of the torx and check the responsiveness of the screen. I got a 9550 that was just like yours and now everything clicks great. I can lay my phone down and my return key worjs great. I noticed the screen is a lot more responsive also.

12-01-09 09:17 PM
    got a replacement today at the store. first one started to freeze up when typing, the screen would be hard and not let me press anything, then unfreeze and enter a few random letters. both my first one and replacement are from mexico 5 plant. the replacement was at a corp. store and the guy got one from the back. it was in the regular box still sealed. this one seems more responsive but noticed i can't click on the bottom 4 buttons when on a flat surface? but not a biggie cuz i use it in my hands.
    12-01-09 10:15 PM
    got a replacement today at the store. first one started to freeze up when typing, the screen would be hard and not let me press anything, then unfreeze and enter a few random letters. both my first one and replacement are from mexico 5 plant. the replacement was at a corp. store and the guy got one from the back. it was in the regular box still sealed. this one seems more responsive but noticed i can't click on the bottom 4 buttons when on a flat surface? but not a biggie cuz i use it in my hands.
    I wish I'd paid attention to where they were made before I took the first two back. My 3rd is from the Mexico 5 plant. Hubbys that works great is from Canada. I'm in the process of trying to locate a torx driver so I can adjust the screws. Nothing I have here seems to fit, either too big or too small.
    12-02-09 04:39 PM
    I sent mine back without activating it, mainly because I -couldn't- activate it because the send button wouldn't depress no matter what I did. It was the most amazing replacement phone ever.
    12-02-09 04:42 PM
    I got a replacement and this one seems to not have any of the above problems. The screen is a little less sensitive but I blame that on my invisible shield. I went two days without and after I put it on there was a noticeable difference with regards to screen sensitivity. But I prefer having the invisible shield on it.

12-02-09 09:51 PM
    Im currently on my 5th storm 2, so obviously for me its not getting any better.
    12-02-09 10:03 PM
    3. The screen does not click that well when laying flat on my desk

Have the same problem but when I pick it up it works ?
    12-03-09 12:12 AM
    Im currently on my 5th storm 2, so obviously for me its not getting any better.
    Well today I just received my 5th device but my first "refurb" and let me tell you that its been working the best out of them all! I can tell you all the 4 buttons click right out of the box and I haven't needed to adjust the torx yet. The screen is still slanted to the left a little but for now its good.

12-03-09 12:24 AM
    I just received my new device 2 days ago and all the bottom buttons seem to work great when laid on a wooden table, this is my second device as my first one was appalling, the back and send button only seemed to work 20% of the time.
    12-03-09 09:28 AM
    I'm on my first one I've had it for about a month and everything clicks just fine...so no problems there...but one thing that does concern me is at the bottom of the screen there is a section that displays stuff slightly discolored kinda brownish tint to it...its almost like the very bottom is dimmer than the rest of the screen. So I'm thinking about gettin a new one....anyone else had this issue?

12-03-09 09:57 AM
    Well today I just received my 5th device but my first "refurb" and let me tell you that its been working the best out of them all! I can tell you all the 4 buttons click right out of the box and I haven't needed to adjust the torx yet. The screen is still slanted to the left a little but for now its good.

Its just ridiculous. I've only had the phone for 29 days and I've gone through 4 phones and am on my 5th.

12-03-09 11:02 AM
    I have noticed my green dot storm is workign way better for me.
    12-03-09 11:56 AM
    I just got a refurb Storm 2 because I went through 4 S1's.
    I thought it was normal for the screen not to work when it was laid down on the table but I guess not.
    My screen is very hard to press down on when typing I felt like I was going to press so hard the back battery cover would fly off! The guy at the store said that was normal and it was different from the demo model because the demo model got messed with so much it was loosened up a lot. Sounded reasonable but I guess they guy is just a liar or he had a bunch of hard to press screens come through.

My first S1 lasted 6 months and I was so happy, but then it stopped working one day. Then 3 more S1's in less than a month my Verizon store updated me to the S2 that is a refurb. I reused the same old battery I had and 8 gb memory card, no instructions with it so I didn't know about the new stuff like WIFI or anything else.

I've not been real pleased with the S2 and thought some of these things were normal now I really feel cheated that the phone in some cases is much better.

Oh yeah I'm a noob, like I said, I was upset I didn't get an instruction book with it ;-)
    12-03-09 02:09 PM
    Oh yeah one other thing is my S2 just started turning it's self off when I get an incoming text. I don't notice it's turned off till I need it. Then I realized I've missed calls, texts, emails etc.
    That's VERY ANNOYING
    12-03-09 02:11 PM
    I just received my second replacement and I couldn't be happier!
    12-03-09 03:41 PM
    Okay scratch that - that ear piece was blown. So I asked for another one. Lets see if 3rd device is the lucky one.
    12-03-09 05:22 PM
    Well sounds like I will stick with the one I have... I fixed the screen not being level.. its not actually the screen, its the top plastic piece. I pushed it down, and the gap went away. I could also stick something behind the battery to get the screen to work on my desk, but again, thats not a problem for me really...
    12-03-09 08:03 PM
    Not a great phone. Software glitches, voice loss during connected calls and screen that sometimes doesn't respond better than Storm1. So not a very good choice.
    12-03-09 11:40 PM
    I'm having some screen lock up problems and wondering if the top left of the screen being slightly lower, if it could possibly be playing a part in that. No other concerns so far I've had the phone now three weeks only.
    12-04-09 03:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD