I am selling my Storm 1 and when I wiped my phone my pictures were still on the device. I saved them to my memory card, but they didn't seem to erase when I wiped my phone. I guess I can erase them manually, but is there any way to erase everything on the micro sd card so that when I sell the phone I know for sure it is clean and nobody gets my personal stuff??

Thanks in advance...
    11-23-09 12:05 AM
    Options > Memory > BB > Format
    11-23-09 12:06 AM
    Options > Security Options > Security Wipe and make sure "media card" is checked.
    11-23-09 12:07 AM
    Options > Memory > BB > Format
    Thanks for the info..
    11-23-09 10:00 AM
    Options > Security Options > Security Wipe and make sure "media card" is checked.
    Thanks for the response..
    11-23-09 10:00 AM
    You can also unload the SD card and format it on a PC/MAC.
    11-23-09 10:24 AM
    That won't erase the files, only the volume header and maybe the directories. It would be easy to retrieve most or all of the files.

You could put it in your camcorder, format it, then aim it at a wall and record in the highest-quality mode until the card is full. Even then, some things might be retrievable by someone with special equipment, but to most people that would be truly erased. There's no quick way, either it takes a long time or it's not erased.
    01-26-10 11:40 PM
    you need to download a software called eraser

it will delete the data and write something on the data block upto 35 times

its is also recommended that you encrypt the files on the SD card before using something like Eraser to make it more difficult to retrieve

these programmes are both freeware and dont take long to run
    01-27-10 02:35 AM
    There is no way to wipe flash memory because the drivers and devices are designed to minimize updates to the actual storage. Even if you use eraser or some other wiping product, there's no guarantee the I/O actually hits the device.

The only way to wipe flash memory is to destroy it physically.

On the other hand if you just don't want somebody else to see what files you had, you should format it a few times with a few different filesystems. That should make it tough for normal recovery programs to undelete your files. Or you could fill the whole thing with your Windows directory.

Or you could buy another cheap memory card to sell with your phone and keep yours for your new phone.

If you're really concerned about making sure nobody can get what you had on it, cut it in pieces and burn them.
    01-27-10 03:20 AM
    I am selling my Storm 1 and when I wiped my phone my pictures were still on the device. I saved them to my memory card, but they didn't seem to erase when I wiped my phone. I guess I can erase them manually, but is there any way to erase everything on the micro sd card so that when I sell the phone I know for sure it is clean and nobody gets my personal stuff??

Thanks in advance...
    Why don't you just keep the SD card and sell the phone? If you need to include an SD card with the phone just get a new one. After wiping the phone with BBSAK or the like you should rid of all the files in the phone.
    01-27-10 04:25 AM
    best Anwser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 04:54 AM
    I usuallly use my phone or a memory adapter and use my pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD