I keep getting this message and it has a different symbol than a normal message, it has a little yellow globe for its notification. What I get is this:

WAP PUSH ALERT
    URL: https://hcmfe2.iota.spcsdns.net:8088...00Q0&opmid=%3A

I do not know how to get this to stop, I get two or so of these every day, and I believe they are coming from sprint. Any help will be appreciated so that I can resolve this annoying problem.

Thanks
    11-26-09 12:22 AM
    bump...

I have the same question. I searched and read that it is a WAP push message but what is a WAP push message and do I need to see notifications about them???
    12-09-09 02:26 PM
    bump

12-09-09 11:10 PM
    I've never had that happen. What provider are you on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:28 PM
    I am on Sprint. I activated my new tour on Wed and have gotten about four alerts since. Three immediately and one since...
    12-10-09 12:53 PM
    I just switch from an 8330 to the 8530 on sprint and started to get these messages? any one know whta they are or how to stop them?
    12-23-09 09:54 AM
    I just purchased my phone 2 dys ago and received over 10..i read online you are not suppose to click on it..it is spam and it will charge your phone bill 4.00 each time you open it..i typed in google and read where you can change it by going to options browser settings and click no for push browser. every since i did that i haven't had anymore problems..just look for it in google..i also have sprint so maybe it is something on there end..good luck
    12-25-09 03:28 AM
    I was just about to create a thread about this...I too, am receiving these messages. It happens maybe once a day or so. When you click get link all you get is a timed out message. I am on Sprint and activated this phone on Tuesdayish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 09:34 AM
    I have Sprint and am getting the same WAP Push Alert ever since i upgraded to the new BB Curve. I had my old BB for over 2 years with no such alerts. Called Sprint yesterday and they said it was because i had outdated software. I updated my software as instructed (which i didn't think i needed to since the phone is not even a week old). And yet this morning recieved another WAP Push Alert.

Called back today and was given the following instructions. Options, Advanced Options, Browser Push: Uncheck Enable WAP Push and scroll to the bottom and uncheck Allow WAP Push Applications.

Guess we will see if this works! Was told if it doesn't i will need to contact Blackberry for a solution.
    06-08-10 08:06 AM
    I just sold my old Curve 8330 on eBay. Before I shipped it, I wanted to ensure that all of my personal data was wiped. Feeling a little kind, I attempted to upgrade the OS for the buyer (...what a mistake!). During the upgrade process, something got corrupted and I nuked the phone (...talk about freaking out!). Anyway, I was able to install the latest OS version thanks to CrackBerry 101.

All day long, since I had my breakdown and tantrum because of the Curve, I have gotten several WAP Push Alerts with just about the same link as the OP. When I click the link, it says that the server is unable to process. I then sent the link to my PC and it was also unable to process. I eventually called Sprint and talked with a tier 2 tech support and learned what the issue was.

I was told that the [https://hcmfe4.iota.spcsdns.net:8088...00Q0&opmid=%3A] link is a link that was sent to my device by Sprint in an attempt to register or provision the device as the BIS knew that the device was in need of registration. Here's the deal: That "hcmfe" is a special code that is device specific. It does not apply to my Bold, and that is why my Bold could not access the link. That code is from an old 'outdated' server and it is designed for the provisioning of older devices such as my 8330. It is no longer in use. When I connected my 8330 to my DM, DM recognized that the phone needed activation and pushed the link. Unfortunately, since the 8330 was turned off, somehow it managed to get redirected and pushed to my Bold - and it will continue to get pushed until the request is fulfilled. To stop the inbound messages (WAP alerts), I had to reconnect the Bold to DM so that it realized that the Bold is active and is not in need of provisioning. I was told that if that didn't work and the messages persisted, then it is recommended that I uninstall and re-install DM, and then reconnect my Bold.

I was also told that WAP alerts only come from Sprint, RIM or other parties that they may authorize to send you these alerts. Nothing malicious or harmful to worry about!

I simply reconnected my Bold and now it's been 4 hours and the alerts seem to have stopped. Problem solved!
    07-10-10 08:56 PM
    I to am having getting this exact same problem after switching from a old 8330 curve to a tour. What exactly did you do to fix this problem? What is "DM"? you said to hook it back up to dm? Device Manager? This is annoying and would love to make it stop!!
    Thanx ahead of time!
    Scott
    08-26-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD