I know its difficult to compare the two phones but right now I have the Tour and I love it. Lately I have been getting bored with it though. The Droid seems like the next best thing and it has caught my interest.

I played with the Droid for about an hour yesterday and it seems really cool. I was hoping someone could compare the battery life between the two phones. I have been getting mixed reviews and i dont know how to judge them.

I am very interested in getting the Droid. I think the keyboard will grow on me. The rest of the phone just seems equal or better to the Tour. Any feedback is welcome.
    11-22-09 12:37 PM
    I know its difficult to compare the two phones but right now I have the Tour and I love it. Lately I have been getting bored with it though. The Droid seems like the next best thing and it has caught my interest.

I played with the Droid for about an hour yesterday and it seems really cool. I was hoping someone could compare the battery life between the two phones. I have been getting mixed reviews and i dont know how to judge them.

I am very interested in getting the Droid. I think the keyboard will grow on me. The rest of the phone just seems equal or better to the Tour. Any feedback is welcome.
    i have a droid now an its a pretty badass phone, i came from a 8900 curve and after having the droid for almost a week now i kinda feel like all the hype is gone for me and all the cool things it can do i dont really use, so ive been thinking of selling or trading it an getting a BB tour cause its probably the best BB verizon has right now
    11-22-09 12:48 PM
    I get about 12 hours with droidy. About the same that I got with my tour. Since getting my droidy haven't touched my tour. Amazing device. I got really bored with my tour so we were in the same boat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 12:49 PM
    Dont get me wrong I absolutely love my Tour. I thought OS 5.0 would maybe change things for me and make it more exciting but it really hasnt. Other than battery life I am trying to figure out what I am giving up by getting the Droid.

Only thing I can think of would be email.
    11-22-09 12:51 PM
    PS3 vs Gamecube would be a compareable comparison

In all seriousness though. I think the Droid is far more superior than any BB currently on the market
    11-22-09 12:55 PM
    i have a droid now an its a pretty badass phone, i came from a 8900 curve and after having the droid for almost a week now i kinda feel like all the hype is gone for me and all the cool things it can do i dont really use, so ive been thinking of selling or trading it an getting a BB tour cause its probably the best BB verizon has right now
    Can you please clarify for everyone which "droid" you have because your profile says Eris? With all due respect, there are differences between the Eris and the Moto Droid.
    11-22-09 12:58 PM
    Mines moto what I like about Android is that they care about fixing problems fast. Blackberry does not care. And the future of android. Is promising and BB future isn't that great.

11-22-09 01:12 PM
    Yea the Eris is like the girl down the street lol

11-22-09 01:16 PM
    My problem is that I would have to sell my Tour and then find a "dumbphone" so i can use my sister's upgrade on the droid. I dont know if this will happen
    11-22-09 01:17 PM
    Or you could aways just add a line. Trust me if you get the Droid you will not worry about that obsolete tour again

11-22-09 01:20 PM
    Or you could aways just add a line. Trust me if you get the Droid you will not worry about that obsolete tour again

i think i have reached the limit on my family plan. we already have 5 phones. only one is up for an upgrade. like i said, they would need a dumbphone in order for me to take the upgrade :/
    11-22-09 01:22 PM

I don't get your reference? Is the girl down the street smokin hot?
    11-22-09 01:24 PM
    If you're interested in trading for a Tour PM me.

11-22-09 01:33 PM
    no like she is a side girl for verizon

11-22-09 01:34 PM
    I have been thinking almost the oposite of you. I have the hero but I'm considering the tour 2 when it comes out. I came from a blackberry and I just love the messaging on there. Tough desicions

11-22-09 01:35 PM
    trust me after going android you wont want to go to back to BB buts your decision. I am just saying after using my droid for a few you wont be interested in the BB old OS and lack or productive apps. Stronger gps. the droid is just amazing. I havent even touched my laptop.

11-22-09 01:49 PM

ha : )

I had to charge my Tour 2x/day minimum

Droid 1x/day at night

same usage patterns obviously.

No comparison between the Tour and Droid. The Droid is a whole other animal.
    11-22-09 01:50 PM
    ha : )

I had to charge my Tour 2x/day minimum

Droid 1x/day at night

same usage patterns obviously.

No comparison between the Tour and Droid. The Droid is a whole other animal.
    say word. lol

11-22-09 01:53 PM
    I had a similar dilemma. I'm on Sprint, so the Motorola Droid was an option; however, I switched for the HTC Hero Android phone (same as Verizon's HTC Eris). I'm so happy, I'm never looking back. I had an 8330 curve for a little over a year before getting the tour... blech. Basically, I felt like the Tour was the exact same phone, albeit with a better screen. Additionally, I was on my 5th tour because I kept getting defective ones.

If you do switch, you should check out Sell Your Blackberry for Cash, Used or Broken, Cash For Your Blackberry, Sell my Blackberry, Broken Blackberry, Used Blackberry, New Blackberry - CashForBerrys.com. They bought my Tour and gave me $250 for it. Made switching that much easier. I love Android and I love my Hero. As far as messaging goes -- big deal -- I just got all my friends who have blackberries to install google talk on their phones and now we message just like before.
    11-23-09 02:10 AM
    I just checked out that site to sell my Storm and they quoted me $35 bucks. What a rip off!
    11-23-09 02:32 AM
    This is a tough forum to post the question you're asking. It's about your priorities.

I for one am considering the exact opposite. I've been a BB guy for years now. Now, don't get me wrong, the Eris that I have is VERY nice. However, for me, there's a few things I have to consider.

1. I'm a guy that travels the entire East coast for work (From PA down to AL). I rely on my phone to get messages and have the ability to turn messages around quickly.

2. My work email is a Yahoo account. Which you have to set up manually in Droid and it does NOT push "like" blackberry. Yes, it will send you an email notification and yes, you can see it, but it's not nearly as responsive and quick as BB. Just isn't.

3. I have a LOT of friends that use Facebook to communicate. There is NO push FB app on Droid (or at least the Eris). Yes, it will give you some update notifications, but it's not real time push like BB.

4. I miss my Repligo app that allowed me to fax six page documents to a person in mere minutes while sitting in their office. I missed being able to do that from anywhere frankly.

Advantages of the Droid Eris...

1. I LOVE the virtual keyboard. It's awesome and with the predictive and corrective texts I fly on it. The Storm that I used to have was awful for that in portrait mode.

2. I don't admit to being an abuser of cell phone use in a car, but when you avg. almost 1700 miles a week... It's going to happen from time to time, and the virtual keyboard and the almost impossible nature in which you misspell words on it sucked. The Eris cleaned that up.

3. The User interface is second to none. Total eye-candy with complete functionality. Smooth. Clean and for the folks that enjoyed the weather icons on BB homescreens, the weather animations and app on Droid (or at least in the Sense UI) make BB look archaic. haha... Really nice feature.

I'm really torn. I've had the Eris since the 8th of November and I feel I've given it a proper test drive. I'm a "VIP" with Verizon (no, that's not me tooting my horn, just a program they have for those that don't know), so I don't have to pay any restock fees.

Comes down to communication and how much I care about being in the loop in real time. BB gives that to me. Droid does...sorta. Sorta doesn't cut it for me with my job.

So, I believe I'll give up the fancy Porsche, and pick up my new and at least better looking Taurus today...and head back to the Tour.

Anyway...longwinded, but I hope it at least gives another perspective... If Android comes out with push with Yahoo, FB and gets on real time like BB and iPhone... I'll be back. Two accounts...one with new every two right now...the other in 8 mos. haha...

Take care all!
    11-23-09 06:55 AM
    I had a similar dilemma. I'm on Sprint, so the Motorola Droid was an option; however, I switched for the HTC Hero Android phone (same as Verizon's HTC Eris). I'm so happy, I'm never looking back. I had an 8330 curve for a little over a year before getting the tour... blech. Basically, I felt like the Tour was the exact same phone, albeit with a better screen. Additionally, I was on my 5th tour because I kept getting defective ones.

If you do switch, you should check out Sell Your Blackberry for Cash, Used or Broken, Cash For Your Blackberry, Sell my Blackberry, Broken Blackberry, Used Blackberry, New Blackberry - CashForBerrys.com. They bought my Tour and gave me $250 for it. Made switching that much easier. I love Android and I love my Hero. As far as messaging goes -- big deal -- I just got all my friends who have blackberries to install google talk on their phones and now we message just like before.
    yeah that only gave me a quote of $125 for my Tour.
    11-23-09 08:18 AM
    yeah that only gave me a quote of $125 for my Tour.
    last week the quote was 250. I guess they relized they dont want to give that much for the tour lol. I have the prepaid envelope that they sent me but i am not going to sell it for 125.
    11-23-09 08:49 AM
    It is really up to you if you think the switch is worth it.

I can tell you from personal experience though my opinion. I've been using BBs for a long time, my most recent being the Tour and the Storm2. I got the Eris and I liked the Android OS much better than BB but I knew my Tour and my Storm were there on the backburner just in case I changed my mind and went back to BB.

Then I got the Motorola Droid after playing with my friend's, and I actually forgot that I even still had the BBs.

Aside from the email taking a few minutes instead of instant, I do not regret the switch. The Motorla Droid is a beast and it runs much smoother than my Tour so far.

And it seems like Google is on top of things when it comes to support and OS fixes because they already scheduled two OTA updates for December 11th and January 22nd.
    11-23-09 09:01 AM
    I have both and I can't honestly leave either b/c both have the functionality that I need.

Droid for games and internet.
    Tour for messaging and hotmail.

Both have awesome call quality which is most important to me. I do get a little better battery life from Tour though. I need to charge the droid daily while I can go almost 2 days with the Tour.

11-23-09 09:46 AM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD