I have a brand new Blackberry Bold 9700 that I purchased last night. I am using T-mobile. The network date and time are correct, however, I cannot get the device date and time to match. I have tried setting the time with and without daylight savings time, with and without network time to no avail. I have also tried re-starting and battery pulls without any success. Is this a defective phone, or a defective user?
    11-30-09 07:05 AM
    mine did that for a bit too the way i fixed it was take it off the network clock and set the time manually (set it to what the network clock says) then click save, then go back in and click it to network time and then click save, do a battery pull or Alt-Shft-DEL to reboot it and ever since its been fine
    11-30-09 08:05 AM
    Thank you for your feedback. I tried what you suggested, and it didn't work. My question now, is, is my phone defective, or does everyone have the same problem with this phone?
    11-30-09 09:47 AM
    Try a battery pull, that's funny because if its set to network time then it should update. The other way to fix the clock is to connect it to desktop manager and there is an option when doing a sync or a backup or when it searches for upgrades and you install them it re syncs the clock. Sorry I can't be more specific as I am running a OS update on my computer and cannot access desktop manager right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 10:58 AM
    I had the same issue. Set it to "Use network time" no. and close and save. Then open it and change "use network time" to Yes. Then close and save. If that doesn't work. A battery pull maybe?

This fixed it for me after several days of fustration. No battery pull needed for me though.
    11-30-09 11:00 AM
    to add to the inquiry, my office PC (and everyone else's) is always 5 minutes late. when i plugged (via USB) the BB in today for charging, the BB clock changed to the PC time. is this normal?

after charging i did not wait for the clock to reset, i did a battery pull and it went back to the network time.
    11-30-09 11:13 AM
    Hey guys I'm having the same problem. After turning off my 9700 for the night and then turning it on again the next morning it shows the date and time the phone was shut off last night and not the curent date/ time. I followed instructions did battery pull. Is it normal? Btw I have not done any updates yet... Thx
    12-01-09 12:56 AM
    I have a brand new Blackberry Bold 9700 that I purchased last night. I am using T-mobile. The network date and time are correct, however, I cannot get the device date and time to match. I have tried setting the time with and without daylight savings time, with and without network time to no avail. I have also tried re-starting and battery pulls without any success. Is this a defective phone, or a defective user?
    Setting the time and date (BlackBerry� Bold 9700)
    To set the time and date, perform the following steps:
    1. At the Home screen, press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Applications.
    3. Scroll to and select Clock.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Scroll to and select Set Time.
    6. Scroll to and select the Use Network Time drop-down menu.
    7. Scroll to and select No.
    8. Scroll to the time displayed and press the Touchpad.
    9. Scroll up or down in each field to edit the time.
    10. Press the Touchpad when done.
    11. Press the Menu key.
    12. Select Save.
    12-19-09 12:31 AM
    Hey guys I'm having the same problem. After turning off my 9700 for the night and then turning it on again the next morning it shows the date and time the phone was shut off last night and not the curent date/ time. I followed instructions did battery pull. Is it normal? Btw I have not done any updates yet... Thx
    Setting the time and date (BlackBerry� Bold 9700)
    To set the time and date, perform the following steps:
    1. At the Home screen, press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Applications.
    3. Scroll to and select Clock.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Scroll to and select Set Time.
    6. Scroll to and select the Use Network Time drop-down menu.
    7. Scroll to and select No.
    8. Scroll to the time displayed and press the Touchpad.
    9. Scroll up or down in each field to edit the time.
    10. Press the Touchpad when done.
    11. Press the Menu key.
    12. Select Save.
    12-19-09 12:31 AM
    thanks for the guide
    02-04-10 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD