Wirefly is reporting the following deal on the ATT 9700 for Black Friday:

BlackBerry Bold 9700 (AT&T):
    FREE for new AT&T customers and $29.99 for upgrading subscribers 11/27-11/30 Plus Free Activation
    Direct URL is: Black Friday Alert: BlackBerry Storm2 only 99 cents at Wirefly | Wirefly Learn
    11-22-09 02:25 PM
    Better read the fine print! Check on warranty/exchage issues - if you have problems, I dont think you can take it to an AT&T store for assistance. But I may be wrong here.....
    11-22-09 02:29 PM
    Anyone ever bought from Wirefly before? I never had. Do you have to have an upgrade to be able to order it?
    11-22-09 03:12 PM
    Awww you guys are lucky... I paid $229 - $50 gift card = $179 CAD for it as a new activation...
    11-22-09 03:25 PM
    I bought my Bold 9000 from WireFly last December on a subsidized promotion via ETrade. I've not had any problems whatsoever. However, the ATT corporate store will not take the device in trade nor for service exchange.

Nonetheless, when speaking with ATT's tech support about the profusion of dropped voice calls, they did offer to exchange the handset with a refurbed unit. As all the advanced internal diagnostics on my handset pass the tests just fine, and the dropped calls problem is very common in ATT's infrastructure, I declined their offer to switch to a refurbed handset.

WireFly is also the online distributor for purchases via NewEgg and others. They are authorized resellers for all the carriers.
    11-22-09 03:57 PM
    Awww you guys are lucky... I paid $229 - $50 gift card = $179 CAD for it as a new activation...
    Don't beat yourself up. That's not a bad deal.
    11-22-09 03:59 PM
    But do I have to have an upgrade available on my account? I see that they offer two prices for the phone. I don't currently have an upgrade though.
    11-22-09 05:36 PM
    Any in store Black friday deal for new customers ?
    11-22-09 05:51 PM
    if you buy from wirefly you'll need to be on the 900 minute plan or more. They won't renew your contract if you only have a 450 minute plan.
    11-23-09 10:41 PM
    Wirefly sucks. Don't do it. Slow and rude and the advertised price is not what they were telling me on the phone I would have to pay.
    11-27-09 12:06 AM
    Was thinking about switching from sprint and the tour to att and the bold. I used to have att and the 3g coverage in orlando is great sprint sucks here.

Anyone else thinking about doing this? It would be 19.99 for me bc I would get overnight shipping

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 04:28 AM
    But do I have to have an upgrade available on my account? I see that they offer two prices for the phone. I don't currently have an upgrade though.
    You can get an 'exception upgrade' for the 2yr contract price (for me $50 after MIR) + $75. This can only be done at the store. U keep ur old phone. I was 4 months into a 2yr contract with a bold 9000 and did this to get the 9700. Sold my bold 9000 on CL locally for $150 to cover my out of pocket.

11-27-09 04:44 AM
    11-27-09 05:01 AM
    How reliable is Letstalk.com? This would be the best deal for me.

Early termination from my family plan = 175, + cheapest bill at 70 per month

Total spending of around 1600 for a bold 2. what do you think?
    11-27-09 05:35 AM
    god i don't think there's any way I can NOT do the letstalk one

why pay $299 - $100 MIR if you can just get the phone for free?

I'm going to order a new line from letstalk with at&T and then once it arrives I'm going to have my phone number moved from my current account to the new one and cancel the old one with the $75 ETF. That'll save me at least $125 and the hassle of a MIR.
    Last edited by pooger; 11-27-09 at 05:47 AM.
    11-27-09 05:38 AM
    Anyone ever bought from Wirefly before? I never had. Do you have to have an upgrade to be able to order it?
    I bought a BlackBerry Bold from Wirefly over a year ago and it was a good experience. The devices are cheap and they come to you next day. I never had any issues with my Bold. The only catch is that you have to keep the device for at least six months before you cancel your contract. But if you are getting the 9700, I don't think you will be returning it before the six months. You still have 30 days to return it if you don't like it. I would say go forvit. It's free! Not too many free deals for a device that has just been released and of the caliber of the new Bold.

11-27-09 06:07 AM
    So from either Wirefly or Letstalk, all I have to pay is the monthly fee of at least $70 (calls, text, and data)? The device is just going to arrive just for free at my doorstep? What the ****?!

Is there anything I must be aware of other than the "must keep for six months"?
    11-27-09 06:17 AM
    Don't go to Wirefly (at least not for the best Black Friday Deal).

I am completely out-of-contract, went to letstalk to renew my contract to take advantage of their black friday sale.

Not only was I able to get the 9700 for FREE with instant savings, but UNLIKE wirefly, I was able to keep my same $39.99 plan on AT&T without upgrading and spending more on more minutes I don't need. At wirefly, if I wanted the 9700 for a contract renewal, it was $29.99 and I would've had to upgrade to a $59.99 plan because the $39.99 wasn't listed.

PLUS, for free, letstalk also threw in the Blackberry Bluetooth Stero Gateway.

letstalk.com is definitely the better deal. My cart was $0 and I've got the PDF receipt to prove it.
    11-27-09 06:39 AM
    "I'm going to order a new line from letstalk with at&T and then once it arrives I'm going to have my phone number moved from my current account to the new one and cancel the old one with the $75 ETF. That'll save me at least $125 and the hassle of a MIR."

Careful! I think ATT (or anyone) can port a number from another carrier over to you, but ATT can't port one of their own numbers from one account over to another. I got bitten by this 2 years ago when I bought a pearl through amazon. I was amazed but ultimately screwed. Maybe they can now but be sure!
    11-27-09 09:12 AM
    My plan is...
    Selling my tour on CL, cxling my sprint contract with the money from the tour , then usuing letstalk.com and having it overnighted for 14.95.

Not bad for a new bold

11-27-09 10:19 AM
    Anyone know the 2 year upgrade price if you're not the primary user on a family plan? I've tried calling them but i've been on hold over an hour now. thanks.
    11-27-09 12:01 PM
    Last night I ordered the 9700 to upgrade my ATT plan for $29.99. When I went to pick my plan, It would not allow me to pick the plan I currently have but forced me to a higher rate plan. Today I received an email from Wirefly saying I needed to call before they could ship my phone. When I called I was informed that since I have 2 lines, I have to take a different rate plan that was almost $100 a month. I was not upgrading both lines just one but I could not have the plan I selected or the current plan I have. I canceled it. It is a scam and ATT should be ashamed.
    11-27-09 12:50 PM
    Anyone know the 2 year upgrade price if you're not the primary user on a family plan? I've tried calling them but i've been on hold over an hour now. thanks.
    That's the same situation I am in, but my contract just got renewed 4-6 months ago. I've left my contacts on their site and also tried calling them, but I have yet to speak to a rep. I am wondering if we can sort out something like an exception upgrade that I've seen others mention here.
    11-27-09 02:06 PM
    Here is the deal with Letstalk. Make sure you know what you want and what you are ordering because if you screw up and need to interface with a human it will be a pain in the ***. The customer service people are for ****.

BTW: I beleive there is functionality for porting your old phone number over to your new phone when you place an order with them. You can also use your old sim card too. Just make sure you call ATT and give them the new IEMI number.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-27-09 at 03:09 PM.
    11-27-09 03:04 PM
    Geez, isn't there ANY kind of deal for people who are not eligible for an upgrade with ATT? I was with Tmobile for years and anytime I wanted to they would let me upgrade. I had to keep extending my contract, of course, but that was okay. ATT won't let me do a dang thing until next August. Sucks.
    11-27-09 03:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD