WireFly is reporting this deal on the Storm2 for Black Friday:

BlackBerry Storm2 (Verizon Wireless):
    $.99 ($9.99 Saturday through Monday) for new Verizon customers and $29.99 for upgrading subscribers on Black Friday (24 hour sale) Plus Free Activation
    Direct URL is: Black Friday Alert: BlackBerry Storm2 only 99 cents at Wirefly | Wirefly Learn
    11-22-09 02:24 PM
    Pretty crazy deal.
    11-22-09 02:44 PM
    Thats an insane deal right there.
    11-22-09 03:07 PM
    i wish verizon was doing the same sale =[ too bad i can't use my NE2 credit with wirefly =[
    11-22-09 03:24 PM
    i wish verizon was doing the same sale =[ too bad i can't use my NE2 credit with wirefly =[
    I wish to but i highly doubt it
    11-22-09 03:33 PM
    This deal seems great but here is what I want to do. Buy the phone from Wirefly, port my AT&T number to it, then combine the line from Wirefly with an existing Verizon line into a family plan. Any idea if I can do that? Thanks for the help.
    11-22-09 03:36 PM
    I did a quick BBB of www.wirefly dot com and got this report.

BBB of Washington DC & Eastern PA: BBB Reliability Report

Read the link and then make your decision.
    11-22-09 03:55 PM
    Why would you need the NE2 credit if your getting the phone for ~$30???? Either way you are saving a TON more than if you got it from VZW.
    11-22-09 04:45 PM
    I did a quick BBB of www.wirefly dot com and got this report.

BBB of Washington DC & Eastern PA: BBB Reliability Report

Read the link and then make your decision.
    haha.....looks like you will get the non working store demo if you get anything at all!!! Gotta love that!

If you read the BBB report it does say that after they filed Chapter 11 they were bought out and restructured. I'm sure the new owners kept the wirefly.com domain.
    11-22-09 05:48 PM
    I wouldnt touch wiefly with a 10 foot pole
    11-22-09 06:33 PM
    I wouldnt touch wiefly with a 10 foot pole
    I must admit I didn't trust Wirefly at first but I can't complain about the one transaction I had about 2 years ago.
    11-22-09 07:53 PM
    although wirefly's reputation on bbb isn't stellar bbb is BS
    i've worked at a company where we had a 'F' grade from bbb
    they contacted us and offered us an 'A' for a small fee
    11-22-09 08:09 PM
    Ill be honest I don't understand how the company works. I get an S2 cheap from them then pay my bill to Verizon, how do they make any money?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 08:56 PM
    Wirefly isn't bad. As long as you sign up with the plan and addons that you want and DON'T change ANYTHING for 6 months - than your golden.
    11-22-09 08:57 PM
    Ill be honest I don't understand how the company works. I get an S2 cheap from them then pay my bill to Verizon, how do they make any money?

They get bulk discounts as they buy and sell a TON more phones. The carriers actually work with Wirefly and other sites. Wirefly is no different then the cell store here on CBerry, and others like Walmart. They all require you to sign 2 contracts. 1 with the carrier and 1 with them. The 1 with them is for 6 months. This states that you can't stop service, change your phone, or do anything for 6 months or they will charge you $200 to $300 if you break their separate contract.

Carriers do this because sites like these "bait" or "snag" new customers a LOT FASTER than the carrier can due to these sites insanely cheap deals. So in the long run the carriers make a ton more money since they get more customers than they would have simply do to the fact the customers do not pay high prices on the phones from the start.

Wirefly/CBerry/Neregg/Amazon, etc all do this the same way.
    11-22-09 09:01 PM
    I was told by Verizon CS that they would charge me a ETF because it wouldn't technically be an upgrade. Its a cancellation and then new service with Wirefly. I tried to confirm this with Wirefly CS but I couldn't get past the language barrer. Their CS is in India. Can anyone confirm this because it's a deal breaker for me.
    11-22-09 09:10 PM
    I was told by Verizon CS that they would charge me a ETF because it wouldn't technically be an upgrade. Its a cancellation and then new service with Wirefly. I tried to confirm this with Wirefly CS but I couldn't get past the language barrer. Their CS is in India. Can anyone confirm this because it's a deal breaker for me.
    Is your contract up with Verizon? You can only use Wirefly for a new account, or to upgrade IF your done with your contract. You can NOT early upgrade like you can with Verizon.
    11-22-09 09:31 PM
    They get bulk discounts as they buy and sell a TON more phones. The carriers actually work with Wirefly and other sites. Wirefly is no different then the cell store here on CBerry, and others like Walmart. They all require you to sign 2 contracts. 1 with the carrier and 1 with them. The 1 with them is for 6 months. This states that you can't stop service, change your phone, or do anything for 6 months or they will charge you $200 to $300 if you break their separate contract.

Carriers do this because sites like these "bait" or "snag" new customers a LOT FASTER than the carrier can due to these sites insanely cheap deals. So in the long run the carriers make a ton more money since they get more customers than they would have simply do to the fact the customers do not pay high prices on the phones from the start.

Wirefly/CBerry/Neregg/Amazon, etc all do this the same way.
    Wow thanks for the great explanation. I never knew how that worked. And is it true that you cannot early upgrade at any of these places?

11-22-09 09:46 PM
    Wow thanks for the great explanation. I never knew how that worked. And is it true that you cannot early upgrade at any of these places?
    For what it's worth, I got the early upgrade through the CrackBerry store. Not sure if they have the same policies as a place like WireFly, but it is possible to do an early upgrade through a place other than Verizon.
    11-22-09 10:13 PM
    Is your contract up with Verizon? You can only use Wirefly for a new account, or to upgrade IF your done with your contract. You can NOT early upgrade like you can with Verizon.
    Nope, my contract isn't up. That's kind of what I was thinking but you confirmed it. Thanks.
    11-22-09 10:28 PM
    i just talked to a guy at wirefly and he said as long as your contact is 22 months or more there will be no ETF. i am going to make the move to the storm 2 from a windows UGH! but if i can get it for 30 ill jsut wait the few more days. or is it really not worth the hassle at wirefly and i can get it at walmart online for 80.
    11-23-09 03:24 PM
    i just talked to a guy at wirefly and he said as long as your contact is 22 months or more there will be no ETF. i am going to make the move to the storm 2 from a windows UGH! but if i can get it for 30 ill jsut wait the few more days. or is it really not worth the hassle at wirefly and i can get it at walmart online for 80.
    80 anytime or 80 on black Friday? That's a sweet deal Thanks
    11-23-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD