It started about 2 hours ago. I can't send or receive anything, nor make calls. I'm showing full bars with the 1XEV icon but the my Storm won't do anything except let me use the mobile web. I've done a half dozen battery pulls - nothing.

Anyone else having this problem???
    11-23-09 01:08 PM
    thats cuz boston sucks lol...
    11-23-09 01:28 PM
    Did it cross your mind to call Verizon and ask them?
    11-23-09 01:56 PM
    camoko..... If I'm unable to make calls from my phone, how would you suggest I call Verizon? I am at my home which has no land line.
    11-23-09 02:08 PM
    Mines working fine.
    11-23-09 02:35 PM
    camoko..... If I'm unable to make calls from my phone, how would you suggest I call Verizon? I am at my home which has no land line.
    Maybe they didn't know you didn't have a landline. If you have a chance and still haven't gotten it fixed, I would run to a store and maybe see if they would know what's going on. I've never come across that kind of problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 03:34 PM
    no problem here for me
    11-23-09 03:36 PM
    Thought you could possibly use your wifes, girlfriends, mothers, brothers, sisters, next door neighbors, aunts, sons, daughters, dogs, cats phone or the payphone on the corner. I didn't realize that a phone is so hard to come by where you live. You must be living in a cave somewhere. You can always use the online chat on the VZW homepage. If all else fails, try drums or smoke signals.
    11-23-09 07:51 PM
    [QUOTE=camoko;4159797]Thought you could possibly use your wifes, girlfriends, mothers, brothers, sisters, next door neighbors, aunts, sons, daughters, dogs, cats phone or the payphone on the corner. I didn't realize that a phone is so hard to come by where you live. You must be living in a cave somewhere. You can always use the online chat on the VZW homepage. If all else fails, try drums or smoke signals. [/

Oh my god you just made my night reading that reply I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard! For the OP no problem here for me today in Boston.
    11-23-09 08:26 PM
    Have you tried an HRT reset? Options, Advanced, Host Routing, press BB and select Register Now!
    11-23-09 10:54 PM
    camoko - I was just giving you a hard time. I knew what you were getting at...

After about two hours or so, it started working fine. But now, a day later, it's doing it again!!! I've noticed that where the signal bars are in the upper right corner, there is constantly an arrow flashing up and to the right (like it's sending data), but nothing pointing back down to the phone. Also, every once in a while, the "1X" disappears but the "EV" remains. When I try and make a call, it says "Service not available."

I even checked to make sure I didn't have an overdue bill and VZW shut off service! I think I'm going to head to the VZ store, but I assure you that when I get there, the problem will no longer exist.

I'm just worried now that I'm going to get a P.O.S. re-manned Storm.

I'm off to send some smoke signals!
    Last edited by KezzerOne; 11-24-09 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo!
    11-24-09 01:11 PM
    Have you tried an HRT reset? Options, Advanced, Host Routing, press BB and select Register Now!
    PK - I just did this and it worked!!

Thank you VERY much.

Is this something I will have to continue to do, or should it fix the problem?
    11-24-09 01:17 PM
    It should fix your problem... For now... If it happens again do it all over again...
    11-24-09 05:43 PM
    had this problem the other day, me, mom, brother all had full bars but could not make or recieve calls. verizon was out for a couple of hous here in ohio. could they possiblly be upgrading something? btw i did batt pulls and the like and nothing helped. and eventually i just started working again.
    11-24-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD