For those of you VZW customers experiencing the "hard" buttons, i have geat news. I just got off the phone with tech support, and i am thrilled! Not only is our OS update due the 15th of Dec, i was told it would be fixing the hard buttons as well as fixing the home screen icon update bug. Everybody cross your fingers, this could be good!
    11-27-09 09:45 AM
    Interesting, but I am surprised that if a new OS is going official in just over two weeks, that it hasn't been leaked yet.
    11-27-09 09:49 AM
    I have seen the 15th become later and later and later. Lets hope they got it right now. Guess it is in Beta and that could change the date.
    11-27-09 09:51 AM
    Nice I can't wait for it to come out and thanks for sharing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 09:53 AM
    I bet you guys can't wait for this update right. Well for me with the button issue it happens at times but it can get annoying at times.

11-27-09 10:06 AM
    the 15th of 2010 maybe, we all know who good these threads are....

also, is this really a software issue??
    11-27-09 10:07 AM

That's the big question?

11-27-09 10:16 AM
    We really still pay attention to what reps say?
    11-27-09 10:25 AM
    If the button issue was a software issue, why is VZW replacing units as if it were a hardware issue? If the button issue were a software issue it should be affecting every S2 running stock .320. But it isn't.

If there's going to be an official release on 12/15 then, presumably, whatever build that is has been in friendly user testing for weeks. If that were the case I'd be really surprised since we haven't seen a leak. What number/department did you speak with?
    11-27-09 10:33 AM
    We really still pay attention to what reps say?
    Did we ever?
    11-27-09 10:54 AM
    Did we ever?
    Sounds like some people still do..
    11-27-09 10:55 AM
    If the button issue was a software issue, why is VZW replacing units as if it were a hardware issue? If the button issue were a software issue it should be affecting every S2 running stock .320. But it isn't.

If there's going to be an official release on 12/15 then, presumably, whatever build that is has been in friendly user testing for weeks. If that were the case I'd be really surprised since we haven't seen a leak. What number/department did you speak with?
    have you seen 328?? vzw passed it in 2 days tops! no testing practically
    11-27-09 11:03 AM
    For those of you VZW customers experiencing the "hard" buttons, i have geat news. I just got off the phone with tech support, and i am thrilled! Not only is our OS update due the 15th of Dec, i was told it would be fixing the hard buttons as well as fixing the home screen icon update bug. Everybody cross your fingers, this could be good!
    I'd like to think an update would fix the issues I had with the S2, but I think that's not going to happen (intermittent lack of ringing on incoming calls, and simultaneous failure of all voice apps).
    11-27-09 11:10 AM

ive been saying this all along. Its most likely user error yet again with the storm2. They havent realized you have to press the bottom buttons in a certain area and it wont work that great unless your holding it in your hand.
    11-27-09 11:15 AM

The way the buttons were designed were for them to "ignore" presses by anything that was basically not a human touch (example: pants, inside pocket, etc).

The problem is that the cold weather is coming and peoples skin are becoming dry, it won't conduct giving the press technology enough feedback. If you were to wet the tip of your finger very slightly then press the button you would get a perfect click all the time. This is why the problem is random and why some people have no problems where others do.

A software update can fix this, RIM can adjust the threshold to what the main screen is set too. The only problem is if they raise the threshold then there would be a possibility that the buttons will get inadvertently pressed while in your pocket resulting in more "*** calls" to random people.
    11-27-09 11:16 AM
    Rotflmmfao
    11-27-09 11:18 AM
    the stickin buttons are not a software issue so no update will fix them. as for the date, ill believe it when i see it. there is going to be about two three threads a week where people say they talked to someone and they said the update is coming on some date.
    11-27-09 11:19 AM
    the stickin buttons are not a software issue so no update will fix them. as for the date, ill believe it when i see it. there is going to be about two three threads a week where people say they talked to someone and they said the update is coming on some date.
    It may not be a software issue but I bet an adjustment to the software will be able to correct the issue.
    11-27-09 11:32 AM
    I wouldnt bet a penny on a rep's statement
    11-27-09 11:42 AM
    newbiesss
    it seems to be that the new storm owneres dont know about the actuall dates and the ficionaly dates good luck i will keep watching
    11-27-09 12:12 PM
    Once, when i was at band camp, i talked to a verizon rep....................
    11-27-09 12:20 PM
    .... If you were to wet the tip of your finger very slightly then press the button you would get a perfect click all the time....
    Great idea. The wet smudges and streaks on the screen would cause my OCD to flare up and I'd forget about the non-responsive buttons while worrying about cleaning the screen.
    11-27-09 12:22 PM
    I could care less about rumored dates of releases, I care about actual releases.

Statement of the day is:
    Believe half of what you hear, and all of what you see.
    11-27-09 12:27 PM
    Would, be nice, but unless patches says otherwise, I won't believe it
    11-27-09 12:29 PM
    Would, be nice, but unless patches says otherwise, I won't believe it
    I seem to remember him calling BS on the .328 upgrade when everyone else was saying that it was coming.
    11-27-09 12:39 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD