View Poll Results: Satisfaction Level with Storm2 Owners

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Satisfied - you are very happy, nothing but a few minor issues.

154 84.62%
  • Somewhat Satisfied - you like it but find there are a few things that should be better

18 9.89%
  • Somewhat Dissatisfied - there are enough problems with it that you contemplate returning it

5 2.75%
  • Very Dissatisfied - you find the issues with it too much and you are going with another phone

5 2.75%
    THIS thread prompted me to do this poll. I believe that we tend to hear lots of the complaints that arise with the Storm2, but hear little from those that are happy with it.

I am curious to see what the satisfaction level really is.

Please note: This poll is intended only for those who have purchased the Storm2.

I am completely happy with everything. My only wish is the browser was faster.
    Last edited by BearLeeAlive; 11-25-09 at 10:59 AM.
    11-25-09 10:28 AM
    I'm completely happy with mine. Only a couple minor issues like the screen protector making the bottom keys a little hard to click sometimes (normally they work fine). I wouldn't trade it back for my Curve 8330 or any other current phone.
    11-25-09 10:37 AM
    I absolutely love my S2. I came from the Tour and had many issues with it. The Tour had been my first BB and had really left a bad taste in my mouth. Verizon was great and told me for my troubles they would switch me to the S2 at no cost to me. I was very hesitant at first because of the touch screen yet its the best phone I've ever owned. It does everything I need it to and then some. I don't think I'll ever go back to a keyboard type phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 10:40 AM
    Loving mine.
    11-25-09 10:45 AM
    Loving mine. My only issue is that sometimes while navigating the menus or on websites it's hard to select certain "buttons" on screen due to their size.
    Overall, it's my favorite phone ever. I had an 8330 and 9630 previously.
    11-25-09 10:56 AM
    love it! no regrets!
    11-25-09 10:58 AM
    I find all of these polls kinda flawed since it depends on what you had previously.

It makes a huge difference if you came from a storm 1 running OS 5 on how you view the Storm 2 i think.

that should be a poll on its own really

EDIT: the post below is exactly what i am talking about!
    Last edited by howarmat; 11-25-09 at 11:05 AM.
    11-25-09 11:02 AM
    To be honest I am returning my S2 today to Verizon, not because I wasn't satisfied with it, because i want to try out the Droid before my 30 days is over(yes i know 100 people have posted threads about this). Im doing this return solely to try something new!

I have been with my BB storm 1 almost since launch (.75 days), upgraded to every leak that came out, and the hybrids, spent countless of hours here on crackberry and as much as i loved the storm 1 even with all of its quirks the S2 doesnt wow me like the S1 did.

I voted somewhat satisfied for these reasons
    -OS is older than my S1 OS, yeah i know a leak will be out sometime soon but im tired of waiting for leak after leak to fix some basic functions.
    -Applications: After almost a year of owning the S1 and a few weeks on the S2, the amount of USEFUL applications that utilize the storms features is still very limited. (this is a major reason for the jump)
    -To be honest the jump from the S1 to S2 is very little, i already knew there wasn't much new in it, other than the refined screen and wi-fi. Kind of disappointing to be waiting on a phone that should of been more of a Storm 1.5 or so.
    -Vibrate on this this is really anoying and loud, and the LED light doesn't look right.
    -After all of this time the browser still completely sucks

Other than these few issues, i love the storm, texting in it is a charm, pictures are great, and the few apps that do take advantage of it are nice.

I have a feeling that i will return the Droid before my 30 days is over because i wont want to let go of my BB, but we will see.
    11-25-09 11:03 AM
    Love the phone. On rare occasion the buttons do get "locked" however, I've noticed that this seems to happen when the phone is flat. Since you don't really use a phone while it is sitting flat it hasn't been a real big issue to me. Hopefully it is software fixable. If not, I'll keep an eye on it...that's what warranties are for.
    11-25-09 11:08 AM
    I find all of these polls kinda flawed since it depends on what you had previously.
    I agree, unless you can set up a poll with numerous questions, there will always be situations or circumstances that negate the accuracy of the poll for some people.

My intention was just to get an overall view, and if some folks feel they really can't vote accurately it is still good to hear their story.
    11-25-09 11:18 AM
    Coming from ATT and having a Curve and Bold. I am very satisfied with the S2 and Verizon !
    11-25-09 11:18 AM
    Very Happy with my S2. Just have a few minor issues with send/answer key and back buttons not responding at times. Overall very nice and a lot better than first one!!
    11-25-09 11:22 AM
    Very satisfied here!
    11-25-09 11:25 AM
    Well I'm with verizon for a year so far my previous phone was the storm 1 now I have storm 2 very great phone and major improvement over the 1st one.

11-25-09 11:26 AM
    I was upgrading from curve...I tried the droid first and returned after a week and 2 replacements. I tried the Tour next and went thru 1 replacement and couldn't decide what to do so decided to try s2 before my 30 days are up. Only a couple days with this, but am so far liking it better than the previous two. As of the 1st of Dec I have 1 wk left on my 30 days and will make my final decision btwn this or tour...I can say thouth, that this won't go back...well, I need to see if my hard to press send key gets better, but other than that I'm amazingly happy with it!

11-25-09 11:30 AM
    I love mine. My only "complaint" is that apps don't update on the home screen. (Weatherbug) No big deal, updates will fix it.
    11-25-09 11:32 AM
    i love my S2 and I came from the S1 with the latest updated software. I am more addicted to my S2 than I was with the first Storm. I have no major issues...its all good for me.
    11-25-09 11:40 AM
    was originally going to give the OP some grief over starting yet another poll but see that he is new so I will give him a break.

Why do people keep saying a bunch of people are having issues with it?

I don't see that when I log into this forum. We have left all the droid nonsense behind us and most of the threads that are popping up are from people just looking for answers or help.

So yes one last time the Storm 2 is a great Blackberry and yes most are satisfied with it.

I came from the 9530 with 5.0 on it an yes the phone was running great.

I love the Storm 2 I have my memory down to around 92 on startup an the thing is running like a top and I just keep piling more applications on.

If I had half of this stuff on the 9530 and running most of the time, it would have jumped off the nearest cliff.

So yes the Storm 2 is a major improvement over the Storm 1 if only for the increased app memory.

Want more proof check out the interview with Fabian Heuwieser a pretty good app developer and check out which Berry is his daily driver.

Interview with Fabian Heuwieser, BlackBerry App Developer | CrackBerry.com
    11-25-09 11:53 AM
    Very Satisfied if I could I'd have sex with it..... (last phone was a ORIGINAL Motorola Q)
    11-25-09 12:26 PM
    I'm very happy with mine. I wished WeatherBug updated but other than that no issues that I noticed. I had a Pearl and had the Droid for a couple days and returned it and got the Storm.
    11-25-09 12:44 PM
    For those happy with the S2....how satisfied are you with voice quality?...including how satisfied are the people you call? I have tested in the Verizon store by leavig voice mail and it seems a bit muffled...not as bad a tour..but??? thanks
    11-25-09 12:47 PM
    I love the S2. With Opera Mini 5 beta, I have virtually no browsing complaints. Typing is awesome, Wi-Fi potion is great, 2x the memory...I just love this thing...I had the chance to go the DRIOD route, but it isn't a world phone, which is a must with my work. The screen protector from VW that I purchased doesn't cover up any buttons for me. Love it, love it, love it...
    11-25-09 12:54 PM
    was originally going to give the OP some grief over starting yet another poll but see that he is new so I will give him a break.
    Thank you for your kindness.

Before I upgraded my phone I knew from what I had heard that a BB would likely suit me best. I am not much on games, and really only want the business aspect of a phone, combined with the ability to show and share photos on it. I thought with the S2 being announced it would be the way to go.

Here in Canada I had to wait until last Thursday to get the first one released. Because it was released on Verizon in the US long before here, I started to read about it on here and saw where people were having lots of issues, swapping units a bunch of times, going to another phone, etc.

Much of what I read was rather disheartening. These negative issues stood out way more prevalently then any posts promoting the merits of the phone.

Not until I went into the store and played with it, and a few other smartphones, did I realize that regardless of what I read, I really wanted the S2 to work for me, and went ahead and made the plunge. I am glad I did.
    11-25-09 12:57 PM
    With Opera Mini 5 beta, I have virtually no browsing complaints.
    I will have to give that a try. I had a version of Opera on my HTC Diamond Touch, and quite liked it.
    11-25-09 12:59 PM
    Love it! Very happy with it so far
    11-25-09 01:05 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD