Has anyone had memory loss issues after updating to 5.0?

Before I updated I experience upwards of 30+ in memory and now I'm regularly at 13-15 even after a battery pull and it will go as low as 3-4.

Is it possibly the new Vzw video and Vzw ringtone apps that were auto downloaded a few weeks back causing this? any other ideas?
    11-29-09 05:30 PM
    Well the 5.0 systems are bigger than the 4.7 ones, so that's part of the problem more than likely. Also, unless you installed those apps they are not on your phone and are not running. They only take up a tiny kb. So the next question is, what apps do you have and we can try to figure out what is causing your memory to drop like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 05:59 PM
    I know this issue has been beaten to death, but does anyone notice a difference in performance when memory drops to 3-4 mb?

I just picked up a new Verizon 9530 a couple of weeks ago. v5.0.0.328. No fancy 3rd party apps installed. Just Google Maps, Pandora, Poynt, Quicklaunch, and Weatherbug. I noticed that after a few days without a battery pull, the memory would drop to about 3 or 4 mb. Currently, after 6 days, memory is at 4 mb, and I have not noticed a decrease in performance.

I stopped checking the memory.
    11-29-09 07:17 PM
    Some people do have problems when their memory gets that low, but I have also seen many posts from people who aren't having problems with it being that low.
    11-29-09 07:53 PM
    I don't often have problems when memory gets low.

Occasionally it'll load up if I'm typing too fast or click on a program and then twice now, I've gotten a screen telling me that memory is low and I need to delete some programs. I do a battery pull and it goes away
    11-29-09 08:16 PM
    I'm not trying to be a nag but this type of thread appears way to often. If u just read one page from the Storm OS or this thread u will see a post similar to this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by aval89; 11-29-09 at 08:30 PM.
    11-29-09 08:26 PM
    After the upgrade I would boot up w/21mb, now I can't get anything higher than 16! Never get the low memory screen and if it gets too low most of the time my calendar events are deleted but no performance issues. And this is all w/very few apps!!
    11-29-09 09:23 PM
    I had a similiar problem after the upgrade so I went into the Desktop Manager and saw a bunch of other languages had been installed with the upgrade. I uninstalled them (through DM) and picked up at least 5 meg of memory.
    11-30-09 06:52 AM
    I unloaded the extraneous language packs too, not much need for Chinese and Korean support on my phone. Picked up, I think 6-8 megs.
    11-30-09 09:34 AM
    One of the problems with low memory is that your device will compensate by deleting old calender entries, which you MAY not want deleted.
    11-30-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD