I'd like to have your suggestions in order to have the best battery life from the new bold.

A question: does the stand-by mode works for it? I remember on some models the stand-by mode was wasting a lot of battery life (if i do not remember bad)

Thanks
    11-23-09 09:53 AM
    Just charge your phone at night while sleeping. For the first few weeks you will not be able to keep you hot hands off of it so you will likely use a bit more power. Buy an extra charger or give it a little extra charge on the computer via USB if needed. Turn your screen brightness down as far as you can stand it and have it screen off after 15-30 seconds.

Main thing is to enjoy and do not become too obcessed over the battery.
    11-23-09 09:57 AM
    - On apps that constantly run/update in the background (Twitter and weather apps for example), go to the apps settings and change them to update at less frequent intervals.

- Turn off wifi if you're not going to be around a wifi connection all day.

But honestly, if your battery lasts you until you go to sleep, why worry? Just charged it while you sleep every night.
    11-23-09 10:14 AM
    This phone only sips from the battery. I used it for music (couple hrs worth), texts (few hundred), phone calls (maybe an hr worth) and browsing (half hour worth) didn't sit it on my charging pod right so didn't charge overnight (had a little.......ok a lot to drink) and it was still over 40%.
    11-23-09 11:19 AM
    I'm not doing anything to conserve battery and I'm getting aweaome battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:29 AM
    Put a piece of black tape over the part of the screen that shows your battery so you don't pay attention to it and charge it at night LOL

11-23-09 11:34 AM
    the battery in this phone is awesome to the point I am not worried about it anymore, with regular use I'm still left with 40-50% at night...
    11-23-09 12:38 PM
    Put a piece of black tape over the part of the screen that shows your battery so you don't pay attention to it and charge it at night LOL

worth a try
    11-23-09 12:55 PM
    Hey, anyone else with Auto-standby notice that sometimes it doesn't work?? After about 10 seconds I have the screen time out.... then sometimes it works perfectly, and other times it just turns the screen back on....sometimes on the second or third time it will finally go to standby.

I dont use it so much for a battery saver, but more to prevent pocket dialing
    11-23-09 01:51 PM
    Turn your screen brightness down to about 60.
    11-23-09 02:47 PM
    when i went to purchase my 9700, i was told not to charge it over night & not to charge it during a call. all this needs is 4 hours of charging. the man who sold it to me told me batteries that need overnight charging are no longer made.
    11-23-09 04:44 PM
    It will not hurt a Li-Ion battery to charge over night, but he is partially correct, as soon as it is full you can use it.

11-23-09 05:05 PM
    I must be doing something wrong as I barely got 8 hours out of my 9700's battery yesterday.

This is my first BB with Wi-Fi and 3G. Would one of those be killing the battery so badly? Both are enabled and the Wi-Fi was connected for about four hours, then left on while not connected.

Thank you.
    11-27-09 03:45 PM
    Wifi doesn't drain the battery as much as 3G ... I am connected to wifi 24hrs 7 days a week...I have a 24hr job... and the battery is great!! Whenevber I am out and about, 3G seems to drain it a little bit more than wifi..
    This battery is epic!
    11-27-09 03:50 PM
    Try placing the phone in 2G only if you aren't doing anything data intensive
    11-27-09 04:05 PM
    If u r on 3g make sure its strong. Because the signal going back n forth between edge n 3g is bad for the battery. Personally though I don't care I leave mine on 2g n 3g no matter where I'm at. I have turned off though.

11-27-09 04:20 PM
    Is it bad to charge the battery overnight even when you still have about 50% battery remaining? I've always followed the age old myth to let the phone almost completely run down on battery before recharging it again and I was wondering if this is still necessary. I remember reading somewhere that with the newer Li-Ion batteries you don't have to worry much about letting it completely drain? What are your thoughts?
    11-27-09 06:04 PM
    Close any apps that you are not using. Do not leave them running in the background unless that is what you want. There are other suggestions in this thread that should help as well.
    11-27-09 06:05 PM
    So not leave the map runnin cuz it is updating your location even when u close out of it.
    11-27-09 06:49 PM
    I leave my phone on 2g/3g too. Its awesome!
    11-27-09 07:15 PM
    Adding to everything above me ^^^

...If you install a 3rd party theme, make sure it's a pretty simple one that won't kill your battery life. I have the Bold 9700 and I know from experience.
    My current theme: Classique by Shankeith. It's a great theme with great features and the best part about it is that it doesn't eat my battery.
    Good luck with yours' though.
    11-27-09 07:26 PM
    I just noticed that I had my GPS turned on by default. I don't remember turning it on myself so it must be by default when you first buy the phone. I think this is why my battery life wasn't amazing like everyone else's. I'll test it out and report back.
    11-27-09 07:44 PM
    when im at home its goes straight to uma all night with only 5% battery used>>>this battery blows every phone i ever owned away
    11-28-09 01:01 PM
    I'm not doing anything to conserve battery and I'm getting aweaome battery life.

same here. This Battery is a BEAST!!!

I've been trying to drain it so that I can do a full recycle charge but it's still @ 55% after heavy usage....

(I know the cycling isn't necessary but I want to do it anyway)
    11-28-09 07:08 PM
    same here. This Battery is a BEAST!!!

I've been trying to drain it so that I can do a full recycle charge but it's still @ 55% after heavy usage....

(I know the cycling isn't necessary but I want to do it anyway)
    I am right there with you teek. I have trying to kill my battery but the damn thing just sits and laugh at me LOL. I have finally got it below 30% but that only cause I did not charge it last night. Never thought I would have a such a good issue with any device that I have owned.

11-28-09 09:02 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD