I have been searching around online, not sure if anyone else is having this problem. The camera on my Blackberry Tour (sprint) is SUPER SLOW I mean unless I am taking a still life I cant snap a picture. Are there any updates or fixes?

Thanks

Lisbeth
    11-25-09 01:37 PM
    Unfortunately not .... auto flash and image stabilization slows it down quite a bit.
    11-25-09 04:01 PM
    Yes it would be nice if it was faster. But then again, I don't expect Canon to make a great cell phone, so why would RIM make the perfect digital camera. I'm just kidding. (Kind of.)

I have quite a few blurry shots of the side of my daughter's head...

Anyway, it's still faster than some mobile phones' cameras.
    But again, you're buying a BB for its core competencies, not the camera quality. The fact that's it's as good as it is—3.2mp, autoflash, autofocus!, video w light—is all a bonus for me!
    11-25-09 09:16 PM
    Yes it would be nice if it was faster. But then again, I don't expect Canon to make a great cell phone, so why would RIM make the perfect digital camera. I'm just kidding. (Kind of.)

I have quite a few blurry shots of the side of my daughter's head...

Anyway, it's still faster than some mobile phones' cameras.
    But again, you're buying a BB for its core competencies, not the camera quality. The fact that's it's as good as it is�3.2mp, autoflash, autofocus!, video w light�is all a bonus for me!
    They can make a better camera, it is on the Bold 2. The Samsung Instinct 2 and the soon to be released Experia X10 have amazing cameras that perform as good as a stand alone camera. Extra features like this will sway your decision regarding a phone or even a carrier. I would prefer to have a phone that takes great pictures, that way I am always prepared and do not have to wrry about my camera.
    11-26-09 12:14 PM
    Remember, Samsung and Sony are companies that specialize in cameras as well.

I didn't realize the 9700 had a different camera than the Tour. Isn't it the same? Now I'm curious: how is it different?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 05:41 PM
    Remember, Samsung and Sony are companies that specialize in cameras as well.

I didn't realize the 9700 had a different camera than the Tour. Isn't it the same? Now I'm curious: how is it different?

Hmmm im curious too ...... both 3.2 mp wonder how they can be different.
    11-26-09 06:23 PM
    They can make a better camera, it is on the Bold 2. The Samsung Instinct 2 and the soon to be released Experia X10 have amazing cameras that perform as good as a stand alone camera. Extra features like this will sway your decision regarding a phone or even a carrier. I would prefer to have a phone that takes great pictures, that way I am always prepared and do not have to wrry about my camera.

I agree cell phones are becoming more sophisticated and while we all carry our cell phones around not many of us strap on a camera as well. Having a camera that can snap off a quick picture is important to me and for some business people as well.

Thanks

Lisbeth
    11-28-09 09:50 PM
    The 3.2 mp camera on my Curve was very fast, but the camera on the Tour takes forever to snap a pic because that autofocus "box" takes forever. I wish that "feature" could be turned off. I tried over and over to take pics at Thanksgiving, and by the time it snapped a pic, the subject had looked away. Very frustrating. It's really only good for still shots of scenery, etc.

11-29-09 09:57 AM
    The 3.2 mp camera on my Curve was very fast, but the camera on the Tour takes forever to snap a pic because that autofocus "box" takes forever. I wish that "feature" could be turned off. I tried over and over to take pics at Thanksgiving, and by the time it snapped a pic, the subject had looked away. Very frustrating. It's really only good for still shots of scenery, etc.

It looks like you can disable that feature by turning autofocus and image stabilization off, have you tried that? It'll work if you have steady hands, but is there any way to disable the sound? The shutter click annoys me to no end

11-29-09 11:17 AM
    Well, in .61 it allows me to turn off image stabilization but not auto focus, and it's the auto focus that creates the "box" in the middle of the screen that causes the 3-4 second delay.

11-29-09 07:43 PM
    For a silent shutter google for cameramuteapp
    11-29-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD