I just picked up a 8530 and had a question about the trackpad. Even though it works well, I noticed that the optical trackpad is very loose. There is space on top and bottom and can move up and down a little. It works but i just wanted to make sure that wiggle is normal.

Thanks.
    11-23-09 10:33 AM
    Mine is just the same. I don't consider it normal, seems to be a small flaw as some users said theirs are quite firm.

Still, it won't fall out or break, I'm sure (or at least 90% sure...).
    11-23-09 11:22 AM
    From a durability standpoint, that movement CANNOT be good (thinking about how its connected to the board...ribbon cable?). I'm pondering taking mine back and having them find one that doesn't move. At least for me, the movement affects the use of the trackpad. C'mon rim...need to step that build quality up!
    11-23-09 11:30 AM
    BTW...i have the 9530 (verizon)
    11-23-09 11:31 AM
    Mine moves quite a bit as well. Gonna take it back later and see what they say. Just got mine yesterday and its been bugging me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:37 AM
    make sure to post back and let us know what they say.
    11-23-09 11:39 AM
    Will do! I'm also taking it back because I have dust behind my screen! :-/

11-23-09 12:01 PM
    Mexico 1, fine keyboard here.
    11-23-09 02:19 PM
    Mine's solid as a rock, think these are faulty parts. It souldn't wobble at all.

Good luck all.

11-23-09 02:48 PM
    I just got mine today, it moves ALITTLE. I'm not going to freak out about it...unless it stops working.

Mine says Mexico 1
    11-23-09 03:05 PM
    When I first got mine I noticed that as well..... The space around the pad. Manufature flaw, IMO, cause other bb models had either loose keypads or trackball. Didn't fret too much cause hey, this is a budget bb.

I have the 8520.

11-23-09 03:21 PM
    Just got back from verizon and no dice. They said it didn't call for a replacement, but I asked for a manager and he authorized them to open 5 new ones to see if they were all the same. They all turned out the same and all from 'Mexico 4.' Doesn't bother me, but I was curious and wanted to shed some light on this issue! Still love the phone though!

11-23-09 03:52 PM
    Well mine moves but not that much. Remember that its a button as well so it needs room to move just in case u push it down at a bad angle. Its not supposed to be super tight since its a reactive button. I wouldn't worry so much. If it breaks within ayear. They'll replace it

11-23-09 04:18 PM
    I bought two 8520s that were made in Canada. The trackpads move a little bit. It is not a problem as the pad floats in the case and is held on by a backplate so it doesn't fall out. It needs a little give so you can push the button. This is normal and not considered a design flaw. Stop worrying and enjoy your new Berry.
    11-23-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD