Anybody gotten a replacement lately that has been perfect, worked perfect pertaining to software, screen, ect. My biggest thing is i had a perfect storm from the start traded it in for a replacement(bad idea) and this screen has been okay still not perfect, had to do the paper trick on this one. Any input would be great just wanna see what there handin out now.
    11-28-09 01:18 PM
    got an insurance replacement and it was brand new, so far no complaints(knocks on wood).
    11-28-09 03:06 PM
    This is my third one. The first one got dust under the screen. the second one wouldn't turn on. So hopefully third times a charm...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 05:18 PM
    Got mine replaced just last week after having it since the release. I was reluctant to change since mine had been so good, but this one is perfect!
    11-28-09 07:57 PM
    Yup got a fru about 2 weeks ago. Clicks way better than my first Storm. Overall a good phone.

11-28-09 08:46 PM
    Insurance replacements should be new through Assurion I believe. The warranty replacements through your service provider might be refurbished. I got a refurbished replacement last May and it has worked awesome for me after screen click problems on the first one I had for only four months.

Its just luck of the draw on the refurbs whether you get an early version that might be different, or a later version after they had gotten better at the production process. For the most part they're pretty good now I believe.
    11-28-09 08:46 PM
    I got a refurb last week and I was scared of trading in mine because it clicked just fine, but my new one clicks better than my original so I would go for it. I also told the Verizon store and customer service that I don't want a refurb and if my replacement doesn't click like my original I was going to go off on them and make sure to give me a storm2 but again everything turned out fine.

11-29-09 08:27 AM
    This is my third one and the screen is better than my first two. Everything else is fine also.

11-29-09 08:34 AM
    This is my third one. The first one got dust under the screen. the second one wouldn't turn on. So hopefully third times a charm...

How much dust was under your screen? I've got some under the top left corner but it isn't that bad......yet. Its just really annoying that I even have to look at it.

11-29-09 10:53 AM
    I am on my second replacement, and this one is as good as my original.
    11-29-09 11:08 AM
    Recently got my fourth replacement, almost 9 months after the third replacement. Original was made in Canada. No 2 & 3 in Mexico. No 4 in Canada. So far so good - I haven't adjusted the torc screws but the paper trick works just as well. The screen is fairly responsive but I still make plenty of mistakes because each screen mechanism will be different and I had my Storm #3 for almost 8 months.

11-29-09 01:16 PM
    I got my replacement 2 days ago and it sucks. Screen click is terrible. Also, every time I put it on the charger the screen starts to mess up.

11-29-09 01:33 PM
    i got a refurb a couple weeks ago after my send key broke. no issues with it at all.
    11-29-09 02:15 PM
    I'm on Storm number 3. the first two lasted about four months each. This new one seems to click better so far but who knows!
    11-29-09 05:05 PM
    How much dust was under your screen? I've got some under the top left corner but it isn't that bad......yet. Its just really annoying that I even have to look at it.

it wasn't much, but like you said it is rather annoying. They wanted to tell me that it was b/c it was in my pocket. but they took care of it. lol.
    12-05-09 11:21 PM
    it wasn't much, but like you said it is rather annoying. They wanted to tell me that it was b/c it was in my pocket. but they took care of it. lol.
    I just got my replacement yesterday. First one actually. My original lasted me 9 months before I had issues. I must say though, as good as my original was this one is 10 times better! The strange thing is however that the OS on my replacement was missing the browser, email setup, and a couple other small files. But a quick run through on DM fixed that right up.. No biggie.

Big Red has always taken care of me during my three years of service. More than I can say for other companies. Both cell companies and those in other industries. They do a pretty good job at customer service IMO.

12-06-09 02:44 AM
    i am on my 7th in not even 6mths ... but this one is GREAT ... hopefully it lasts. the tech told me that with this replacement i am in a position to argue and get a brand new phone of choice
    12-06-09 02:44 AM
    I just got my replacement yesterday. First one actually. My original lasted me 9 months before I had issues. I must say though, as good as my original was this one is 10 times better! The strange thing is however that the OS on my replacement was missing the browser, email setup, and a couple other small files. But a quick run through on DM fixed that right up.. No biggie.

Big Red has always taken care of me during my three years of service. More than I can say for other companies. Both cell companies and those in other industries. They do a pretty good job at customer service IMO.

yeah that's happened to me before when I did the Update. I forgot what I did to fix it but I ended up fixing it.
    12-06-09 07:32 AM
    Yeah just got a refurb from Verizon. I like most was worried about getting one as my click was good before, but software kept rebooting and locking up, so had to. Got it the other day and it clicks even better than before. The funny thing is I think RIM is trying to do the dime in battery compartment trick on it as there is a circle of rubber in the battery compartment that wasn't there in my first. Long story short... works great.
    12-06-09 09:29 AM
    i just got my first replacement yesterday. my storm just randomly decided to stop working; the replacement is amazing. it seems a bit faster and the screen works way better.
    12-06-09 09:49 AM
    I got a replacement about 2 weeks ago. The original (bought on announcement day) worked Ok - the click was not as good as a couple that friends have. My big complaint was that there was dust under the screen - I just couldn't put up with that for another 9-12 months and I was just short of the 1 year warranty. Called 611 and they marked it on my account and said take it to a store and have them look at it and ok it - which I did. The new one works as well or better than the old one (old = Canada, new = Mexico) but the click is unbelievable compared to my old one. Glad I did it. Much happier now - and I can also read text better without the dust - should have done it sooner.
    12-06-09 10:46 AM
    I just got my replacment and it works so much better!
    12-06-09 02:19 PM
    Just got my replacement the other day. I was on my original storm from release day an was really hesitant to replace it but I had no choice due to my headphone jack faiLing after the 328 upgrade. The new Storm has been good so far. I did the torx screw fix for the sCreen on both phones so I wasnt worried about the screen click. My originAl Storm was made in Mexico an the replacement is from Hungary. Im looking for things wrong with the replacement so I can justify upgrading to the Storm 2 lol

12-06-09 02:38 PM
    I just got a replacement this week. My previous Storm was perfect. Perfect until it started randomly re-booting & going to a black screen at any given moment. Anyway, got the replacement & I hate it. Screen click is terrible & the lag is insane.

I went from loving this phone, to hating it in an instant. To all those haters, I now understand.
    12-06-09 03:11 PM
    on my third but this one is working well
    12-06-09 04:14 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD