Can't put it much simpler. I plugged it in at night at like %85, woke up with it at 5% and burning hot(literally almost a fire hazard and almost burned me). Using AC power. Any idea whats wrong? Fix or swap it?
    11-23-09 10:01 PM
    New phone? Or old one? Sounds not good to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:02 PM
    OEM charger, or an after market charger?
    11-23-09 10:05 PM
    OEM, 1.5 months old. Doesn't work by charging via USB or any other charger.
    11-23-09 10:25 PM
    Replace the battery, and if that does not work replace the device. It's covered.
    11-23-09 11:19 PM
    This is a known problem with the latest official firmware. There's a lot of posts on it. I'm having the problem and I'm running with a .328 hybrid. Sometimes turning it off and back on will do the trick (press and hold the red hang up key to turn off). Sometimes a reset is required. With one of these two I can usually get it to charge. For me, I know it's working if the clock comes on immediately after plugging it in. If it takes a few seconds for the clock to come on then I know that it's not charging. Or you can look to make sure that there is a lightning bolt on the battery indicator.

11-24-09 06:52 AM
    Weird, I've never had this problem, even on the new official release. Hopefully you can get everything squared away.
    11-24-09 07:15 AM
    I had the same issue (minus the scalding BB) where my BB would not charge, I tried an after market charger and the USB and nothing would work. Took to store they could not duplicate it with their charger so they just swapped out my battery and I can charge again. Sometimes tho the after market is a little loose and doesn't connect right.

Replace the battery, and if that does not work replace the device. It's covered.
    11-24-09 11:15 AM
    This is a known problem with the latest official firmware. There's a lot of posts on it. I'm having the problem and I'm running with a .328 hybrid. Sometimes turning it off and back on will do the trick (press and hold the red hang up key to turn off). Sometimes a reset is required. With one of these two I can usually get it to charge. For me, I know it's working if the clock comes on immediately after plugging it in. If it takes a few seconds for the clock to come on then I know that it's not charging. Or you can look to make sure that there is a lightning bolt on the battery indicator.

No lightning symbol, says straight out "power source does not have enough power." downgrading is out of the question because its dead now. I'm upgrading to storm2 today anyways.
    11-24-09 02:22 PM
    i had a similiar problem with my first storm...on my third now. I got it in April and it was towards the end of Sept that the battery seemed to be dying faster and faster. Then occasionally, I would notice that when it was plugged into wall charger, it wouldn't charge (didn't charge on car charger either). Got so bad that one morning when I took it off, I was texting for 1/2 hr and it died. I milked it along for a couple more days and took it in to the store. They replaced it right away. The replacement had a "terminal error" about a week and a half later. It kinda froze on me, so I did a battery pull and it never came back on. It would bring up the white screen and then shut back down. They replaced it as well right away. No qustions asked.
    11-24-09 02:46 PM
    i had this problem with ma old storm,,i just got the new replacement

and its fine now
    11-24-09 03:56 PM
    Storm battery replaced. The tech guy at verizon did say they've never seen anything like it before though.. kinda shocked by that
    11-24-09 04:44 PM
    I had this issue without the hot battery and a battery pull corrected the issue. Same error messages etc. Hope that fixes your issue.
    11-24-09 05:57 PM
    My experience is just the opposite of the OP's. I have better battery life since .328 installation.
    11-24-09 09:39 PM
    Storm battery replaced. The tech guy at verizon did say they've never seen anything like it before though.. kinda shocked by that
    I also had a bad battery replaced on my second Storm.
    11-25-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD