****Warning***** If illogical unfounded theories irritate you this is not the post for you

I know there is like four million threads on this but my issue is a little different.
    First off i'm not crazy i love rim and i'm not much less intelligent than average Here's the deal my send key (the green one) and the area directly above it become completely unresponsive (NO clicky). I have until now been unable to determine why. Here it is: i have discovered that the issue happens when i clean the screen. So over the last hour i have done this over a dozen times i clean the bottom of the screen (hot cigarette breath and a cloth) after i clean it i get zero click in the lower left area whatsoever. i then get it nice and smudged up (doesn't take long) and it clicks perfect.
    I have zero science supporting this and fully expect and can take the ridicule for this issue/thought but if i get one person who says "hey mine does the same thing" i will be able to declare it a confirmed fact and move on with my life
    Thanks for reading my wall of text and btw it is 2:23am where i am
    Last edited by excess; 11-28-09 at 07:27 AM.
    11-28-09 03:25 AM
    ****Warning***** If illogical unfounded theories irritate you this is not the post for you

I know there is like four million threads on this but my issue is a little different.
    First off i'm not crazy i love rim and i'm not much less intelligent than average Here's the deal my send key (the green one) and the area directly above it become completely unresponsive (NO clicky). I have until now been unable to determine why. Here it is i have discovered that the issue happens when i clean the screen. So over the last hour i have done this over a dozen times i clean the bottom of the screen (hot cigarette breath and a cloth) after i clean it i get zero click in the lower left area whatsoever. i then get it nice and smudged up (doesn't take long) and it clicks perfect.
    I have zero science supporting this and fully expect and can take the ridicule for this issue/thought but if i get one person who says "hey mine does the same thing" i will be able to declare it a confirmed fact and move on with my life
    Thanks for reading my wall of text and btw it is 2:23am where i am
    Well, if not anything else you post was fun to read. I unfortunately can't confirm having this issue/fix, however it is my experience here in Crackberry that for any bizarre issue that someone can run across you can bet there will be somebody else who can confirm it and might even thank you for the "fix."

This will bump your post up if it isn't helpful for anything else.
    11-28-09 06:27 AM
    im eating right now but that was a pretty crazy read...ill try it later
    11-28-09 06:43 AM
    This will bump your post up if it isn't helpful for anything else.
    Thanks

im eating right now but that was a pretty crazy read...ill try it later
    Cool....and regarding your sig i'm at the beginning of a couple weeks of grave shifts myself.....so if you get some crazyass bbms it may be me
    11-28-09 07:26 AM
    So I had/have the send key issue. Mine would work for days and then act up out of nowhere. I'd do a battery pull and it would work again. The phone was flawless in every other way so I decided not to return it and instead bring it in to see what VZW had to say about it. The tech said he had only seen one other send key problem (he wasn't very believable at all). And of course when I brought it in, it was working as good as it ever had. However it was in the midst of a bad day, and I knew if I just walked around the mall a while, it would surely act up again.
    So to the point......
    The tech told me that there is no way it's a software issue, which at the time I did not agree with nor want to here, he said rather that the screen is "floating" on the four buttons and that by using the phone, the screen can get misaligned. So obviously my response was, "so you're telling me I have to bring the phone in for service every two weeks to have it adjusted?" He said no that it was prob never aligned right to start. He brought it behind the magical door and came out 2 minutes later, handed me the phone, and asked me if it felt any better. I laughed because I already said it was working better than it ever had. BUT to my surprise and pleasure, the whole screen has been PERFECT since (over a week). What ever he did, worked. He did poke right thru the sticker on the right adj screw.
    Sorry for the ramble, I'm just really excited and I want people to know there is a chance the techs might fix there's too.
    SOOOO.....what I'm getting at is maybe when you clean it, you are wiggling the screen out of alignment, then as you finger print it back up, it is settling into place, I don;t know. My last thought is if the tech popped my alignment screw cherry, maybe anyone that wants to adj their own screen can argue that the tech did it.
    11-28-09 09:09 AM
    So I had/have the send key issue. Mine would work for days and then act up out of nowhere. I'd do a battery pull and it would work again. The phone was flawless in every other way so I decided not to return it and instead bring it in to see what VZW had to say about it. The tech said he had only seen one other send key problem (he wasn't very believable at all). And of course when I brought it in, it was working as good as it ever had. However it was in the midst of a bad day, and I knew if I just walked around the mall a while, it would surely act up again.
    So to the point......
    The tech told me that there is no way it's a software issue, which at the time I did not agree with nor want to here, he said rather that the screen is "floating" on the four buttons and that by using the phone, the screen can get misaligned. So obviously my response was, "so you're telling me I have to bring the phone in for service every two weeks to have it adjusted?" He said no that it was prob never aligned right to start. He brought it behind the magical door and came out 2 minutes later, handed me the phone, and asked me if it felt any better. I laughed because I already said it was working better than it ever had. BUT to my surprise and pleasure, the whole screen has been PERFECT since (over a week). What ever he did, worked. He did poke right thru the sticker on the right adj screw.
    Sorry for the ramble, I'm just really excited and I want people to know there is a chance the techs might fix there's too.
    SOOOO.....what I'm getting at is maybe when you clean it, you are wiggling the screen out of alignment, then as you finger print it back up, it is settling into place, I don;t know. My last thought is if the tech popped my alignment screw cherry, maybe anyone that wants to adj their own screen can argue that the tech did it.

That sounds more reasonable than my theory I hope u are right.
    Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:52 AM
    Perhaps it is just the phone's way of retaliation for the cigarette breath?
    11-28-09 03:24 PM
    It does seem as though the frame around the screen squirms very slightly which causes the buttons to loose their focus on the electronics beneath the screen. Manipulating the phone by squeezing the sides after placing or removing a gelskin seems to return it to normal.

Interesting point about the original adjustment. That could very well be the answer.
    11-28-09 03:27 PM
    Hmm......Running to store to grab a pack of smokes now...JK.
    11-28-09 07:04 PM
    Mine is the back-up key (between red and blackberry button) that doesn't work once in a while. Which confuses me, since its not like its a corner or anything....

My screen doesn't click at all when the phone is locked. I couldn't believe that...
    11-28-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD