This might be a question that has been answered before but i noticed that my buttons on my storm 2 dont always work, the call button etc... They dont always push down it seems like there stuck... Anything else I should know about the S2?
    11-23-09 04:42 PM
    Don't cover the buttons as you have to touch them to make them work on the S2.
    Not so on the S1.
    11-23-09 04:56 PM
    It's a known issue already to verizon. I had gone through two phones already because my send key would stick and my escape button would to. When I called verizon and talked to the tech on the second time around, He told me that they are releasing a update on the storm 2's on dec 15. That update is to fix the screen issue because he said the screen works off the OS.
    11-23-09 05:05 PM
    When I called verizon and talked to the tech on the second time around, He told me that they are releasing a update on the storm 2's on dec 15. That update is to fix the screen issue because he said the screen works off the OS.
    Wow. Can anyone confirm this?
    11-23-09 05:51 PM
    It's a known issue already to verizon. I had gone through two phones already because my send key would stick and my escape button would to. When I called verizon and talked to the tech on the second time around, He told me that they are releasing a update on the storm 2's on dec 15. That update is to fix the screen issue because he said the screen works off the OS.
    Wow. Can anyone confirm this?
    Now you all know not to believe anything that comes from the reps mouths in reference to OS updates on a blackberry RIGHT??
    11-23-09 05:53 PM
    Yes I spoke to a friend who's brother's boss works for Apple and is friends with a guy from RIMM and they said the next update will fix it....

Nah, I would return it back if your having that much problem. Try cleaning the buttons first and see how that works. I tried it on the first S2 and it worked sometimes and sometimes didn't work. I ended up getting another one and my escape button does the same thing but not the BB or TALK button. But now if it does get stuck then all I need to do is clean it and it works like a charm again.
    11-23-09 06:08 PM
    It's possible that an OS update could fix this. If the new setup is indeed electronic them it would likely be controlled by the OS. I run into this once in a while if I try to do something immediately after unlocking the phone. If I wait just a little longer it seems to be ok. Time will tell...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 06:15 PM
    Something else, someone mentioned that having a screen protector on the buttons causes this issue, such as phantom skinz, or invisashield. I am not taking mine off to find out if it fixes the problem. I can deal with the ESC button not working once out of every 20 presses that it acts up for me.
    11-23-09 06:22 PM
    Hi,

I am having the same issue. I have gone through three Storm 2 phones. The techs who verified my claim even acknowledged that something felt wrong with the buttons. After my third Storm 2, I have come to believe that the OS may be the culprit.

I will wait a bit before making a final decision to return it.
    11-23-09 06:25 PM
    The OS controls the Surepress on the S2 so I would assume new OS will fix it.
    11-23-09 06:25 PM
    Try wiping the phone, I heard it might help but I haven't tried.
    11-23-09 06:26 PM
    A big thank you to all you S2 beta testers for finding out all the little bugs before I upgrade from the S1 to the S2. The fix I'm waiting for is the homescreen updating issue. It looks like I may be waiting for several more months before I get my S2.
    11-23-09 06:32 PM
    A big thank you to all you S2 beta testers for finding out all the little bugs before I upgrade from the S1 to the S2. The fix I'm waiting for is the homescreen updating issue. It looks like I may be waiting for several more months before I get my S2.
    Your storm 1 has that issue if you are running the 5.0 OS as well. If that is the only thing holding you back from this one I would have to let that one fly. The 9550 will probably get an OS update before the 9530 gets one, but I could be wrong. Let's call it a hunch.
    11-23-09 06:35 PM
    Hopefully the update will fix the "Call" button. mine works half the time- but when it works it works great! I have the Invisible Shield installed but it was doin it before the install-

The OS better fix the Today Screen to update, Weatherberry and Meterberry is useless-
    11-23-09 06:43 PM
    I have noticed it happening more when i have to remove the ringing phone from the holster then answer it. Answering an unholstered phone works much more reliably.
    11-23-09 06:49 PM
    3 days into this Storm2, I have been preventing from answering calls on several occasions. I own and run my own business, and not being able to answer a call can have serious consequences.

This has happened when emails are displayed on the screen and a call comes in. The Answer button and the green phone button are worthless - the screen is locked. Exasperating and economically damaging!

Blackberry, are you listening?
    11-23-09 10:32 PM
    Im just gonna return the strom 2 and try out the droid by motorola and see how much better that is and if i dont like it im gonna switch back to the s2.. dont get me wrong I love blackberries but right now its a love hate relationship...thank you all for the help if you have anything else to add go right ahead because it may help somone else
    11-24-09 12:19 PM
    This might be a question that has been answered before but i noticed that my buttons on my storm 2 dont always work, the call button etc... They dont always push down it seems like there stuck... Anything else I should know about the S2?
    We all know about this, but no one knows what is causing the problem. Some think it's a hardware issue and others think it is a software issue. I am on my second phone. This one is better than the first phone, but still I occasionally have problems with the Send button. I am holding out until 12/5 when my 30 days are up. I am hoping that RIM will step up by then and say what is causing the problem. I personally think this is done by design to prevent mistakenly hitting the Send button and making a call. So I think RIM made that button require a firmer press to activate. However, it is unpleasant so I think RIM will need to fix this. I am just hoping it's a software issue.
    11-24-09 03:50 PM
    In my family, we have a total of 3 storms 2, two of them doesn't have any issues with the SEND or the END button, while my first storm 2 had the issue with SEND button not pushing from time to time. So I got a replacement and the second one was much better than the first, no issues at all with SEND or END. However, as I have used the phone over a week now, the END button is starting to giving me problems, but the SEND is still perfectly fine. I truly believe it's a hardware issue rather than a software issue, sure they may make it less obvious with a software patch, but that's only to cover up the hardware issue.

Let's say the hardware button is suppose to release the SEND button but it's not, and all a software patch can do is to not lock it in the first place so you won't experience that issue again. But like I said in my family we have 3 storms 2, only one is experiencing this issue *I am that lucky guy and I really believe it's a hardware issue. because till this date my SEND is still work perfectly fine, while my END is getting worse. You guys decide if it's hardware or software issues. But regardless it's hardware or software, I really think RIM or VZW should fix this issue right the way!
    11-24-09 04:38 PM
    im kinda wondering where these phone are made that dont work-
    Mexico? Hungry?
    11-24-09 05:13 PM
    I'll throw in my observations of the screen. I've only noticed a few times where I went to press the screen, while it was lying on a flat surface, and the back button did not press. A second attempt would always work, which was immediate.

The big mystery that is playing tricks with my mind is the differences I think I have noticed with screen tension. What I mean by this is sometimes the screen feels great, easy to click when I'm typing (sure type style). Then at other random times I swear it seems the screen is harder to push. My typing is slower as it seems I'm required to use just a bit more force to press down and get a click. It is intermittent and I haven't noticed any associations or links to any OS/application or battery power events. There are probably a number of reason behind this that are not phone related (i.e. I'm making it up in my head), but there is likely no way to really prove this.
    11-24-09 05:18 PM
    It seems the Tbacker believes the button issue is not a software issue but a hardware issue.

He seems to make a good case for the hardware being the problem.

check his thread @

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/bo...-found-371751/
    11-24-09 07:14 PM
    Your storm 1 has that issue if you are running the 5.0 OS as well. If that is the only thing holding you back from this one I would have to let that one fly. The 9550 will probably get an OS update before the 9530 gets one, but I could be wrong. Let's call it a hunch.
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. All my buttons work and the homescreen updating issue was fixed on the S1 with the last OS update.

There are still some things I am looking forward to on the S2, mainly the new touch screen. But the extra memory will be nice, and WIFI will be sweet. I'm still going to wait a bit longer to update.
    11-24-09 10:58 PM
    My first Storm 2 had the same problems. I had it exchanged and the replacement one was made Mexico 5. For the first 3 days no problems at all, now having issues again with the send/answer button and back button. Can get frustrating at times.
    11-25-09 11:27 AM
    My Send and End feel like single kinda hard clicks and the BB Back are double soft clicks when yea press on them-
    At first the Send was hard as **** to press but i put my S1 on lock and exercised the send and end buttons-
    11-25-09 11:50 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD