I have a Curve on AT&T and the signal is stuck on lowercase "edge" (as opposed to uppercase EDGE). I cannot send or receive emails or use the internet... Its very frustrating! It must've happened randomly because I cant think of anything I couldve done to cause it to do this... I searched this forum and it seems to be a relatively common problem (a friend had it happen to him once, and it fixed itself 2 weeks later) but none of the responses seemed like they would be relevant to my case... So I thought I'd try haha.

Data Services is "On" under Mobile Connections

(and my friend who has the exact same phone with the same carrier is currently receiving "EDGE" connection so its not the location...)

If anyone can help I'd be extremely appreciative. Thanks!
    11-23-09 07:44 PM
    shut the phone off and turn it back on
    11-23-09 08:43 PM
    I'm having similar problems with the 8820. Not sure what lower case vs. upper case is (mine is upper case). Internet and email works fine with the wi-fi. Neither work with edge - still getting text and phone calls. Rebooting this morning worked for about 2 minutes. But, doesn't do anything now (I've rebooted 3 or 4 times during the day).
    11-23-09 10:02 PM
    I've been having these issues as well, but this fixed it.
    11-23-09 10:03 PM
    Haha I shouldve clarified... I've def done about 20 battery pulls so... rebooting it doesnt work.

And to the second reply, I hope you (and I) figure out how to get our EDGE internet back!
    11-23-09 10:04 PM
    Is it possible our devices are broken?
    11-23-09 10:11 PM
    Have you resent the service books? Or goto options/advanced options/host routing table and then click the menu button (the silver button to the left of the trackball and click register now. If the 2nd option dont work, log in to your providers BIS site and resend the service books. If you dont know how to do that, then call your provider.

here is the link to ATT's BIS login site BlackBerry Internet Service
    Last edited by mikeyg164; 11-23-09 at 11:01 PM. Reason: add att BIS login page link
    11-23-09 11:00 PM
    Have you resent the service books? Or goto options/advanced options/host routing table and then click the menu button (the silver button to the left of the trackball and click register now. If the 2nd option dont work, log in to your providers BIS site and resend the service books. If you dont know how to do that, then call your provider.

here is the link to ATT's BIS login site BlackBerry Internet Service
    Im trying to do this but it wont let me create an account because it claims I havent registered it, though I did do the Host Routing Table>Register Now thing... It tells me the registration message sent but... I dont have internet service so I dont think it actually did. Do you know if theres another way to get the service books sent?
    11-23-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD