when i send a simple text to a friend who is also under my bbm contacts it sends the message as a bbm and the chat is under bmm. i dont use their pin i use their phone # also i get a little phone icon next to the message instead of a bbm icon.. someone mentioned its linked but how do u unlink it?
    11-29-09 08:11 PM
    Yea I've noticed the same and I think if u go into edit contact u can unlink it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 08:17 PM
    cant find it under edit
    11-29-09 08:32 PM
    Go into your BBM, then options. Go to the second choice that is "Show Chats in Messages Application" and see if that helps.

I read something about this issue and think this is the cure.....
    Last edited by ibcop; 11-29-09 at 08:41 PM.
    11-29-09 08:36 PM
    Go into your BBM, then options. Go to the second choice that is "Show Chats in Messages Application" and see if that helps.

I read something about this issue and think this is the cure.....
    nope that doesnt work
    11-29-09 08:49 PM
    nope that doesnt work
    I have the same gripe! I even forget that I'm sending texts and not PINS so I hit enter @ the end of every sentence as if I were having a bbm conversation and end up sending a whole lot of texts. Or I have a text conversation and a bbm conversation open with the same contact in the messenger app. Very annoying and I hope they'll at least give us the option to seperate them in an update.

11-29-09 09:09 PM
    Open BBM, scroll down to the contact you wish to unlink, press menu button, scroll down to remove contacts link. This should now allow you to have texts/BBMs with that contact show up under their respective icons.
    11-29-09 09:37 PM
    Open BBM, scroll down to the contact you wish to unlink, press menu button, scroll down to remove contacts link. This should now allow you to have texts/BBMs with that contact show up under their respective icons.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you..finally.researching and not being able to find the answer..i knew someone on here had the it..thanks again
    11-29-09 09:43 PM
    Wow that's great!!! Was getting to be Sooooo annoying! Love my CB fam!

11-29-09 09:47 PM
    Glad I could help !
    11-29-09 10:23 PM
    If you do the suggested fix, don't you lose the persons profile id?
    11-29-09 10:33 PM
    If you do the suggested fix, don't you lose the persons profile id?
    Yes, as of now you will loose your BBM contacts picture in BBM if you unlink them. I can deal with not seeing their picture so long as texts and BBMs show up in the propper locations. There probably will be a fix or BBM update to address this. I think its only an issue if you're running OS 5.0
    11-29-09 10:51 PM
    seems to remove their pin from the address book also :/

rim been too smart for their own good i think
    11-29-09 10:52 PM
    seems to remove their pin from the address book also :/

rim been too smart for their own good i think
    yeah it does but i rather deal with that and have my text not linked
    11-30-09 12:51 AM
    I have the same gripe! I even forget that I'm sending texts and not PINS so I hit enter @ the end of every sentence as if I were having a bbm conversation and end up sending a whole lot of texts. Or I have a text conversation and a bbm conversation open with the same contact in the messenger app. Very annoying and I hope they'll at least give us the option to seperate them in an update.

what does "@" at the end of every sentence do?
    11-30-09 02:58 AM
    youre reading it wrong.. he means he hit enter at the end of every sentence.. i did the same and wasted like 10 texts out of my 500 a month without realizing it
    11-30-09 03:09 AM
    This implemented feature for the BlackBerry OS is supposedly the "RIM answer" to the "Universal Inbox" functions that several competitor's OS offer.

Your BB mail account will also offer notification linking in the standard "Messages" location.
    11-30-09 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD