Anyone besides me having problems?? Or am I just being stupid figuring this out? I have purchased many many phones and I hate to say it but I can't figure out the 9700s battery cover. I normally open it slightly and use my nails to remove it but I feel this might damage the device eventually.
    11-22-09 04:19 PM
    Check out this video before you do something stupid like other members have and broken their screen

Video Tip: How to Remove the Battery Door from a BlackBerry Bold 9700 if it Does Not Want to Come Off Easily | CrackBerry.com
    11-22-09 04:20 PM
    Man. He makes it look so easy. Even following that I am still having problems. Wow.
    11-22-09 04:25 PM
    Anyone besides me having problems?? Or am I just being stupid figuring this out? I have purchased many many phones and I hate to say it but I can't figure out the 9700s battery cover. I normally open it slightly and use my nails to remove it but I feel this might damage the device eventually.
    LOL. If you watch Kevin's unboxing video on the 9700, you'll see that he had to struggle with that door for a couple of minutes to get it off.

Get QuickPull for refreshing your 9700 and don't worry about taking the door on and off.
    11-22-09 04:36 PM
    I havent got my 9700 yet but i think this may be a good thing that its hard to get off, i dont usually have to pull the battery or touch the SIM card or the SD card too often and would rather a more solid unit, the Bold 9000 has such a crappy battery door and hook/release to it that you can pull the top part out without even pushing the button at the bottom, it doesnt really fall off but it isnt very secure. i think that may be a good thing with the new one. like everyone else has said RIM still hasnt perfected the battery door as its different on every unit still, howeve id rather have the harder to get off more solid type than a wobbly one that can slide off when you dont want it to
    11-22-09 04:58 PM
    I've never had any battery door issues with any of my 9700's. If you need to pull the battery, press alt + right shift + delete
    11-22-09 05:04 PM
    I had problems getting it off the first time even watching the video. I couldnt get it off for the life of me. Now it comes off no problem but getting it off that first time was a bi***
    11-22-09 05:07 PM
    LOL. I spent a good 30 minutes struggling with the battery door when I got the 9700. Once I figured it out it hasn't been a problem since.

I was so scared of damaging the screen b/c I was REALLY laying into the thing after awhile. Try to apply more horizontal pressure (obviously) than vertical, if that makes sense.
    11-22-09 05:15 PM
    Put some WD40 on a Qtip and rub it along the side edges of the cover and where the cover meets the phone. Works like a charm
    11-22-09 05:58 PM
    My first 9700's Battery Door was a ***** to get off. Second one was as smooth as butter.
    11-22-09 06:26 PM
    Ah. I see it was a problem for most people the first time so that puts me at ease. Hopefully subsequent attempts become easier for me as well. Thanks for all the tips guys. This phone is truly beautiful.
    11-22-09 06:29 PM
    I have a different approach that works very well for me.

Place the phone on your left hand screen down so that the screen is resting on your fingers. Put your thumb over the BB on the battery door. Now, do the same thing w/ your right hand, so that they keyboard is resting over your right fingers & your right thumb is about an inch & a half away from your left thumb. Using short, gentle down & across movements, remove the battery cover w/ your thumbs. I hope I explained this right.
    11-22-09 07:32 PM
    i agree! it was hard getting the battery cover off. took me a good 15min to get it haha. but i followed the video and it worked.
    11-23-09 02:06 AM
    Yeah... I still maintain that door is tricky, and definitely harder on some phones than others. Mine, for example, compared to my co-worker's. I'll actually take mine being hard to remove, vs. hers that almost feels like it will fall off if she farts hard enough with it on her hip. I watched the videos and all that - still tricky getting it off. But definitely not difficult enough to warrant me cracking the screen trying to do so. lol
    11-23-09 02:22 AM
    I'm actually kinda OK with the door being difficult to remove. The door on my Bold was so wobbly that I actually got a skin just so that the feel of it moving wouldnt annoy me. With this one and the apparent resolution of the memory issues, I don't see myself needing to get it open very much at all.
    I've been trying that alt+shift+delete thing but for some reason my fingers don't want to cooperate very well. Will continue to practice.
    11-23-09 03:10 AM
    Never had any issues about taking the battery door of my 9700...in fact i found it quite easy but i like the fact that its a pretty snug fit.

The way i do mine is hold the phone facing downwards...and push the battery door away from me...and it comes off pretty easily...putting it back on is a bit of a pain though lol.
    11-23-09 07:50 AM
    I had NO problems at all either getting it off or putting it on.
    11-23-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD