To all those crying out for an os update: Are you experiencing issues with your device that warrant an update or are you used to having to update it regularly like with the storm1? I am not trying to start a flame war here, I am just curious. I had a storm 1 from launch and yes, I also had probably 10+ os updates during its life. I haven't had any issues with the s2 as of yet that were OS related. Will I install a hybrid? *done. Just curiosity as previously stated.
    11-30-09 10:57 AM
    To all those crying out for an os update: Are you experiencing issues with your device that warrant an update or are you used to having to update it regularly like with the storm1? I am not trying to start a flame war here, I am just curious. I had a storm 1 from launch and yes, I also had probably 10+ os updates during its life. I haven't had any issues with the s2 as of yet that were OS related. Will I install a hybrid? *done. Just curiosity as previously stated.
    The only issue that I have is the Send button being hard to press occasionally. I hope that there is a reason for this and that it can be fixed. I would be thrilled if it was caused by software as my phone is flawless otherwise.
    11-30-09 11:08 AM
    The only thing I would like, is for the home screen icons to update. That is all, lol...
    11-30-09 12:28 PM
    The icons updating is an issue to be fixed by app developers as far as I know, not RIM.
    Most certainly not... An OS upgrade will fix the updating app icons on the home screen... They update just as they should, on the FULL menu, BUT not on the home screen... It is most definitely an OS issue...
    11-30-09 01:29 PM
    Yeah its OS related as I'm running a hybrid that DOES update homescreen icons on the 9550 and I haven't missed a beat in upgrading from my old storm 1. BerryWeather and MeterBerry both update for me as always :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 01:33 PM
    I am happy with the current OS no issues here works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 01:39 PM
    Home screen icons updating and the dimming in landscape mode are the two fixes I am waiting for.
    11-30-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD