first off i have been having problems with facebook...i havent been receiving my alerts....i figured it might be the bis login..i was having problems with my storm few weeks ago and they gave me a new one..i was receing alerts right after but about a week after i had the new storm i wasnt receiving any alerts from FB..so i updated to the 5.0 everything was there and fine...including contacts ..but still no facebook alerts..i've been doing different things...but no use..so i gave up while out i was texting someone and realized my contact names in my sms have disappeared..it was just numbers...so beings i was texting my sister i thought i had done something so i added her back to put her name in...i didnt think anything of it..but later in the night i checked and there were no contacts..i've been restoring to previous backup files and i still have the one contact..my sister..is there any way to get them back?
    11-23-09 09:48 AM
    That's weird. This weekend I changed email address from an earthlink accoun to a Gmail account. I made the switch on my phone and then deleted the earthlink account on my phone to make the Gmail one the primary email on my phone. I only associated one email on my phone at a time. I went to text someone and I was missing a contact. I started looking through my contacts and there were random contacts missing but some were still there. I reloaded a backup file but still missing the same contacts. I deleted the gmail account and reloaded the earthlink account reloaded my backup file about 2 more times and finally they all came back. I guess what I'm trying to say is something similar happened to me and I just tried to reverse the process and kept reloaded the backup and eventually they all came back...
    11-23-09 10:16 AM
    i dunno what to do ..cause all the backups i have nothing is loading up my contacts..but if i click on the phone button..and go to previous calls..some of the numbers have my contacts name on them..and some do not..but yet none of them are in my list of contacts..its only one?

i only use one email..and its always been gmail...
    11-23-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD