Today I had a coworker come in with her new Curve for Alltel, she needed some help in learning about the BB functions and setting up email and so on. So i had an opportunity to mess with the Curve while I was helping her. And to be honest I think i preferred my Pearl on Verizon better. Maybe I just got quick with the suretype and got used to the size but man I really thought this would make my obsession worse, in wanting the Curve for Verizon. But I think i came to the realization that I want to hold out for either the Bold or the rumored Thunder. I know I am in the minority and i'm sure the curve is great but i guess i am hoping there are others out there that are sticking with the pearl.

I don't send long full emails often so the suretype isn't such a pain to me. Either way I am turning into such an addict, it really is embarrassing. She (my coworker) was asking me a question about how to get out the messenger or something like that and i could tell her what order to push buttons to get to where she wanted with out even looking, lol.
    05-20-08 09:46 PM
    I like full keyboards. I have to touch Pearls from time to time and the SureType drives me nuts. Plus the big thing for me is that I can reboot a QWERTY BB with 3 keys on the keyboard, whereas the Pearl needs a battery pull or software to do it.
    05-20-08 09:57 PM
    Actually I feel sort of the same way! I have played with my bosses Curve and its harder for me to type and use.

I will fully admit that I struggle with Curve Envy everyday and consider going to Verizon to upgrade. However, I'm holding off for now!! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 09:57 PM
    I have a Pearl and have no desire for the Curve, or even the Bold! I love the size and find it uncomfortable when I use a Curve or other BB model. I'll probably keep my Pearl as long as it has life!
    05-20-08 10:00 PM
    I like full keyboards. I have to touch Pearls from time to time and the SureType drives me nuts. Plus the big thing for me is that I can reboot a QWERTY BB with 3 keys on the keyboard, whereas the Pearl needs a battery pull or software to do it.
    Being able to reboot without the battery pull sure would be nice.
    05-20-08 10:04 PM
    You know, that IS something that sortof bothers me too... why isn't there a key sequence to reboot a Pearl? It doesn't bother me enough to switch though!

~P
    05-20-08 10:32 PM
    I have a Pearl and have no desire for the Curve, or even the Bold! I love the size and find it uncomfortable when I use a Curve or other BB model. I'll probably keep my Pearl as long as it has life!
    You stole my words!
    05-20-08 10:45 PM
    The curve Rocks!!
    05-20-08 10:48 PM
    The curve Rocks!!
    Troll!

(I'm teasing... you may unbunch yer undies! )
    05-20-08 10:50 PM
    I need my qwerty keyboard, sorry Pearl.

05-20-08 10:52 PM
    I attempted to help a coworker with a Pearl and that suretype drove me nuts. I take my hat off to those that are comfortable with it.
    05-20-08 11:31 PM
    Being able to reboot without the battery pull sure would be nice.
    You can reboot with a battery pull. If you download the program "SoftReset" (the link is all over the pearl forums) you'll be able to do with.
    05-21-08 12:20 PM
    My sister in law got a Pearl and I was trying to type my PIN and the suretype drove me nuts. I'm sure once you learn how it works, it is fine.
    05-21-08 12:26 PM
    I love my pearl but
    Can't Wait! for the BOLD
    05-21-08 12:26 PM
    I can reboot a QWERTY BB with 3 keys on the keyboard
    OK Help me out...which 3.
    05-21-08 06:26 PM
    Alt (left side), RIGHT SHIFT and the DEL (backspace key). All at the same time - feels kind of crowded getting all those fingers to press all those keys!!!
    05-21-08 06:46 PM
    Dude, the pearl gave me headaches within seconds. I too have a co worker that had one and i was putting my information in it and had to give it back right away due to the "suretype" it offered. Horrible in my option but too each his/her own.
    05-22-08 08:52 AM
    Today I had a coworker come in with her new Curve for Alltel, she needed some help in learning about the BB functions and setting up email and so on. So i had an opportunity to mess with the Curve while I was helping her. And to be honest I think i preferred my Pearl on Verizon better. Maybe I just got quick with the suretype and got used to the size but man I really thought this would make my obsession worse, in wanting the Curve for Verizon. But I think i came to the realization that I want to hold out for either the Bold or the rumored Thunder. I know I am in the minority and i'm sure the curve is great but i guess i am hoping there are others out there that are sticking with the pearl.

I don't send long full emails often so the suretype isn't such a pain to me. Either way I am turning into such an addict, it really is embarrassing. She (my coworker) was asking me a question about how to get out the messenger or something like that and i could tell her what order to push buttons to get to where she wanted with out even looking, lol.
    I'm right there with you--I may upgrade to another Pearl, but the Curve never did appeal to me, and neither does the Bold.
    05-22-08 09:08 AM
    Love Love Love my Pearl. Been a BB user for a couple years now and am amazed at the new stuff I learn about it everyday. Would prefer a Curve or Bold for the larger screen, but I am happy with the sure type. I can pretty much text without looking. LOL! I will probably cross over to the dark side and up grade to the Bold, unless At&t gets a Storm in the near future....but only because I am a total upgrade junkie....always gotta have the newest. But, I must say, I keep going back to my old faithful Pearl time and time again. It's a very convenient device.
    12-17-08 11:48 AM
    The Pearl is a nice device, but being old enough to remember the Kennedy/MLK assasinations may be a reason I too cannot deal with Suretype or T9 or whatever. As it is I often have issues with any keyboard that doesn't have a dedicated numpad.

People bring me their Pearls & I am quick to (jokingly) tell them to get a real phone.

12-18-08 02:51 PM
    My first BB was a Pearl. It's ok once you get used to it but I prefer a full qwerty.
    12-18-08 02:57 PM
    The Pearl is a nice device, but being old enough to remember the Kennedy/MLK assasinations may be a reason I too cannot deal with Suretype or T9 or whatever. As it is I often have issues with any keyboard that doesn't have a dedicated numpad.

People bring me their Pearls & I am quick to (jokingly) tell them to get a real phone.

OK, also old enough to remember the Kennedy/MLK assasinations, and I have NO idea what they have to do with the Pearl.....I also don't understand the "snob" factors that other BB owners have re the Pearl--you don't like them, don't GET them, but my Pearl does everything that most of the other BBs do--so how utterly ridiculous to put someone down because they don't have what you have.
    12-19-08 05:19 PM
    Ridiculous is getting your panties in a bunch over your own device insecurity. You could cure it the way I do - own all of them. Yes, I mean all.

12-20-08 12:19 AM
    I've had my Pearl for just over a year now and I have to say, I love it. I am a techno junkie, and always want the latest/greatest, but for a phone/PDA, the Pearl is the shiznit! I have looked at other BB's, but they all are bigger than I want to have to carry, with the exception of the Storm. Yes, the SureType takes some getting used to, but once used to it I found that I could type out a txt message or email quicker on it than on a full QWERTY. Now, granted, I have done a little editing in the suretype dictionary, but I not a whole lot. One of the things that I had to learn was to NOT look at the screen when typing until AFTER the message was done, then, if need be, go back and edit, but thats very rare that I need to. I also have found that with the OtterBox case, it is a damn near indestructable device!
    12-20-08 06:21 AM
    I say to each his own. If you like the suretype then by all means stick with pearl but if you like a full keyboard then I would suggest the curve !!!!!

12-21-08 03:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD