What do you think? So far seems pretty good to me, I like how you can choose what info you want to view on each item, rather than automatically loading everything with every item you view. Also, seems like it uses push notifications? I could be wrong..... but it says that it will notify you of items ending soon, outbid alerts etc. but the app does not run in the background.

I will be playing with it for the next couple of days to see how it performs, but so far so good.
    11-25-09 08:02 AM
    Had a quick play with it this morning. Looks pretty nice. Seems quite fast as well and very easy to use, very clean looking as well. Yes I believe it does use Push notifications, which is also very nice to have.
    11-25-09 08:05 AM
    Def. going to have to try this. Will be nice to have this.
    11-25-09 08:06 AM
    Well it looks like when you try and sign in via the app, it requires you to append the Security Key Code to the PW (if you use an Ebay/Paypal Key), whereas on the web, you can just enter the PW and it will query you back for the Security Key Code. This limits the functionality a bit, but that is not really different too much than having to deal in this way with the Security Key on the web....

I wish I could have two ebay/paypal tokens active at one time. The physical key my wife can keep at home and then I could load the virtual key/app on my BB. Given that I use the timeout/security code on my BB, I can use the "keep me logged in for 2 weeks on this computer" thing, but since I periodically do a QP, this doesn't mean agreat deal.

I am very much looking forward to giving this app a full workout.....

Some more thoughts.....

Even without being signed in, I did play around some.

1) Response time seems quite fast. I think I may even be able to get
    better response time via VZW's data network than on my 3mb DSL from VZW at home. Nice.

2) Ability to add item to the BB calendar is awesome. By default, when you add an item to your calendar, it puts it in based on time left according to your BB time/calendar, with your default calendar reminder time setting. This function is very very nice.

Things I see off-hand that I would love to see added some day (or maybe they are not options since I am not yet logged in):

1) I am getting a javascript error (javascript not supported by your browser). But that's a BB thing and not the app per se.

2) I would love when you are viewing an item to be able to click on and see (as you would be able on the web) the seller's info, About Me info, etc.

3) I would love to have the ability from the app to be able to "ask seller a question" and "See seller's other items", etc....

All in all, a great start. Look forward to seeing how the beta shapes going forward.......
    11-25-09 09:01 AM
    I'm gutted I can't download this in the uk. We miss out on all the best apps. Where is the love?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 09:08 AM
    im in the US and its telling me not available for my verizon tour 9630???? any ideas???

11-25-09 09:12 AM
    This app doesn't support PayPal to make Immediate Payments or Buy It Now when PayPal is the only option. I don't know if it'll work on bid items since I don't fool around with bids very often.

I'm rather disappointed on that front, since that means it's not much better than eBay Mobile itself. It's just a fancier interface.
    11-26-09 04:55 AM
    Keep in mind that this work only for US and Canada, for EU users it is useless.
    11-26-09 05:39 AM
    Keep in mind that this work only for US and Canada, for EU users it is useless.
    I'm not defending it, but the reason is that it currently only supports the USA and Canada sites.
    11-26-09 06:23 AM
    im in the US and its telling me not available for my verizon tour 9630???? any ideas???

That's odd, but I came across a similar experience with Speedtest. I had it on my Sprint Tour, did a device wipe, then tried to redownload it and it said it wasn't available for my device.
    11-26-09 06:24 AM
    Here's what the push notification looks like. Click on the msg and it opens the item in the app. Not bad!

11-26-09 07:51 AM
    I just downloaded it and installed on my Tour just fine.
    11-26-09 12:16 PM
    Hmm, any way for us non-App World folks to get it? (App World doesn't work on my phone)

11-26-09 01:54 PM
    11-26-09 02:36 PM
    Interesting point which is good and bad.
    To my surprise, when I do a reboot/QP, I stay logged in to Ebay. I assumed it would break that connection, so to speak. Nice. But on the otherhand, maybe not as nice from a security standpoint if one were to lose their BB. I use the Blackberry security code/lock so I am ok, but if you lost your BB and it was logged into Ebay, perhaps someone would have access to your ebay account. I also assume that after a certain period of time, it would auto logout.

One improvement I would suggest.....to sign out of ebay, you have to hit the BB Menu button, select options, then scroll to select signout. I would like to see the signout function right at the the top level when you hit the BB Menu key.
    11-27-09 07:56 AM
    I am really loving it and I love the reminders! But on my PC I can track my packages in My Ebay. Doesn't seem like you can do it here! I have won two auctions this weekend so I've been testing it out! Though I've actually been bidding on the PC. Long time coming!
    11-30-09 02:51 PM
    not as good as it can be.... you cannot see items you are selling in my ebay. a bunch of other small things makes it substandard. I tried it out and had to get rig of it.

dennis
    11-30-09 04:02 PM
    Is anyone running this on OS 5?
    11-30-09 06:08 PM
    On a side note, I can't stand eBay anymore. I used to use it multiple times a month to sell things. Now the fees have nearly quadrupled and it's hard to make a decent profit on there anymore. I sold a 32gig Ipod touch (third gen) on there for $290 a month ago and I had to pay ebay nearly 20 bux in fees for it. PLUS paypal takes their $5 when transferring the money to your bank account.

So that's $25 I had to pay them to sell a touch on their site. That's bull$hit if you ask me.

/end rant lol
    11-30-09 06:54 PM
    I love it , think it took long enough and I know it can only get better from here with updates and such so I'm pretty satisfied !!

12-01-09 04:03 AM
    I won an auction on it for my wife over the weekend. Very nice. I too love the reminders, but that is a double up for me since I have ebay set to email me reminders, etc. I looooooove being able to add an auction to my calendar.

We don't rely on the app, but it is perfect if we are not at home and really want to try and bid on something or check out watch list, etc.....
    12-01-09 07:43 AM
    I like the app but hate two things about it. 1. you cannot see the items your selling and 2. you can't view your messages!
    12-02-09 10:50 AM
    bump...............
    12-04-09 12:48 AM
    .......you cannot see items you are selling in my ebay.........
    I like the app but hate two things about it. 1. you cannot see the items your selling.......
    I have to believe they will update this app with native tracking of seller items. However, in the short term, a "work around" is to add yourself as a "favorite seller". Then you can select yourself and see the items you are selling.

Does anyone know if you will still at least get notifications for items you are selling the way you get notifications if you are outbid or won an item?
    12-04-09 07:27 AM
    bump...............
    What are you bumping? Do you have a question?
    12-05-09 11:13 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD