does anyone know of an app sim to google sky, (available on my friends droid)? cool app. shows the constalations real time as you look at the stars in the sky at night. would like to get for my storm.
    11-22-09 08:39 PM
    Never seen one for any phone other than the Android based devices.
    11-22-09 08:43 PM
    Yup, the best I could find was sky.google.com, which renders poorly both in Opera and in the BB Browser.
    11-22-09 09:10 PM
    I think its called starry night. I tried it a few months ago and it worked great. Don't know if it works o 5.0. Do a google search and you should find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 09:44 PM
    11-23-09 06:12 AM
    Dear Sultan,

Confused, you show 5253 posts, no thanks at all.....quite an accomplishment. You also show no smartphone device. A joke by you that I am missing?

FYI, iPhone had the application a year ago, way before Android, so thanks for the misinformation.

Never seen one for any phone other than the Android based devices.
    12-02-11 09:50 AM
    TheSultan is a valued member here. As well he was also a member before the silly "Thanks" button was implemented. Therefore he couldn't receive thanks back then because the thanks system did not exist.

He's since moved on from BlackBerry so probably doesn't post here much.

If you read his post history from 2008, you'll see he has helped and contributed to this forum tremendously.

Google Sky for Android and iPhone is an amazing app. There are no good equivalent for BlackBerry. At least none that work well. Starry Night is available but not nearly as good as Google Sky.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-02-11 at 09:59 AM.
    12-02-11 09:55 AM
    So the Sultan has moved on to something else, you are an Android user, but both feel the need to answer BB questions. Not questioning your knowledge, and I hate using the 'Fanboy' expression, but perhaps it's just time to go to your respective device boards.

TheSultan is a valued member here. As well he was also a member before the silly "Thanks" button was implemented. Therefore he couldn't receive thanks back then because the thanks system did not exist.

He's since moved on from BlackBerry so probably doesn't post here much.

If you read his post history from 2008, you'll see he has helped and contributed to this forum tremendously.

Google Sky for Android and iPhone is an amazing app. There are no good equivalent for BlackBerry. At least none that work well. Starry Night is available but not nearly as good as Google Sky.
    12-02-11 10:33 AM
    I use a BlackBerry. I have used Android and iPhone. What's your point?

Some folks use multiple devices. Work and personal. Just an FYI.
    12-02-11 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD