to start i have a Storm, not that i think that is all too relevant. i used the bb desktop manager to sync with an itunes playlist i made. i also use Randomtones which has its own separate folder with about 30 ringtones on my SD card.

when i use my phone for MP3 playing the player automatically finds my Randomtones folder even though its not in the music folder. it then will only show the ringtone version of any song already on my phone. so if i just sort by songs in my music player i have 2 songs with the same name for every one that has a ringtone. but when i go into album sort it will only show the ringtone version.

i tried renaming all of the ringtones to "*songname* ringtone. MP3" but the MP3 player still finds them and sees them as just "*songname*.MP3". i tried removing them manually from the phone but that just deletes them from the Randomtones folder and then that app doesnt work anymore.

any ideas?

tl;dr version. how can i tell the music player to only get songs from the music directory?
    11-23-09 03:39 PM
    Put the music in the music folder and the ringtones in the ringtone folder on the media card. Then Delete BBthumbs.dat in those same folders. Unhide hidden files on the computer to see BBthumbs.dat The phone will rebuild the files list using the files inside these folders.
    11-23-09 04:17 PM
    which one? there are dozens of BBthumbs.dat one in each album folder.
    11-23-09 04:54 PM
    well i re-arranged the files and stuff. didnt delete any BBthumbs , but everything seems to be working now.
    11-23-09 05:25 PM
    i am having problems with the bb desktop connecting the itunes playlist with my phone. The desktop recognizes my phone but says it cant make a connection to snync the music.... any ideas?
    11-23-09 09:47 PM
    well i re-arranged the files and stuff. didnt delete any BBthumbs , but everything seems to be working now.
    can you tell us how you rearranged things? People with the same problem will like to know.
    11-23-09 11:29 PM
    sorry. basically instead of having a folder in the main directory called randomtones i put that folder inside the ringtones directory. now it seems to work. no deleting config files or anything. we'll see if that still works after the next battery pull or itunes sync. but for now its working
    11-24-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD