Hi!

I'm sorry is this is the wrong section, but I didn't know exactly where to post but I'll start off with my story:

I have an 8900. My boyfriend's cousin has an 8900. So we have the same phone and whatnot, and I've recently become a crazy blackberry fanatic and I decided to take a shot and download the OS beta releases for 5.0.

All went well. I was very careful and I knew the risks and whatnot but I've never nuked my berry once. Unfortunately, my boyfriend's cousin wasn't so lucky and his blackberry is now rendered useless. The screen is completely black and he says the LED just blinks red.

The thing is, I know I could probably fix it if I had the stupid phone with me, but I don't. His cousin lives in NY, and I live in ... dun dun dun, Canada!

I want to purposely nuke my blackberry, to see if I could walk him through the tutorials. He says he's having no luck and I know if I tried I could probably do it. (I'm not a blackberry genius or anything, hence why I'm posting here, but I'm pretty damn persistent on making things work, even if I have to throw or crush things .. ) He seems impatient and I don't know if he's doing all the steps correctly and such..

I wanted to know this, before going ahead and murdering my poor phone .. is there a 100% chance of me actually getting it fully functioning again? Or has it ever occurred in the past where people have nuked their berries and they've been lost to the world ever since ..?

Sorry for such a long post guys, and thanks for your time.
    11-30-09 02:46 PM
    Kevin wrote a BlackBerry 101 post about recovering a Nuked BlackBerry. Follow the directions at the link below and your good to go!

Recover a Nuked BB
    11-30-09 02:54 PM
    Aww, thank you! I know, I've got him to follow it but he said it still hasn't worked him. ^^

I was just wondering if I were to nuke my berry, I'd be able to get it working fine without a problem. (Problem being that it's repairable ... not that I'd get it working easily.)
    11-30-09 03:00 PM
    Most likely yes you will be able to recover (you are a brave one, I've never heard of anyone purposely nuking their BB. Lol) But if he is having a problem with the De-Nuking instructions he may have an issue other than something that can be fixed by following the above instructions. Might be worse than a nuked BB.
    11-30-09 03:06 PM
    The easiest way to get a Nuked device back in my book is to download and install both CrackMem and whatever OS you prefer... start CrackMem, select the OS version, click Wipe... this will Wipe your device and load the OS... less than 5 minutes I believe the last time I ran it.

This said, I think there are different levels of Nuked... this will take care of the easiest... I've personally never seen anything that needs more.
    11-30-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD