Hey guys my trackball stopped rotating to the right yesterday, i have completely disassembled the phone and removed the trackball in hopes of perhaps cleaning it out and getting it to move but it seems to be jammed. it rolls up and down, and to the left, but will not budge to the right. are there any store (radio shack, best buy, **** even walmart) that might carry replacement parts or do I need to actually order one online and play the waiting game? And if I do need to order them online, where's the cheapest place?
    11-24-09 12:43 PM
    Check out Cnn.cn
    11-24-09 12:49 PM
    is there any way to take the trackball assembly apart and clean the ball off or would that damage the components?
    11-24-09 12:50 PM
    This works well...Pour a little bit of rubbing alchohol in a cup and place the trackball inside and move it around a bit. Then remove it and let it air dry for a while. Check each magnet on all four corners for lint and make sure the rollers move freely. Worked for me!
    11-24-09 01:17 PM
    Thanks Shine4JC, I will make sure to do that before ordering a new trackball! I appreciate the help
    11-24-09 01:18 PM
    You can also order trackballs from ebay. I've ordered 2 via ebay and they sometimes are a bit cheaper. Sucks though cause its the holidays and it will take forever no matter where you order from. Also, the alcohol trick seems to work for quite a few people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 05:01 AM
    I had the same problem but mine won't go down. Also, the ball won't click when pushed in. I called up T-Mobile and they're sending me a replacement under warranty. Even though I'm getting a new phone I rather just be able to fix the old one like with the 8820 by taking the ball out.

What's strange to me is that there is no official way to clean it. I asked T-Mobile what I could do and they said nothing is recommended. I know they work off scripts so I'm surprised that there was nothing they could suggest to fix this outside of sending me another phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD