[vent]
    So...

I had issues with my send button not pressing in like quite a few others have had here. I decide to go to my local Verizon to take care of the issue because whether or not it was a software issue, I don't believe it was normal.

Long story short.. they exchanged the phone, then I had the new phone restart on me twice while I was just holding it.

So, I had two reps tell me two wonderful things:

1) The Storm2's buttons are supposed to lock up if the radio is off. It is supposed to do that (mind you I told him that the phone does it regardless of whether or not the radio is on. It was off since I just wiped the device before taking it in).

2) BlackBerry devices are supposed to restart on their own automatically. I laughed when they told me this. I'm almost embarrassed for Verizon that their reps are telling people that a phone someone may spend close to $300 on is supposed to restart on its own while you're using it.

It just needed a battery pull but instead of saying something like that they said that it just restarts. Shame....

Hopefully, I'm the only one that has a story like this to tell but if I am not, I'd love to hear it.

I was a little heated by it so I had to take my new phone and get out of there but the new one works great so far. [/vent]

Wish me luck.
    11-29-09 06:02 PM
    I wish the reps around me were that stupid so I could tell them they are full of it, but they aren't.
    Glad to see its fixed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 06:07 PM
    yea I know the feeling . I went to my local v-store and walked .. told the lady there I had some issues with my phone that I showed here .. when another rep came up there she informed that rep that I has having issues with my DROID .. I was like uh no its a BLACKBERRY STORM 2 ..she said ooo well i dont know the difference .. needless to say I got nothing accomplished by going there
    11-29-09 06:27 PM
    Storm 2's are crap...after 3 bad ones i gave up...9700 rocks.
    11-29-09 07:12 PM
    I would agree with you except a friend of mine has one and while nice, I enjoyed the first storm (besides its quirks and lack of sufficient OS) and enjoy the second one.

The sad thing is that RIM can't seem to get this phone right for every single person that purchases one. Everyone seems to have their own issue with it. Whether its the hardware or software aspect, its never the same experience but hopefully that will change...

I've been saying that for a year now though. In any case, myself and all my friends see an improvement with the S2 over the S1 but that might be a stretch for the people with bad experiences.
    11-29-09 07:18 PM
    I bought 2 S2's on launch day and they are both excellent devices. By far the best BB's I have ever owned. Peace.

11-29-09 07:40 PM
    Its sad to hear this about the reps really. There are many good ones out there i am sure but seriously they have to be "smoewhat" familar with 15+ devices. what they need are peopel dedicated to certain products ranges. IE 2-3 extensively trianed on blackberrys and another that deals with LG touch and dumbphones etc. It seems it would better serve teh company and the customer that way instead of them spouting of crap like we see here.
    11-29-09 07:51 PM
    I was in my wonderful Verizon store today myself getting my button issue worked out with a new phone(actually went through 3 of them before getting a good one) the girl that was helping me was knowledgeable and didn't try to BS me. I also walked in with my laptop to do the device switch with the DM in the store as well so that could have had something to do with it. But the reps sitting next to her were downright ********. A lady walked in with her daughters envy2 claiming the unit wouldn't power on. They immediately pull the battery and state "this battery has a red water damage label, we can't warranty this device". To which the lady replied that she had just received that battery in the mail from Verizon to correct this issue and that of the battery had gotten wet it was before she received it. The rep continued to argue her case and I was biting my tongue. Eventually a manager walked over and got the rep straightened out by simply looking at the lady's account history to see that she was telling the truth. There are some things that should be handled with tact and an irate customer is one of them. I could see that sticker from where I was at and it was more whitish pink than red. Which is an indicator of a humid environment over direct water contact.

11-29-09 07:55 PM
    No they are not! User error you should learn how to use the phone properly and not bash it. My storm is flawless and by far not a "piece of crap " for sure. Stop bashing and start using constructive criticism instead. Your 9700 is not without flaws as is no smart phone out there.

11-29-09 07:56 PM
    Storm 2 is definitely not crap, but I can see with so many units being manufactured plus the added complexity of the screen technology, there could be so many bad seeds reaching customer hands. What that actual percentage is I don't know. Heck, I just witnessed my buddy get two crappy storm 1 replacements with screens that didn't click. I seriously didn't think that was possible at this point in the game.

11-29-09 09:12 PM
    Load the hybrid os from bbhybrids - had two s2's with the clicking problem - loaded the hybrid os and haven't had the problem once in over 2 weeks.
    11-29-09 09:42 PM
    I have had a problem with my s2 restarting automatically. I got it replaced and this one is fine so far. Hopefully, next version of os will be a bit smoother.
    11-29-09 09:47 PM
    My Storm 2 has been working great since day 1. Did the Torx screw mod and it clicks even better. Only issue i've been having is slow Wifi, but thats just because of the wireless network i'm on.
    11-29-09 10:40 PM
    Store reps aren't really trained to work with smartphones, although I think they need to be. If you need data support, just save the trip and call in.
    11-29-09 10:53 PM
    I don't go to the store anymore. They are all ******* in my eyes, at least in the 2 stores around me. The people I talk to on the phone are trained to handle BlackBerry issues. I always get things straightened out over the phone.

And to the person who said the Storm 2 sucks is a moron. Your 9700 has a host more issues than the Storm 2 so buzz off.

As stated in another post I think it's safe to say that the first batch of the Storm 2 wasn't too great. The ones in the store - at least mine are new batches and the issues seem to be gone, especially the un even screen.
    11-29-09 11:23 PM
    cool story bro!

user error FTW!
    11-29-09 11:26 PM
    I love my storm2. Can't imagine having to go back to the bold again!

11-30-09 05:44 AM
    I deal with what I can only describe as a knowledgeable, professional staff at the V - Store in my area.
    11-30-09 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD