Well i have talked to many people who are useing the new bb from t-moblie and said thats they perfer the track ball over the new track pad. said it just seems eaiser to use.who knows but i think i wiil keep my tour and wait for a while to see the pros and cons about this new pad.
    11-30-09 04:20 PM
    you can read from owners with the Trackpad from the new Bold and new Curve thats out. Very impressive reviews from the trackpads. I used a trackpad myself and LOVED it! Much better to use over a trackball.
    11-30-09 04:27 PM
    any problems with the sun light on the track pad ?heard it can effect it.
    11-30-09 04:33 PM
    The track pad is awesome. I am still confused as to why it was not released on the Tour in the first place.
    11-30-09 05:22 PM
    The track pad is awesome. I am still confused as to why it was not released on the Tour in the first place.
    i heard that if they waited a bit, the tour would have the trackpad and wifi, but that they just rushed to get it done and out. so they left out those two items.
    11-30-09 05:29 PM
    iam sure there was close to a yr apart when the tour was finished and ready to be made and then they came out with this. it would have delayed the tour for months and months if they waited.
    11-30-09 05:34 PM
    Yeah the cdma providers needed a new flashy BB so they rushed RIM.
    Its not rims fault for trying to keep a good working relationship with their providers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 05:43 PM
    I don't have any experience with the track pad but I have heard good things. However I always prefered the trackwheel to the trackball.

11-30-09 05:55 PM
    I've played with some bb's with the trackpad and I personally think it is much better than the trackball.
    11-30-09 08:04 PM
    It's just a question of mechanical vs. electronic. I've played with the trackpad on the 8520 and the 9700 and it takes a little getting used to if you're used to the trackball.
    11-30-09 11:20 PM
    It's very nice. You have to adjust the sensitivity to you liking and use. It will take a little getting used to, that's for sure.
    I have one on my 8530 and I had an 8330.

No trackball to worry about getting dirty, lint under it, etc.
    I read one person said extreme bright sunlight fudged his up.

I live in Michigan...so, we never have extreme sunlight...well, maybe for a day.

What RIM needs to do (on the 8530 anyways) is raise the track ball up and make physical buttons that stand up for the Talk, BB, return and End call buttons.
    12-01-09 06:26 AM
    Funny I tried both and for whatever reason liked the trackball better. I like that the trackball does make that little noise with some tactile feel. I would of really loved a bigger wheel like on the Sprint Hero.
    12-03-09 09:09 PM

12-03-09 11:02 PM
    I have the 9700 and also the pearl 8120. The new pad is far superior. You are nuts if you would want the ball over the new pad. Just my opinion.

12-03-09 11:05 PM
    I like the feel of the trackball much better, its smoother. I dont really like the friction that the pad has. HOWEVER, with the quirkiness of the trackball, I would take the pad ANY DAY.
    12-03-09 11:37 PM
    Been using the 9700 for over a week and I love it! RIM made a good call on the trackpad. No problems at all with it.
    12-04-09 07:25 AM
    However I always prefered the trackwheel to the trackball.

+1 lol

trackpad is amazing however
    12-13-09 04:28 PM
    Pad all the way. I was always scared to use the trackball to click a link os select something in case it no longer rolled.

The trackpad, well, its just amazing.

12-13-09 04:33 PM
    I think the trackpad is definitely superior in terms of hardware, but I do love the trackball. I'm sure the trackpad will b just as eay to use once u get used to it

12-13-09 07:52 PM
    trackpad is so much better then the trackball. No more worrying about if u get grease or liquid on the trackball..
    12-13-09 07:53 PM
    I played with one the other day and my initial opinion is that it is not as good as the trackball response-wise. This may be because I am more accustomed to the trackball. It may be better if given more time with it. It doesn't seem as responsive and diagonal directions seem even less so.

However, it looks hot and the fact that I will never have the mechanical problems the trackball is inherently prone to make it more exciting to get the hang of. It clicks down like the trackball also.
    12-14-09 01:09 PM
    Trackpad is awesome on my 8530.....but I was actually thinking about turning the sensitivity down a bit. It almost works too good!

12-14-09 09:36 PM
    I like the feel of the trackball much better, its smoother. I dont really like the friction that the pad has. HOWEVER, with the quirkiness of the trackball, I would take the pad ANY DAY.
    Talk about an invaild point. Anyways, sticking with the trackball.

12-14-09 10:03 PM
    The trackpad is way better then the trackball rim should have made this switch years ago
    12-17-09 09:47 AM
    Its amazing till it stops working and you have to get it replaced then we will hear the truth never buy anything in its first generation
    12-17-09 09:58 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD