Just looking for some feedback here... as my TMO contract is not eligible for a full discount until August 2010 (although a rep said on Friday it should be on Feb. '10... oh well ).

My dilemma is, should I wait until August and see what shiny and new BB arrives by then, or should I let the "new gadget bug" take control and go for a Bold 9700 or even maybe an unlocked Storm 2? My 8320 Curve is a great device, but I have outgrown it long ago.

I have also been curious about Android devices, but not so much as to actually consider switching from BB to Android.

Any thoughts?
    11-22-09 10:17 AM
    I'm planning on trying Android when the new HTC comes out for verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 11:08 AM
    I left the the htc touch pro , for the 8330 and i love it , not alot of hacking to do , just app's that is new to me .
    11-22-09 11:12 AM
    I am about to leave BB, my HTC Hero should arrive on Tuesday
    11-22-09 11:24 AM
    I have my eyes set on the 9700 currently... but, if price is a deal breaker, I am wondering what other BBs will be arriving by summer '10.
    11-23-09 08:07 PM
    I would say that you cannot go wrong. I mean.. In Febuary (August) there will be new phones coming out soon as well. You really cannot choose a good time. BlackBerry is always making new phones.

11-23-09 09:43 PM
    new models are being released about every 6 month or so.
    IMHO it's pointless to chase for every update, better if you settle with something you really happy with for a while
    11-24-09 09:54 AM
    new models are being released every 6 months .. so if you can wait till august you'll have the latest BB.. otherwise get hold of the 9700.. it's the hottest right now
    11-24-09 10:19 AM
    I'm debating about about going to the sprint store right now to replace my 8330m with a BB Tour (is this wise?). I say if you want an upgrade now, go get one, but always remember that as you're cashing out, the new phones are being put on the shelf. You'll always be kicking yourself for not waiting.

11-24-09 12:25 PM
    But next to the Storm 2 and the 9700, what else is there for BBs for next year? I guess more storage, more refining, but nothing really new and revolutionary... so getting one now would be a good decision if price is not a constraint.
    11-24-09 11:20 PM
    Hopefully they tweak the browser. LoL. Who knows what new things lurk around the corner in this world of technology advancements. Hopefully, we all get a HUGE surprise! MUAH! Something we NEVER, EVER expected!
    11-24-09 11:40 PM
    Hopefully they do!
    11-25-09 10:46 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I have the Curve and my contract it come to an end. I like the Storm2, but I also like the physical keyboard. I just updated my curve with a new Theme that looks like the bold. Gives me that "new" look without locking myself into a new phone/contract yet. I'm waiting to see what comes out next year and then maybe take the plunge. For now, i'm happy with the Curve and it works for everything I need.
    Jumping into a new phone is just because I want something new. Bad thing is that the current BB's are basically the same thing in a fancy wrapper. I'm waiting for the next gen BB's or at least a new Browser.
    11-25-09 01:52 PM
    In my case, another reason is that I have outgrown the 8320 specs. I'd like more memory, faster processor speed, etc. Plus, the chance to use OS 5 appeals to me also.

Maybe I can go to a store and ask nicely again... I did read on the newspaper today that the $199 price applies to qualified upgrades... mine is due in less than a month... c'mon... please TMo... LOL!
    11-25-09 06:47 PM
    To update this thread, a TMO phone rep said yesterday that my 22-month period is due on Dec. 21.... I was like, what!!??? And that possible price on the 9700 would be around $300 with the full discount.... which would still make eBay or or another vendor site a more favorable option...

I guess I could go tomorrow and ask nicely... but knowing how customer service is in PR stores, I doubt I will be lucky.
    11-26-09 07:20 PM
    in 12 days im ditching this god awful piece of **** known as a blackberry for the droid on verizon.. cannot wait
    11-26-09 08:38 PM
    Has your experience been THAT bad??
    11-26-09 09:15 PM
    lets just say theres nothing that excites me about having a blackberry.

it doesnt seem to do anything good, except email. im only speaking off experiences with my curve though. the storms are garbage but ive heard good things from my friends who use the tour
    11-26-09 09:18 PM
    Oh, ok, so, good luck with the Droid, it seems like a nice device also!
    11-26-09 10:09 PM
    I would call customer service up and tell them that you would love to upgrade another 2 years to a new Blackberry Bold 9700 or something but you are being made to wait til Dec. And say is there anything you could do to help a loyal customer out? Worth a try? I worked for 6 1/2 years as a store manager for cingular/at&t so I have see them allow people to upgrade sooner, I have allowed people to upgrade sooner. It all boils down to commission with them. They know they make money off you by signing you to a new 2 year contract, I don't see why they can't bump you up a month? Good Luck on your Decision!
    11-26-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks, I will give it a try. The thing with Puerto Rico's TMO is that upgrades have to be done in-store, and the staff is basically the same as the one they had back when it was SunCom. I guess a call to CS and locking a price with notes on the system would be the best way. Or i can try the new store that is opening next to my place (don't know if they will open tomorrow at last) and see what I can get.

Again, thanks!
    11-26-09 10:26 PM
    I finally got a 9700 Bold using my discount. Great device!!!
    01-05-10 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD