My Tour has bricked/nuked twice now. When I had the Curve I never had a problem with it. Is this a common issue with the Tour? I hate knowing that if I install or uninstall a program the BB may nuke. What's the deal?
    11-26-09 09:43 AM
    What apps did you install prior to it bricking? There have been issues with Viigo bricking BBs, not just Tours but other models. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/avoi...our-bb-362736/
    11-26-09 09:46 AM
    Did you do this loading an OS or it just happened randomly?
    11-26-09 09:56 AM
    By nuke, you mean completely unresponsive after a battery pull? Or it jus freezes until after a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 10:01 AM
    When it boots, are you getting any error messages?

Also after a battery pull, when the red led goes out, press and hold the esc key. You should get message that the device is in safe mode. Hit okay to continue and see if the device will come up. see if the program you removed has left anything. To get out of safe mode, just do a battery pull again.
    11-26-09 10:13 AM
    I was installing Microsoft Bing app when it bricked with the error "reload software 552". The last time it did this I was uninstalling a google app.
    11-26-09 10:15 AM
    I've changed OS's and added hybrids over a dozen times and never once had I had an issue like this.
    11-26-09 10:18 AM
    I've had a nuked Tour twice - once after installing an Empower SMS beta app and another after a simple battery pull. I wish there was a way to backup everything on the Tour (OS and 3rd party apps) on the SD card. When I had a Treo there was a program called NVBackup which would restore a bricked Treo with one push of a button. With BB, even after backing up it's a pain to restore 3rd party soft and having to re-register everything again.
    11-26-09 10:27 AM
    The same thing has happened to me. Bricked my Tour twice in a week. I had my curve for 1 1/2 years with no problem. The worse part was Verizon was no help at all. I called and went in to a store and all they would do was send me a new phone. I came to Crackberry.com, did a search, and within an hour everything was working again. Had to reload the OS and all my apps. My thanks to everyone in the Crackberry community.
    11-26-09 10:31 AM
    The same thing has happened to me. Bricked my Tour twice in a week. I had my curve for 1 1/2 years with no problem. The worse part was Verizon was no help at all. I called and went in to a store and all they would do was send me a new phone. I came to Crackberry.com, did a search, and within an hour everything was working again. Had to reload the OS and all my apps. My thanks to everyone in the Crackberry community.
    Remember- things you find here to recover devices are generally involving 3rd apps to do it. like JLcommander and BBASK. VZW will not suppot these options. If they cannot recvoer a device, their option is to replace it.
    11-26-09 10:50 AM
    All I needed was Desktop Manager and my latest backup.
    11-26-09 11:39 AM
    Bing causes some freezing but that is about it.
    11-26-09 11:50 AM
    how do i fix my tour when it bricks? this is real frustrating..
    11-26-09 12:32 PM
    This is why BB needs to allow apps to run from SD Cards...
    11-26-09 01:22 PM
    how do i fix my tour when it bricks? this is real frustrating..
    Use J_LCommander or BBSAK to wipe the device, then use the loader.exe to load your BB OS, resync to restore your BB data (logs, contacts etc.) and then your 3rd party apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    11-26-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD