I decided a few days ago that I wanted to 'White out my tour' and I have noticed tons of other people interested in it. First you can buy the housing from Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co. . Here is the actual housing on their site Colored Blackberry Tour 9630 housing faceplate cover ( White)*::*9630*::*Blackberry*::*Housing/Faceplate*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co. I personally also plan on changing the trackball to white. I found some research that says you can buy an 83xx track ball and it fits, and not only that it sits up higher and works better. You can buy trackballs cheap on Amazon or there is the site Order a Replacement Trackball - BlackBerry Trackball Replacement Kits - Fix Your BlackBerry� that sends you two, one white, for ten dollars. I have also heard twice that people have broken their SD cards when making the change. I suggest that if you do it you take out your SD card first. Also, the keyboard on truesupplier, which is the only white one I can find, has small arabic letter on the bottom of each button. I plan on doing it here when I get some money and I plan on taking tons of pics and a write up. I also plan on making a white out theme. I did find a guy who whited out his tour...http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/my...ut-tour-361532

Here are some videos on you tube where they help you take your tour apart...

UPDATE!: Also, I think these pictures in the posting could be the most helpful: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/bl...eakdown-279255

I just went to their site and if you buy the housing and the keyboard together you can save a few bucks...
    Colored Blackberry Tour 9630 housing faceplate cover W/ Arabic keypad ( White)*::*9630*::*Blackberry*::*Housing/Faceplate*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

There is also some decent looking housing/keyboard combos on eBay like this one...Blackberry Tour 9630 Housing Bezel cover keypad White - eBay (item 280432376886 end time Dec-31-09 20:49:37 PST)

UPDATE! 12-11-09
    Maybe dont order from truesupplier...check this link.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/tr...rrible-383384/

I ordered my white housing finally from eBay, it was about the same price but I was having trouble paying and checking out at truesupplier, now I am glad it decided to go with eBay. Here is the link...
    Top Housing Cover keypad for Blackberry Tour 9630 White - eBay (item 290372284501 end time Dec-20-09 02:36:39 PST)

I also ordered the housing in gold!
    New Chrome Housing for Blackberry Tour 9630+Keypad Gold - eBay (item 300370347612 end time Dec-23-09 11:41:28 PST)

Here is another great looking white housing on eBay WITHOUT the Arabic letter...S/Top Housing Cover keypad for Blackberry Tour 9630 Whi - eBay (item 120503540654 end time Dec-17-09 16:47:31 PST)

Here are some more good looking housing in all sorts of colors: iPhone accessories - BlackBerry accessories - Buy Discount Cell Phone Accessories at Wholesale Price

UPDATE 12-25-09

My housing arrived. I put it all on last night. Everything works great. I used a white 8330 trackball and it works. I am disappointed in the quality of the way the trackball works, I have to press down really hard when scrolling. I did transfer the toggle buttons on top, the flash, and the speaker phone. I have tried them all out since and everything works great. The flash just sort of slides off the plastic pins that hold it on. The speaker phone is stuck down with a sticker the covers a large portion even around the flash. I even tore the sticker and it still works. The toggle buttons are just like stickers and I just peeled them off and stuck them back on. Everything worked out great. Let me know if you have any questions

Last edited by kylegelliott; 12-25-09 at 05:41 PM.
    11-23-09 11:03 PM
    Wow dude. That is some dedication you put in this thread. Yah some may argue there's tons of threads out there with the same topic or info, but for a newbie, or someone wanting to do this, it'll be golden. Good job from my side.
    11-23-09 11:15 PM
    You are welcome. I saw that manufactured all white Bold and fell in love with the look. Then this weekend I came across the True Supplier site and decided I would d0 it. So I did tons of research to make sure I could pull it off, and where to get the stuff and so on. Then like two days later I saw tons of people wanting to do the same so I decided to make this post, because lots of them saw pictures and didn't know where to get the housing. It was easy because I had been bookmarking all the helpful sites I cam across. Also, a broken SD card would be a huge bummer, or buying a keyboard and not liking the Arabic letters would be lame too. I personally don't mind and can't wait to do it.
    Last edited by kylegelliott; 11-23-09 at 11:26 PM.
    11-23-09 11:20 PM
    Not interested, but great thread. nice work
    11-23-09 11:21 PM
    Hey if you can do all us a favor. Take pictures of the Tour disassemble and all the other good stuff...I know there's videos out there...but a good picture step by step would be nice as well.

And they might even make a sticky for all of us too.

(I'd like to add you to my BBM Kyle, Pin me))
    Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 11-23-09 at 11:38 PM.
    11-23-09 11:23 PM
    I just watched the video for trackball. wow its way easier to walk into the mall and walk out with a new tour. well refurb
    11-23-09 11:29 PM
    Hey if you can do all us a favor. Take pictures of the Tour disassemble and all the other good stuff...I know there's videos out there...but a good picture step by step would be nice as well.

And they might even make a sticky for all of us too.

(I'd like to add you to my BBM Kyle, Pin me))
    I don't use BB messenger. My e-mail is [email protected] though. I am planning on taking a lot of before/during/after pictures when I get done. I will do a little write up too of how it went. Again though, it might be a few weeks.
    11-23-09 11:58 PM
    I just watched the video for trackball. wow its way easier to walk into the mall and walk out with a new tour. well refurb
    It is complicated to change the trackball in a tour compared to doing it with other phones, but since I will have the entire housing off anyways it won't be a big deal.
    11-23-09 11:59 PM
    Its funny you made this post cause after I saw that original post, I was ready to white mine out so guess what, I ordered the keyboard and housing off true supplier. Saved approximately 7 dollars, how? Well, if you buy them both you save some dollars, then TS20090701A will save you 20% so my total came out to like 33 dollars.
    I am keeping the trackball black though, well for now..
    Also I failed to mention when you order the keyboard and faceplate, you get a torx screwdriver
    Last edited by Kareemg; 11-24-09 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Forget info
    11-24-09 02:00 AM
    Welcome to Blackberry Tour White-Out Edition. Everywhere I go, people are asking to see it and wondering how I did it. I was at my local corporate sprint store on sunday and they were all were shocked and amazed. I've been with sprint for years and going to this one location for years as well. Whenever i get a new phone they always ask to see what i do with them. Have fun with tricking our yours. I've been experimenting with mine some more, trying to change the backlit leds behind keyboard.
    11-24-09 08:51 AM
    It looks sweet, I cant wait to see the other peoples, and I especially can't wait to do mine. Thanks Kareemg for that coupon code, I will try to remember to use it. I did see that you get the free screwdriver with the order. Keep us posted when your order gets here.
    11-24-09 10:53 AM
    Outstanding work pulling all this information together Kyle. I'd love a whited out tour, but I think the arabic characters would wear on my pragmatic mind. I think I'd do all white, with a golden keyboard. To each his own.

Since you'll be having your Tour ripped apart, I remember a thread from many months ago where a guy added a film under his keyboard that changed the glow color of the backlit keys from white to blue (or red or purple or whatever). Have you considered doing that? (come to think of it, I wonder if that would have an adverse affect on the spectacular action of the Tour keyboard)

Either way, good luck. I'll be watching for your updates.
    11-24-09 11:23 AM
    Uh ... you mean you don't just use White-Out? Ah, crap.
    11-24-09 11:40 AM
    Uh ... you mean you don't just use White-Out? Ah, crap.
    hahah, nice. Maybe you could pull that off...
    11-24-09 01:48 PM
    that is interesting about using the film, but I would be scared my keys wont work.

Outstanding work pulling all this information together Kyle. I'd love a whited out tour, but I think the arabic characters would wear on my pragmatic mind. I think I'd do all white, with a golden keyboard. To each his own.

Since you'll be having your Tour ripped apart, I remember a thread from many months ago where a guy added a film under his keyboard that changed the glow color of the backlit keys from white to blue (or red or purple or whatever). Have you considered doing that? (come to think of it, I wonder if that would have an adverse affect on the spectacular action of the Tour keyboard)

Either way, good luck. I'll be watching for your updates.
    11-24-09 01:49 PM
    i did mine in white as well, left the black keyboard for now. the hardest part is the lock/standby button transfer. be careful with them. I dont think u can order them separate if you break them.
    11-24-09 02:10 PM
    What do you mean by the lock/standby transfer button? On top of the phone? These have to be taken off?

i did mine in white as well, left the black keyboard for now. the hardest part is the lock/standby button transfer. be careful with them. I dont think u can order them separate if you break them.
    11-24-09 02:54 PM

yes as shown there, except his have been removed before so it looks easy but its not lol.

just take your time and you should be fine. if u break it though, ur outa luck since those are not orderable meaning ur mute/standby and lock buttons wont work
    11-24-09 02:59 PM
    I see, thanks for pointing that out, I will keep this in mind when I do it.

yes as shown there, except his have been removed before so it looks easy but its not lol.

just take your time and you should be fine. if u break it though, ur outa luck since those are not orderable meaning ur mute/standby and lock buttons wont work
    11-24-09 03:04 PM
    Great thread I had been looking up lots of things on the colorware website. I love the white keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 04:03 PM
    Yeah, the colorwave site they paint it or something right? So that means you would have to leave your keyboard black, plus colorwave is expensive, buying the housing is only 25-30 bucks.
    11-24-09 05:30 PM
    Yeah, the colorwave site they paint it or something right? So that means you would have to leave your keyboard black, plus colorwave is expensive, buying the housing is only 25-30 bucks.
    25-30 bucks and super risky....I really want to do something to my phone but am a wuss
    11-24-09 05:55 PM
    Are most of those Youtube videos silent or is it my setup (computer)?
    11-24-09 07:25 PM
    No, like none have talking on them. I think ONE did, the Gazelle.com one did. Or some have techno music, why? I don't know.
    11-24-09 07:40 PM
    I recevied my Blue bezel today so I slapped it on. Still waiting on my blue trackball. I'll post more pics when the trackball arrives.

I also ordered a blue english keyboard, but it won't be here for another 2 weeks.

I'll start a BOUEOUT thread once the bluekeyboard arrives.

11-28-09 02:45 PM
234 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD