anyone? anyone?
    11-24-09 11:19 AM
    same thing with the 8900.

impatiently waiting
    11-24-09 11:21 AM
    have you noticed that 10k other people have asked this same question. Would you mind searching?
    11-24-09 11:55 AM
    have you noticed that 10k other people have asked this same question. Would you mind searching?
    hey im screaming out in agony here.... we are all crying out together - maybe if we all do so together we will be heard by the g-ds of RIM
    11-24-09 12:23 PM
    Think about it! Why would they be in a hurry to update the 9000 or 8900 when they are trying to sell the 9700!
    11-24-09 12:29 PM
    Think about it! Why would they be in a hurry to update the 9000 or 8900 when they are trying to sell the 9700!
    I keep thinking about the threads on the 'net about RIM releasing up to 16(I think?) devices and yet each will(possibly) have some type of flaw and we're accustomed to it. So, before anyone comes at me with some type of justification for the flaws, I've owned up to 6 BlackBerries - with three being personal. IMO, the older models held up better for me. Probably just a coincidence. But, releasing 16 new devices takes a great deal of planning. Hopefully, the Magnum/Dakota will have minimal flaws when I purchase it- next year(?) Until then, we now have a BOLD in a White housing and it's being sold along with the original BOLD. Someone may want to think about taking care of the customers that are already here. No, I'm not going anywhere. Addiction is deep.
    11-24-09 01:05 PM
    I'm also waiting and can't wait to see it released. I thing the most beautifullest day of us (BB Bold/Curve users) is the day that RIM will finally release the official OS 5.0.X.XXX. A day to never forget, with so many tears of joy and laughter that will never disappear.

Okay, so now you all know what is happening to me from all that waiting lol :P
    11-24-09 01:08 PM
    ive seen pix and heard descriptions of os 5 - frak it! bring on OS 6.0!!

so say we all!
    11-24-09 01:14 PM
    Hehe frak..... <3 BSG
    11-24-09 01:19 PM
    Yeah, after playing around with the Betas, I definitely cannot with for a stable version.
    11-24-09 01:27 PM
    Agreed. I am sick of this sketchy OS crap.
    11-24-09 01:30 PM
    I'm also waiting and can't wait to see it released. I thing the most beautifullest day of us (BB Bold/Curve users) is the day that RIM will finally release the official OS 5.0.X.XXX. A day to never forget, with so many tears of joy and laughter that will never disappear.

It's important to note that it's the carriers that make 5.0 official - Not RIM. While RIM is always working internally on bug fixes and features, they're constantly providing builds to carriers for network acceptance and testing. The carriers can choose to release any build they feel meets their quality standards.

Obviously, the caveat is that there is internal testing done at RIM - They aren't going to let a build go to carrier testing that has some huge flaw.
    11-24-09 01:34 PM

Lol. I did the same thing when my wife surprised me with another bottle of "single-malt" scotch. Oh, the tears of joy and laughter as I hid the bottle from brother-in-law.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:38 PM
    It's important to note that it's the carriers that make 5.0 official - Not RIM. While RIM is always working internally on bug fixes and features, they're constantly providing builds to carriers for network acceptance and testing. The carriers can choose to release any build they feel meets their quality standards.

Obviously, the caveat is that there is internal testing done at RIM - They aren't going to let a build go to carrier testing that has some huge flaw.
    Hmm, this made me thing. Anyway, Vodafone is always a leading edge company so as soon as they find a stable version, they'll release it. Can't wait.

Lol. I did the same thing when my wife surprised me with another bottle of "single-malt" scotch. Oh, the tears of joy and laughter as I hid the bottle from brother-in-law.

You know what I'm talking about, bro .
    11-24-09 01:48 PM
    Hmm, this made me thing. Anyway, Vodafone is always a leading edge company so as soon as they find a stable version, they'll release it. Can't wait.

You know what I'm talking about, bro .

Of course! I'll settle for a good beta that will become "official" by some carrier one day.
    11-24-09 02:38 PM
    Yeah, you're right. By the way, I'm running OS 5.0.0.348 and it's extremely stable to me. First had 2 reboots the first day, then I removed app world and Opera Mini 5.0 and now haven't had a single reboot for about 6 days
    11-24-09 02:47 PM
    Well they are doing a good/great/excellent job in peeing off Bold customers they very people who have made them filthy rich since the bolds arrival.

This is bad for business as many bold 9000 users may just sell their bolds and buy a LG or and Iphone.

Get with it RIM and release a 9000 5.0 OS
    11-24-09 03:23 PM
    Yeah, you're right. By the way, I'm running OS 5.0.0.348 and it's extremely stable to me. First had 2 reboots the first day, then I removed app world and Opera Mini 5.0 and now haven't had a single reboot for about 6 days

Lol. D*mn you! On at&t. So, it's not going to happen with that beta for any of us. "REBOOT" City.....until you take out the battery or your battery is drained.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-24-09 at 03:30 PM.
    11-24-09 03:26 PM
    Lol. D*mn you! On at&t. So, it's not going to happen with that beta for any of us. "REBOOT" City.....until you take out the battery or your battery is drained.
    Hehe, off course I'll think about you when I imagine you typing a message and all of a sudden your phone reboots. Off course I do, bro .

What is it with AT&T? How come their phones aren't behaving like mine on Vodafone?
    11-24-09 04:13 PM
    hey im screaming out in agony here.... we are all crying out together - maybe if we all do so together we will be heard by the g-ds of RIM
    don't you see all these leaks? these are all released by rim, quit thinking rim releases OS's...RIM DOESN'T RELEASE OS'S IT'S UP TO CARRIERS, RIM RELEASES THE BUILDS YOU SEE POSTED HERE. jesus christ...
    11-24-09 04:34 PM
    Hehe, off course I'll think about you when I imagine you typing a message and all of a sudden your phone reboots. Off course I do, bro .

What is it with AT&T? How come their phones aren't behaving like mine on Vodafone?

Ghost in the machine I've read several theories posted in the .238 thread.
    11-24-09 04:35 PM
    Well they are doing a good/great/excellent job in peeing off Bold customers they very people who have made them filthy rich since the bolds arrival.

This is bad for business as many bold 9000 users may just sell their bolds and buy a LG or and Iphone.

Get with it RIM and release a 9000 5.0 OS
    as has been stated about a grillion times already, RIM DOES NOT RELEASE OPERATING SYSTEMS... all of the 5.0's "leaked" were released builds to carriers by rim, what more do you expect rim to do? take it up with your carrier...rim has done everything in their power...
    11-24-09 04:37 PM
    as has been stated about a grillion times already, RIM DOES NOT RELEASE OPERATING SYSTEMS... all of the 5.0's "leaked" were released builds to carriers by rim, what more do you expect rim to do? take it up with your carrier...rim has done everything in their power...
    End of thread.
    11-24-09 05:12 PM
    Just install os 5 beta, or stick with 4.6 and be patient. Thats all there is to it!

11-24-09 05:18 PM
    Of course! I'll settle for a good beta that will become "official" by some carrier one day.
    There's no such thing as a "good" beta. If betas were good, they'd go official.
    11-24-09 05:19 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD