Ok, so after doing a search I read all the posts on storm issues in the cold and the symptoms are similar, but I really don't think it's all that cold. In my bedroom, first thing in the morning my storm doesn't recognize my touches very well. I've noticed it's slightly better on landscape, but even then it's not as sensitive and sometimes responds in an area I wasn't touching.

After I'm up and dressed it starts to behave better, but it really sucks there for awhile. My wife thinks it's funny that I have a phone that takes as long to wake up as I do.

Can anyone suggest something here? I guess it's the cold, but honestly it's not THAT cold. I can get out of bed without shivering.

Adam
    11-24-09 01:00 PM
    I'm only responding so you understand that we are not ignoring your post. I have heard some say Storm doesn't do well in hot weather. I've heard some say it doesn't do well in cold weather.

Now if you are a true berry lover what you do is sleep with your Storm. You don't turn it off, leave it out in the car, or anything like that. It's like an appendage. It's a part of you.

I've never seen anybody complain about it taking a while for their Storm to wake up. But more then likely somebody else has posted about it before. I would suggest if you are truly experiencing an issue such as you describe get a replacement if you are still within your warranty period.

Oh and do a battery pull at least once a week. If you're not doing that already.
    11-24-09 02:45 PM
    do you have a scheduled reboot every morning?
    11-24-09 02:58 PM
    yeaa,,just rebbot it
    11-24-09 03:54 PM
    yeaa,,just rebbot it
    Echo, echo...

To the OP: what OS are you running?
    Sounds like an issue I had with .148, mem would drain all night and I would have to restart it in the morning when it was at 8mb.
    11-24-09 03:59 PM
    well i was more going that right after a reboot the OS is still slow, not that is NEEDS a reboot seeing how its better after he gets ready and such. So if he reboots it right before he gets up that is why its a little sluggish
    11-24-09 05:36 PM
    All these answers are wrong. It just need a cup of java!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 06:40 PM
    It can't stand your morning breath. I always brush my teeth before awakening mine.
    11-24-09 09:35 PM
    I tried the re-boot, even with a battery pull, didn't do it.

I just can't figure out where to put the java.

OS is 5.0.0.328
    11-27-09 10:37 AM
    I used to have the same problem and a friend told me that placing a folded piece of paper behind the battery would improve touch recognition. I took one of my business cards and cut a piece the same size of the battery and it worked. The battery fits a little tighter but the difference is remarkable.
    11-27-09 12:30 PM
    Is it by any chance on 5.x and it's slow right after you unplug it from the charger? When I say slow, I mean slow at typing and stuff like input and such. If so, I'm willing to bet it's the same bug I've noticed on mine where when it's charging or just pulled off the charger it tends to lag a bit before going to normal function. Usually lasts a few minutes and then it's fine.
    11-27-09 04:27 PM
    Quick pull app. On appworld works great instead of physicaly pullin out batt. Battery pulls come hand in hand with the 9530...oh yeah. "Blackberry not just a cell phone,but a way of life!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:50 PM
    After I upgraded to 5.0.0.328 I started having this problem along with the charging problem. The only difference is that my slowness is at night. The Storm just starts acting like it's got no memory left and everything becomes very slow (typing, scrolling, selecting, starting apps, etc). Because a reboot solves both of my .328 problems I just do it every night. I was hoping by this point I wouldn't have to reboot every night but it doesn't bother me any more since it takes less than 2 minutes. When it used to take up to 10 minutes to reboot in the beginning it wasn't acceptable to me but now it's ok (although I would rather that I didn't have to do it).
    12-03-09 11:04 PM
    My typing is really slow in the morning, e-mails / texting. While typing I am way ahead of the text and have to slow way down and let it catch up. And then end up erasing words that are spelled wrong because it didn't recognise I touched them while typing. Just another RIM deal I assume. No memory issues, Im at 29 to 31 all the time.
    12-04-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD