So I plugged my storm in to manage some apps and it prompts to to update my operating software. I prompt to do so, it starts, and I leave for a while. When I come back, my BlackBerry has been completely restored to original condition and all my contacts/apps/everything has been erased.

Could anyone help with why this happened and how I could go about restoring my contacts.
    11-26-09 01:27 AM
    First of all, had you done a recent back up? If so then you have an easy fix just plug it back in and do a backup restore.
    If you hadn't done a back up at all than my only suggestion is to start typing. Unless of course you have the contacts on a previous phone. Then you can just transfer those contacts also using your DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:33 AM
    did you unplug it from the computer?
    when you're on mass storage mode... your media card is disabled...
    11-26-09 03:42 AM
    Never unplugged it from the computer and didn't have it on mass storage mode. I do have my old phone with my contacts so that's not a big deal anymore.

I'm more just annoyed with why this would happen and the convenience issue. Does blackberry have a support line/chat that I can contact?
    11-26-09 09:42 AM
    if you have it plugged on the computer... is turns on mass storage mode... unless you changed the setting to not to turn on mass storage mode
    11-26-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD