anyone knows wwhy status message cant be updated on bbm 5.0 ???

previously im using bb javelin and using the old bbm ,it was, i update the status and everybody can see it, then i upgrade to bbm 5.0 and restore the contact list from my back up, and it cant updtae the status anymore, i mean i can set the status an so on, but people cant see the change in my status message. I thought it must be a corrupt back up.

so i just lear to life with it,

and yesterday i bought a bb onyx, or bold 9700, that comes with os 5.0 and bbm 5 . i dont want to restore my contact from my previous 8900 back up afraid it might be corrupt so i re add again the contact one by one, i added a bout 10 contacts and try to update my status messages, and it work !! yipee finally.
    but to my horror after i add them all (about 150) now i cant update my status message again!!!

i heard someone ever tell me that this is abug, that if your contact list for BBM is more than 100, u wont be able to update your status message,
    but if your contact list is less than that you are good to go.
    can anybody confirm this ?
    its just spoiled my enjoyment of having a supposedly "smart phone"
    11-29-09 08:50 AM
    anyone knows wwhy status message cant be updated on bbm 5.0 ???

previously im using bb javelin and using the old bbm ,it was, i update the status and everybody can see it, then i upgrade to bbm 5.0 and restore the contact list from my back up, and it cant updtae the status anymore, i mean i can set the status an so on, but people cant see the change in my status message. I thought it must be a corrupt back up.

so i just lear to life with it,

and yesterday i bought a bb onyx, or bold 9700, that comes with os 5.0 and bbm 5 . i dont want to restore my contact from my previous 8900 back up afraid it might be corrupt so i re add again the contact one by one, i added a bout 10 contacts and try to update my status messages, and it work !! yipee finally.
    but to my horror after i add them all (about 150) now i cant update my status message again!!!

i heard someone ever tell me that this is abug, that if your contact list for BBM is more than 100, u wont be able to update your status message,
    but if your contact list is less than that you are good to go.
    can anybody confirm this ?
    its just spoiled my enjoyment of having a supposedly "smart phone"
    FINALLY SOMEONE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME !!!...........i have been having this problem for about the past 3 months. i have a storm. when i was running on the leaked BBM 5.0 version, the status issue never happend. then when i downloaded the official version- everything your having a problem with - happened to me. i got as crazy as bringing it to a store, they couldnt identify the problem, so they gave me a brand new storm...but guess what- it happened again. i hate it! =(
    11-30-09 12:17 AM
    this happened to me too...i dropped my contacts down to 99 and it seems to work now.
    but i dont want to be confined to only 99 contacts...wtf!
    12-11-09 02:58 PM
    SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, BUT I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF BBM 5.0.0.56!
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm

USE THAT LINK IN YOUR BROWSER ON YOUR BLACKBERRY AND IT SHOULD SOLVE ANY AND ALL PROBLEMS YOU WERE EXPERIENCING WITH THE OLDER VERSION OF BBM. HOWEVER, WHEN I DID IT, IT ERASED ALL MY BBM CONTACTS FROM MY BBM LIST (200 OR SO CONTACTS) BUT WHEN MY MOM DID THE UPGRADE TO 5.0.0.56 HER 5 CONTACTS EASILY, AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHED OVER. BE SURE TO BACK-UP YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE DOING THIS UPGRADE. OTHER THAN THAT, THANK GOD THAT STATUS UPDATES ARE BACK! ENJOY THE NEW BBM AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
    12-20-09 09:30 AM
    I'm on the newest version of BBM and I am still having this issue. I don't have over 100 contacts!
    05-07-10 09:22 AM
    Related Question and apologies if in wrong thread...I just switched over to the 9300 from an 8320 and while I like the new system, my BBM Contacts no longer have changing status icons (Available, Unavailable when using or offline for 2 minutes or more, Unreachable), but instead just the BBerry Icon. Any ideas about how I can get that old feature back ?
    01-03-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD