Okay so I've had my 9700 on Tmobile for 10 days now and I'm running 5.0.0.330 and I'm having WIFI problems, I'm connected to a router, it says the name and the green check mark is present so it seems like I am for sure connected but when I go into the browser or web2go it just says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later"

Also, has anyone tried the 1750mah battery?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=spXayq0m

Wondering if it would be worth the money even tho my battery life is great I always want more
    11-29-09 08:44 PM
    Anyone?
    It's getting on my nerves
    11-29-09 10:43 PM
    I am having the same issue--I can receive email but get the msg when trying to use the browser. Have talked to c/s 4 times, resent service books, updates etc--still not working. I am thinking about returning it.
    11-30-09 01:10 PM
    I am having the same issue--I can receive email but get the msg when trying to use the browser. Have talked to c/s 4 times, resent service books, updates etc--still not working. I am thinking about returning it.
    Did you make sure the APN is set to epc.tmobile.com? It shouldn't matter, but the way T-Mo uses UMA, it may route that data through them, and if the APN isn't set, then I can see where it might cause it to fail.

BTW - that is found in Options>Advanced Settings>TCP/IP
    Last edited by berkdavis; 11-30-09 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added information.
    11-30-09 01:28 PM
    Ya that was enabled, and set to that. The APN Authentication wasn't enabled, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    11-30-09 01:56 PM
    Ya that was enabled, and set to that. The APN Authentication wasn't enabled, I don't know if that makes a difference.
    No, no authentication is required. Hmmmm.....
    11-30-09 02:02 PM
    What is your default browser set to in Browser>Options>General Properties?
    11-30-09 02:03 PM
    Internet browser is my default
    This is strange
    11-30-09 06:22 PM
    mine has issues as well on wifi..sometimes it takes a while to connect via uma, and then sometimes calls cant be made or browsing doesnt work
    11-30-09 07:34 PM
    Maybe this is a problem with the OS 330 that came with the Bold?
    11-30-09 08:26 PM
    In Manage Connections un-check the WiFi option and then re-check it.

I tried this when I got home tonight and it seemed to re-connect for me, allowing me to suf the net on my BB. I do think the OS is a tad buggy but for me the it has been working pretty well.
    11-30-09 08:59 PM
    I'm having this EXACT same issue (and I also happen to have the same question about the battery, haha). Does ANYONE have any ideas? It's maddening. I've just turned off WiFi for now since AT&T's 3G is pretty fast around here.
    11-30-09 09:15 PM
    Okay so I've had my 9700 on Tmobile for 10 days now and I'm running 5.0.0.330 and I'm having WIFI problems, I'm connected to a router, it says the name and the green check mark is present so it seems like I am for sure connected but when I go into the browser or web2go it just says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later"

Wondering if it would be worth the money even tho my battery life is great I always want more
    i'm pretty sure it's the same problem i had with only one of my routers (the most expesive one too!), but not anymore by following Step 9a & 9b of this guide ==> http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/wif...ed-out-232912/

not the best nor a permanent solution, but at least wifi works now, good luck!
    Last edited by marklu98; 11-30-09 at 10:00 PM.
    11-30-09 09:53 PM
    Still can't get WIFI to work, oh well I have 3G
    Last edited by Ronin_81; 12-07-09 at 01:00 AM.
    12-07-09 12:36 AM
    I'm also still having WiFi issues. I'm now running OS .405 as well.
    12-07-09 09:55 AM
    I have this issue at work where I set up two wifi routers as repeaters to get the signal from a distant conference room. I know the setup works since I can get UMA once in a while and my laptop connects just fine every time. The 9700, however, always needs coaxing and sometimes just doesn't want to work. Network Details shows the UMA error as "Cannot Reach DNS Server." I know the DNS server works fine since my laptop is here and can surf easily.
    12-07-09 10:01 AM
    I'm running OS .415 now and haven't had any WiFi issues so far. Hopefully RIM got everything fixed in the updates platform...
    12-09-09 08:35 PM
    Network Details shows the UMA error as "Cannot Reach DNS Server." I know the DNS server works fine since my laptop is here and can surf easily.
    That may not be the 9700 - I have seen this on other T-Mobile UMA phones, on some routers. I recall that on one I had to open a port on the firewall (and I apologize, but I can't remember which one...) and on another enable the respond-to-remote-ping. Turn the firewall off, enable ping and VPN protocols, see if it works, work back from there. Also, I have given my UMA phones static IP addresses, locked on their MAC addresses, which has made them mucho happier. I think the switch does not like having to figure out which address a UMA phone went to - remember a phone moves all the time, so may request a new DHCP address several times in an hour, and then the switch has to find the phone again (see my earlier ping comment).

I've just activated my new 9700 on my home network, with two routers on which I was using UMA for a couple of years already, and it worked right out of the box, web and all, so..
    12-09-09 11:47 PM
    I would lean towards the router here first and foremost. Do you have WEP or anything enabled? If so I'm assuming you guys know how to troubleshoot WiFi related syncing issues. I have never had an issue right out the box connecting to either public WiFi (if supported) or adding it to my LAN WiFi.

Maartsen hit it on the head!
    Last edited by Zipper; 12-10-09 at 02:52 AM.
    12-10-09 02:50 AM

This is why u stay with stock os or official os releases. Why fix something if it aint broke? Running stock .296 and have connected to 5 diff wifi spots including hotspots with no issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD