Knew this day was comming. Taking my BB Tour back to VZW tomorrow. I love it and might cry. lol. I was trying to go wireless using my Tour as modem. After the tornado blew our tower down in April, our signal sucked. VZW finally got it up and running again last week, saw great signal strength improvement, but not enough. My Tour Modem is not fast enough and drops out sometime. Man do I hate that. Loved my BB. But facts are facts, its just not strong or fast enough. Must say that I have gotten a lot of info and help from this site and the kind people using it, thanks to all. I will not be leaving, I enjoy reading the post, who knows, maybe I can have another BB some day. Going back to just cell phone service will really suck, but thats life. Have to stay within my budget for phone and internet service, thethering would have been the best choice if it worked. It was not the lowest price, about 15 bucks higher than the other choice, but better we thought. Well that's enough crying in my beer. Just remember, I will be watching so keep it clean. lol.
    Again, Thanks to all and good night.

trickydoc

Wayne Hulgan
    11-22-09 10:49 AM
    So long and best of luck to you. I feel your pain at leaving BB. Life is tough love sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 11:15 AM
    yea man BB's are good phones, but aren't cheap. good luck.
    11-22-09 01:40 PM
    Why not try tetherberry? One time fee and I get better speed through it than I did on vzaccess. They give a 7 day demo period, try it out. Also when the VZW reps jump on here and start with the ..you will get charged nonsense...bs.. as you can order it right through verizons app store from the phone. Good luck getting me to pay any overages. That is, unless the 30 a month data plan for bis is the straw that breaks the camels back, in which case tetherberry wont help much.
    11-22-09 02:54 PM
    Why not try tetherberry? One time fee and I get better speed through it than I did on vzaccess. They give a 7 day demo period, try it out. Also when the VZW reps jump on here and start with the ..you will get charged nonsense...bs.. as you can order it right through verizons app store from the phone. Good luck getting me to pay any overages. That is, unless the 30 a month data plan for bis is the straw that breaks the camels back, in which case tetherberry wont help much.
    For your viewing pleasure... all of you who believe that VZW doesn't have recourse against you in the event they catch you using Tetherberry, read below please. If you don't pay they'll cancel your account for non-payment, send you to collections, hit your credit report with a derogatory entry and, ultimately, sue you if you still fail to pay. I'm not, again, slamming TB, but please, for your own sake... BUYER BEWARE!
    EDIT: So it's hard to read... the URL is Enter your location

The specific language is: "Internet Access
    Mobile Office Kits, PC Cards, PDAs or other wireless modem devices may not be used for Internet access without a subscription to select VZEmail or VZAccess plans."
    11-22-09 03:14 PM
    And again I'll state ....THEY SELL IT ON THEIR OWN APP SITE. Good luck getting someone to pay overages for an app you clearly approved of since you sell it yourself.
    11-22-09 03:31 PM
    And again I'll state ....THEY SELL IT ON THEIR OWN APP SITE. Good luck getting someone to pay overages for an app you clearly approved of since you sell it yourself.
    Pics or screenshot please.
    11-22-09 03:43 PM
    Launch BB browser, VZ Homepage, get apps, get apps for fun or work, software catalog, communication, other and ...wait for it.....Very first app listed....TETHERBERRY! Like I said, good luck charging me since I bought right through their site just for this very reason.

Edit, went ahead and pulled a screenshot for you:

Last edited by w1z4rd; 11-22-09 at 05:09 PM.
    11-22-09 03:50 PM
    Also, Tetherberry is the second best selling app in that app store!
    11-22-09 05:13 PM
    yeppers it is. So one would think that Verizon HAS to be aware we are using it since it's a: sold by them and b: their second highest income on ota app sales
    11-22-09 05:17 PM
    Interesting! i didn't know VZW sold it on their site. i guess they can't say it's againt TOS. i think it was the same with streaming media a while ago. Then VZW started pushing Slacker to our BlackBerry.

Thanks for that screen shot!

11-22-09 05:32 PM
    Yeah thats what I think too. Can't sell it and then say "we don't allow it."
    11-22-09 06:04 PM
    thanks for the thought, already tried thetherberry, and it was quite simple but no faster. and not any better with my signal strength.
    Handango is not owned by VZW, it is just another App store. If you call VZW and ask for support for any app purchased there, you will not get it. As for slacker etc. same thing goes, yes they push it to the device, but it will not be supported by VZW in anyway. Amazing what agreements will do.

TOS trumps app stores.
    Sorry but I disagree, and so would any small claims court judge. Verizon brands handangos app store, or allows use of their brand at the very least, pushes it out to every bb they sell, and in doing so assumes liability for ANY app that violates their t.o.s.
    11-22-09 06:09 PM
    Sorry but I disagree, and so would any small claims court judge. Verizon brands handangos app store, or allows use of their brand at the very least, pushes it out to every bb they sell, and in doing so assumes liability for ANY app that violates their t.o.s.
    True, let me clarify. Slacker and apps pushed are being allowed by VZW. Tetherberry is not pushed out and who knows, maybe handago is using the branding in a not so kosher way for this application. Like Christy said, times they are changing and I will what info I might come across. There was a time where any streaming on VZW was a TOS violation.
    11-22-09 06:14 PM
    Yes but my original statement still holds true. The access to handango is through a verizon "pushed" home page and a verizon branded "get apps" page that links to a verizon branded handango app store. No judge would allow that, period. Should they ever charge my account I will certainly file a claim in my local small claims court and let a judge decide it.
    11-22-09 06:27 PM
    maybe I'm crazy... but perhaps Verizon sells this for the people who have the proper plans to tether but want a simpler solution?

Verizon could use the arguement that they dont authorize this app on non pam plans.
    11-22-09 06:49 PM
    Why would anyone buy Tetherberry for $50 AND pay VZW th monthly fee to tether. That's not a simple solution. Tethering with VZW is easy. Tetherberry is just a better deal since it's a one time fee.

Hey, how do i get to the VZW store on my BlackBerry? i dnt have the page book marked or saved anywhere. i'd like to take a screen shot and save it.

11-22-09 07:05 PM
    open browser, bb menu, go to, on the start screen the top bookmark should be home page blackberry bookmarks, click on it then on the vzw today page it opens, click get apps
    11-22-09 07:18 PM
    i must have deleted it. Can you paste the link?

11-22-09 07:29 PM
    11-22-09 07:52 PM
    Thanks for posting the link. i took some screen shots to save.

11-23-09 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD