So I bought a full gold housing off the internet and I didn't have much trouble unscrewing everything and installing everything properly. When I booted it back up everything seemed to work fine, but when i tried calling or playing a song, no sound came out. So it seems like I can't hear anything out of my speakers of the phone. When I called my friend he said that I was heard on his line, but I just couldnt here him. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this problem or any ideas? I'm in quite a dilemma right now :S

any help would be nice!
    thanks
    11-24-09 07:32 PM
    does the loudspeaker work, like if you hit the $ button while in a phone call? housing swaps usually need the foam around the earpiece in order to route the sound through the speaker grille. if you didnt reuse or replace the foam surrounding it, its gonna be an extremely low volume.
    11-24-09 11:24 PM
    Oh, maybe thats the issue. And even more worse news, I woke up this morning and I had no reception anywhere. I got a bar or 2 max in very good areas, but most of the time I'm getting no reception. Any help?
    11-25-09 12:56 PM
    theres a thin wire that runs the length of the phone. i think thats the antenna wire and could be effected by the housing replacement. did you mess with that?
    11-25-09 05:33 PM
    Oh man, this sounds like scary stuff :S
    Im scared to black out my BB now...
    11-25-09 06:00 PM
    Sounds like u never took off the bottom antenna piece from ur original midplate? And also did u manage to take the flash off and the piece underneath it? I think that has something to do with the speaker? Make sure the contacts are lined up correctly on that?
    11-25-09 06:28 PM
    Had problems myself when I changed the housing.
    I ordered 2 new speakers but now they sound really low on volume..

But I think in your case, be sure everything is set over from the old housing.
    11-27-09 06:07 AM
    I am also having the same issue- just changed my housing out and it looks amazing (pink) however my ringtones will not play- i can still use the phone and hear callers as well as hear sound through speakerphone (i.e. ringtones, etc.) but i cannot assign rintones and hear them. Any suggestions to solove this issue as I have now voided my warranty.
    04-26-10 10:57 AM
    when I changed my housing my speaker sounded blown and it crackled.
    So I did a full wipe and reinstalled the OS and it works flawlessly and the speaker sounds perfect, maybe its something to do with the drivers(Just Speculating though)
    OS reinstall seem to do the trick for me though.
    04-26-10 04:23 PM
    sounds like you havnt put the antenna sticker thingys and the speaker on your new chassis. Anyone know where i can get those antenna stickers from?
    04-27-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD