I'm just curious because I don't know if I would look stupid doing it instead of waiting for my upgrade in may llol. So have you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 12:04 AM
    Yup. 3 years ago for my pearl----my first foray into the addicting world of the berry.
    11-27-09 12:08 AM
    If you want it enough then you can do it. Only you can justify it.

11-27-09 12:09 AM
    My sister in law loved my bold so much she went and bought one at full retail. It does happen, but damn, it aint cheap.

11-27-09 12:12 AM
    I haven't yet but I am considering doing so for the 9700 since my upgrade isn't until March, but we shall see. Maybe I can sweet talk a rep or something; at&t seems more firm about stuff like that than VZW is.
    11-27-09 12:16 AM
    You think verizon would let me get the new curve or tour early?

11-27-09 12:17 AM
    ive done it!
    11-27-09 12:19 AM
    You think verizon would let me get the new curve or tour early?

Depends on how early, what kind of plan you have, are you the primary line, recent billing, etc. I just BBM requested you.
    11-27-09 12:23 AM
    I have bought quite a few phones at retail and now regret it. It really just depends on the phone.
    11-27-09 12:25 AM
    My 8900! Full retail price paid and I don't regret it!

11-27-09 12:36 AM
    Never and never will

Pearl - $29.99
    Curve - $69.99
    Bold - Free (brother in law hated it and so did I)
    Curve 8900 - $7.00 (letstalk.com)
    11-27-09 12:41 AM
    Yes. Actually for like the past 2-3 years, I had to buy my new phones at retail because I had a dealer line through T-Mobile, and since there's no contract involved, you get a HUGE discount on the plans and options, but whenever you wanted a new phone, you had to buy it at full retail price.

So I cancelled it and got back on a regular plan. I was tired of spending $2,000+ on phones a year.
    11-27-09 12:45 AM
    @ag: if you want to keep with your *own* carrier then a retail BB is something to consider if your carrier doesn't have it.

11-27-09 12:46 AM
    Bought a Storm2 at GBP384.99. Unlocked and no contract from Vodafone. Using the phone out of the country and don't want to be tied due to relocating. No regrets cos it costs nearly as much in Asia with a contract. And Storm2 is nowhere to be seen in Asia yet!
    11-27-09 01:03 AM
    actually i just purchased my 9700 from t-mobile for full price seeing as how im on there even more plus plan and you have to pay full price for phones on that plan. i had the 8900 before and i also payed full price. so you wont look bad if your buying any blackberry at full price. besides its a blackberry how could you possibly look bad buying one of these god sent devices. you pay for quality and that's exactly what you get.
    11-27-09 01:08 AM
    I had bought my iPhone at full price.
    11-27-09 01:16 AM
    actually i just purchased my 9700 from t-mobile for full price seeing as how im on there even more plus plan and you have to pay full price for phones on that plan. i had the 8900 before and i also payed full price. so you wont look bad if your buying any blackberry at full price. besides its a blackberry how could you possibly look bad buying one of these god sent devices. you pay for quality and that's exactly what you get.
    "godsent" that just rally made me laugh hard llol. it was hilarious the way you put that llol
    11-27-09 01:29 AM
    I did as well, but when I switched to the Even More unlimited plan, I got the mytouch 3G, since I'd thought I give Android a try. I really like it, but I miss my Blackberry, so I might get the 9700 come April or May.
    11-27-09 04:36 AM
    I bought only one phone at full price, my current Bold 9000. Best deal I ever got. I love this phone. All those cheap or free devices could hold a candle to this one.

11-27-09 06:16 AM
    I payed $250.00 for my Tour on eBay, and I had 13 months left in my contract, so waiting for my upgrade wasn't an option I wanted to consider. I called it a deal.
    11-27-09 08:26 AM
    Like my bold but quility are you joking,these phones are crap builds ,quility wise ,no mil.spec. Waterprof r
    3 ft for 30sec ,dust,

11-27-09 08:49 AM
    in my country Carriers don't offer any subsidies; one has to but at full retail price
    11-27-09 10:14 AM
    @ag: if you want to keep with your *own* carrier then a retail BB is something to consider if your carrier doesn't have it.
    Fair enough but I have no intention of ever changing carriers and if there is
    a phone AT&T does not have, I don't want it

I will never, ever, pay full retail for a phone.
    11-27-09 10:41 AM
    I refuse to pay full retail for a BlackBerry...
    11-27-09 10:42 AM
    Bought my Storm at full retail to maintain my contract with Telus.
    11-27-09 10:54 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD