Hey guys just wondering if anyone has picked up a Canadian Storm 2 provided by Telus and if there are the same problems happening as the ones from Verizon and AT&T...
    Or has Telus released a "fixed" version...?
    Thanks
    11-24-09 08:32 PM
    what problems are you looking at. Also AT&T did not released the storm 2.
    11-24-09 08:45 PM
    I would assume that it does not matter who the carrier is. The manufacturers make the phone, and ship it out. I dont think there is anything special done to the ones for VZW.. Except maybe the network bands..
    11-24-09 08:58 PM
    mine works great, had it since saturday, though the battery life seems not that great...
    11-24-09 09:06 PM
    Mine is great! although it is from the big red. Battery issues are all due to the user. Are your apps closed? how much are you using it? is it in sleep when you are not?
    11-24-09 09:08 PM
    Anyone have problems with the 4 keys at the bottom as reported by some Verizon units?
    11-24-09 09:14 PM
    Ok cool, so far it just minor battery issues, and no button/touch problems yet... put up anymore problems if you encounter them!!
    11-24-09 10:35 PM
    I've had two Storm2's from Telus now.

First one: within 24 hours the speaker stopped functioning, no sounds, movies or music would play back externally, vibrate weak and loud, no point in vibrate if it just makes a loud sound and you can't feel it. led light is shifted off to the side so not as bright, if you look at it at a sharp angle looks fine. battery door at top back is loose

second one: works ok so far, screen not as hard to press, feels better in my hand, battery door not loose, same LED issue, same vibrate issue, so far working fine....

I don't know, i've seen lot of posts about vibrate issues, and I'm wondering if I should just exchange for a Telus 9700.
    11-24-09 10:45 PM
    So I was just reading up on Telus' website and the Storm 2 is CDMA which is NOT 3G?
    I assume this because I looked at the BOLD 9700 and it runs on the new HSPA network.
    They have a seperate tab for smartphones that are "3G+" and run on their new HSPA network... am I correct with all this?
    11-24-09 10:58 PM
    Cdma 3g exists. Its called 1xev

Storm 1 and 2 and tour uses rev a
    Check out wikipedia

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 11:20 PM
    Mine is great! although it is from the big red. Battery issues are all due to the user. Are your apps closed? how much are you using it? is it in sleep when you are not?
    Disagreed. The battery issues on the storm2 are due to the sfi, that has been noted to have craptastic battery life. You can only close but so many problems before you're left with nothing but the basic phone functions.

Hopefully it'll be resolved sometime before the next revision of the storm gets released. lol.
    11-24-09 11:38 PM
    What OS version is the Telus 9550 running?
    11-24-09 11:38 PM
    9550/5.0.0.320

Damn...now I'm getting the back button issue that everyone has been talking about. My back button intermittently won't click...just solid as if the phone was off. But if I keep trying it works.

Man I love this phone but I don't want to go through all the troubles again like s1

11-24-09 11:43 PM
    Just picked mine up yesterday after having had the Storm1 for a year. Had the .328 on the Storm1 and its the same OS on the Storm2 I picked up. Have had an issue with my browser which I never had before but it might just be a matter of a battery pull, which I have not done to this point. Same apps I had before and they all run fine.
    11-24-09 11:45 PM
    Is your vibrate really loud?
    11-24-09 11:50 PM
    I just picked up two 9550's to replace our 9530's.
    Its not a big difference, but enough to make it a better unit.
    Vibrates are loud and more powerful than S1, but not as powerful as some where making them out to be.
    11-25-09 12:03 AM
    Is your vibrate really loud?
    From what I hear, and feel, the storm2's vibration isn't coming from a dedicated vib motor, but from the piezo buttons acting as buzzers. Its gonna be loud.

11-25-09 01:24 AM
    my vibrate is fine, but like said before, poor battery life is not the users fault in this situation, i close all apps and anything i open, im sued to this because of the storm 1 and laggyness.....so everything is closed, as for use, i work all day as a mechanic in the military, so from 6 am to 4pm, it hardly ever get touched, then by 7 or 8 pm, its in the red.
    11-25-09 05:40 AM
    I have had mine for 5 days now, and have absolutely no issues with it at all. I have never done a battery pull, heck I have never turned it off. Once I learned to close programs instead of hitting the return button, my battery lasts all day with moderate usage and still has plenty reserve. Right now my phone has not been on a charge for 21 hours and shows 2.5/5 bars remaining. I do put it in bedside mode at night.

I am very pleased with the choice I made to go with the Storm2 as my first BB unit. I just love the way email and messaging is handled. And the touch screen is miles better then any other one I have had, or even tried.
    Last edited by BearLeeAlive; 11-25-09 at 06:22 AM.
    11-25-09 06:09 AM
    I've had the S2 since Friday and the biggest issues are battery and my call button doesn't work. Oh well, going to get it switched ASAP...
    11-25-09 08:04 AM
    No trouble here. All's well!
    11-25-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD