Hey all.

Wasn't sure if this should go in this particular forum area, or if I should keep it in the accessory one, but I'm just hoping for a response.

Got a Zagg IS screen protector installed on my Tour 9630 two days ago. Looking at the screen up close, it seems like there are lots of liquid specs under the screen protector. It's mostly visible when the phone is powered on and showing a white background; and I say (through assumption) liquid because the specs are rainbow-colored.

Do any of you guys with a Zagg IS have this issue? Reading around, it seems Zagg claims "imperfections" should go away within 2-3 days, but said specs don't seem to be getting any better.

Any/all help appreciated!
    11-23-09 01:29 AM
    It seems like you probably put too much liquid on it while you were applying the IS or you didn't squegeed out the water properly. Imo its gonna take more that 2 days for the water to evapurate and clear out of your screen..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 08:47 AM
    It sounds like you may have not gotten all the air bubbles out. Did you use the liquid stuff that came with the shield? That would explain the rainbow effect. They have a lifetime warranty so you can contact them for a replacement. It's on the side of the package.
    11-23-09 08:59 AM
    Try spraying some stuff on the screen again, then press them out. If not, then pay the 3.00 and have a new one sent.
    11-23-09 09:32 AM
    it does that for me for the first day, but after 24 hours it usually fixes itself. If it doesn't, you
    may need to reapply it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 09:45 AM
    If you used too much liquid it will take more then 2 day to clear
    11-23-09 10:11 AM
    Well Zaggs new policy is if you do a life time warranty claim you must ship back the entire IS in the mail with in 25 days, otherwise they charge you the full price. I personally dont like the new policy, it used to be if you purchased it at a store, you scan your reciept and it was complete. Not so easy now.
    11-23-09 05:02 PM
    I hate all those screen protectors that use liquid and stuff, because I had issues with those no matter what. Now, i just buy a 5 pack of generic ones fit for my screen on eBay for $3.99, and if one gets scratched, replace it. They look much cleaner and neater IMO.
    11-23-09 07:14 PM
    There is a zagg kiosk at my local mall. They said that the shield has a lifetime warranty and that once installed, you never have to pay to replace it. I didn't do such a good job installing my screen protector and they replaced it for just the $5 install fee.
    11-23-09 09:00 PM
    ...it seems Zagg claims "imperfections" should go away within 2-3 days, but said specs don't seem to be getting any better.

I installed an IS and due to my impatience, I left a lot of liquid and air filled bubbles under the film. I called Zagg and described the horrible mess I'd just made, and the Rep advised that the imperfections should eventually disappear after about a week or so. At this point, I became fascinated by the potential of this quasi science project. The bubbles and imperfections finally dissipated in about 3 weeks. After all's said and done, it looks perfect with no evidence of my incompetence. I found it amazing that the liquid could actually permeate the film and evaporate.

Patience is a virtue!
    11-24-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD