I'm looking into upgrading because I want the 9700 and I only have 11 months left on my contract with my amazing plan & my curve 8330.

Currently I have this:

Rate Plan:
    Talk a Lot 30

Added Services:
    Unlt'd Personal Email & IM 15
    3YR Bonus Business Bundle 7
    Business Bundle 7
    Loy 5 Favourite No Can $15-1yr
    Nationwide 10
    Favourite No. Nationwide-1yr
    Unlimited Messaging

I went 90 days back on my usages:

Data Usage - 439639 Kilobytes
    Text Messages - 1711 Messages
    Wireless Web Browser - 1 wwb

I don't know what the wwb thing is, but I'm sure I've used my browser more than once... ?

My Airtime Usage - Out of 150 mins, I have 107 leftover because of my myfaves thingy....

Any reccommendations on what kind of plan would benefit me in the upgrade. I don't want to risk going over my plan usages because I can't afford to see $300 suprises!

My current plan is approx. $90ish, so in that range would be awesome!

[I'm also supposed to have 100 long distance minutes that was recently added, but I don't see them there?]
    11-24-09 07:09 PM
    My plan on the new network is $70 a month with unlimited text, and caller id added. I have the 1GB BB plan and it comes with voicemail. 200 minutes I believe.
    11-24-09 11:52 PM
    What the plan called? Is it on the new network?
    With my usages, do you think I'd go over that?
    11-25-09 09:56 AM
    Is a 'new' phone really worth all the extras that you will lose for a higher rate?

With all the posts of crappy rate plans and horrible customer appreciation, why would someone want on the new network? I'm hoping that after a year or so, they (Telus) will chill out a little and budge on there current 'STICK IT TO'EM AND PAY FOR OUR NEW NETWORK' policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 10:17 AM
    My plan on the new network is $70 a month with unlimited text, and caller id added. I have the 1GB BB plan and it comes with voicemail. 200 minutes I believe.
    All the new Telus rate plans are posted on the Telus mobility web site.
    The minimum/cheapest plan is $50.00, which has 500 mb of data per month. You almost used that much data last month. Dig out more bills and see if that's how much you use on average.

If you go to the website, they are called 'Clear Choice' plans.
    11-25-09 10:42 PM
    All the new Telus rate plans are posted on the Telus mobility web site.
    The minimum/cheapest plan is $50.00, which has 500 mb of data per month. You almost used that much data last month. Dig out more bills and see if that's how much you use on average.

If you go to the website, they are called 'Clear Choice' plans.
    Edit: I meant to quote post #3 by misskae. This was intended for her.
    I'm still getting used to my iPhone
    11-25-09 10:47 PM
    OMG!!! You're happy paying $70 to $90 a month for just that?! Wow... no offense, but this is the EXACT reason why North American Telcoms are getting away with highway robbery / murder.

I pay $40 + SAF & tax for:
    - UNLIMITED Data / Email / Text msgs
    - 250 anytime mins
    - Unlimited nights and weekends
    - Call display, waiting, conference
    - Voicemail (up to 10 msgs)
    ... + im sure there's a feature or two i am privy to that i don't use.

Seriously? $90/month for less? . . . and the only selling point is: "After 15 years we've upgraded our service to give you better call quality and data speed".
    ...Yeah. They're keeping up with the times/technology, take and take from the customer, and charge you more... ??? Good thing im in marketing... you all give me hope for the swamp-land in Florida im selling.
    11-26-09 05:14 PM
    Actually today Telus just came out with some new blackberry plans... Not sure if they'll work for you but check them out anyway. Plans for BlackBerry® | Plans | TELUS Mobility
    11-26-09 07:07 PM
    Actually today Telus just came out with some new blackberry plans... Not sure if they'll work for you but check them out anyway. Plans for BlackBerry® �*|�* Plans�*|�* TELUS Mobility[/url]
    Do you think they will have any more for the Holiday season?
    11-26-09 10:47 PM
    I checked their rate plans last night. They changed the my fave five slightly by extending unlimited NATIONAL talk and text to the $50.00 plan. It was unlimited LOCAL on that plan, so they bumped it up slightly.
    11-27-09 05:08 AM
    I checked their rate plans last night. They changed the my fave five slightly by extending unlimited NATIONAL talk and text to the $50.00 plan. It was unlimited LOCAL on that plan, so they bumped it up slightly.
    Cool. My buddy signed up last week on the $50 plan, do you thing this change from local to national will apply to him or is he stuck with the old local wording?

11-27-09 12:59 PM
    Cool. My buddy signed up last week on the $50 plan, do you thing this change from local to national will apply to him or is he stuck with the old local wording?

I don't know, but I am definitely going to try and get mine changed. I signed my new plan the day before they changed it.
    11-27-09 01:14 PM
    DaveInVan:
    I just went to the store where I bought the phone. He called up Telus and they were able to change it for me. My fave 5 is now unlimited national talk and text, same as the currently published new activation plan.

Tell your friend to try, they must have some kind of grace period to make changes.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-27-09 at 05:25 PM.
    11-27-09 05:14 PM
    I called Telus tonight and they were talking about the new rate plans for the storm2 which is CDMA and wouldn't even benefit from the new faster speeds. I told him no way.
    11-27-09 11:26 PM
    DaveInVan:
    I just went to the store where I bought the phone. He called up Telus and they were able to change it for me. My fave 5 is now unlimited national talk and text, same as the currently published new activation plan.

Tell your friend to try, they must have some kind of grace period to make changes.
    LazyStarGazer: thanks again for the tip, my buddy called Telus today and they changed his Fav 5 from local to national.
    Last edited by DaveInVan; 11-29-09 at 02:40 AM.
    11-28-09 03:43 AM
    Student Blackberry 50:
    200 anytime minutes
    Unlimited nationwide talk and text to 10 favorite numbers
    Free weekends and evenings starting at 6
    Unlimited data (browser, BBM, Email, etc.)

$50/month + tax
    03-11-10 07:26 PM
    Where did you get that plan? Is it still available?
    03-12-10 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD