Any knowledge if a powermat reciever battery door for the storm in the future? Has anyone used this device either?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:43 PM
    Nope not making one. Even though a storm is pictured in some of there adds they had out

11-26-09 09:55 AM
    that is such a let down...i love the idea of it.

I shot them an email about a storm receiveer..and they said you can just use the power cube...I really don't get the whole concept of the powercubes..cause u still have to pplug the cube into the device..doesn't make it any more convenient that plugging it into a reg. charger
    Last edited by chetman7; 11-26-09 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added
    11-26-09 01:50 PM
    Can anyone else verify this that seems awful odd to not make recievers for more devices. To make the product mainstream and. Popular

11-27-09 11:12 AM
    That thing is overpriced

11-28-09 09:13 AM
    That thing is overpriced

Bed bath and beyond carrys them. if you receive their 20% coupons you can save some money
    11-28-09 12:21 PM
    I would imagine through building the brand of it price would come down and if they had more recievers then just 5 or 6 that they do.
    12-06-09 06:54 AM
    Love the concept though. Aren't there more options since CES?
    01-17-10 07:23 PM
    Seen a CES vid where they are just making batteries that are capatible with the mat so you can utilize ur oem battery door and skin/case

01-17-10 07:42 PM
    Seen a CES vid where they are just making batteries that are capatible with the mat so you can utilize ur oem battery door and skin/case

x2 saw that myself too.
    01-22-10 12:11 PM
    The Powermat is getting some pretty bad reviews on Amazon. Sounds like a good idea but I'll be sticking to my cord for a while.
    01-22-10 12:18 PM
    Aren't most of the bad reviews complaining about cost, bulk and incompatibility issues? It is after all still a fairly new concept to the general public. Cost is bound to be an issue, but with time the prices should fall. The bulk will be solved by charging circuitry built right into the batteries themselves making the adapters redundant. As with all new tech, early adopters pay a premium to essentially test-drive products which are not 100% streamlined for mainstream use. I'm sure all the kinks will be ironed out eventually and their CES exhibit showed a lot of potential.
    01-22-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD