I am about to upgrade to a Droid...someone told me you can actually charge the price of the phone to your next months bill...is this true?
    11-25-09 08:03 AM
    I never heard of such a thing... Verizon Reps where you at?...
    11-25-09 08:05 AM
    Nor have I thats why I was like HUH
    11-25-09 08:06 AM
    I am about to upgrade to a Droid...someone told me you can actually charge the price of the phone to your next months bill...is this true?
    Most accounts you apply up to a $250 charge to the account to be paid the next month. Some others get more while others get none. All depends on payment and credit history.
    11-25-09 08:09 AM
    Yes. All depends on account history. Maximum bill to account balance of $250, and your account has to have been in good standing for the past 6 months.

Must have service for six months.

The system restriction does not apply to business account with an ECPD (Enterprise Customer Profile Database) ID.

Standard credit check applies for add-ons.

Cannot exceed an amount greater than $24.99 in the 30 day or greater past due buckets.

System check for related past-due accounts based on SSN (Social Security Number) and account number with same Customer ID.

No non-payment hotlines, fraud hotlines or suspends (at time of BTA request or within the past six months).

Includes related non-payment disconnects, fraud disconnects or write-off accounts that are outstanding.

Cash only accounts (currently or in the past six months) and customers who have a security deposit are not eligible for the BTA payment option.
    Last edited by Krynj; 11-25-09 at 08:15 AM.
    11-25-09 08:12 AM
    If you're eligible for account charge, it can work out really well. Often you'll have the rebate back before the bill comes it.. just have to time it right.

fyi: if the account is coded as not eligible, no need to argue. There's no changing it.
    Last edited by nc.breezygirl; 11-26-09 at 01:14 AM. Reason: left out info
    11-26-09 01:13 AM
    Its $250 per line. If you have three lines you can bill $750 to the account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:37 AM
    I never heard of such a thing... Verizon Reps where you at?...
    I have never paid for a phone up front - always on the next bill - and I don't get subsidized phones, which means I go far above the $250 for a single phone.

The folks above make good points about a $250 limit - I do not doubt that - but there is some movement, depending on your account, credit, or whatever. Business is exempt, but not all of my accounts are coded as business.

Sprint & AT&T have both told me - unlimited credit on their accounts. VZW has never made such a statement, but they have never turned me down, either.
    11-26-09 02:35 AM
    For the typical consumer, the eligibility is that which others have mentioned, if a customer has different exceptions, its usually dealt with by different groups...
    11-26-09 03:23 AM
    Will keep this in mind when i get a new phone, Thanks all!
    11-27-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD