Who else has fallen out of love with their 9700 due to build defects?

I noticed after about the forth day, my trackbpad wiggly every so slightly if I scroll down on it. Its not much ... in fact its very slight, but I can feel the movement and hear the "clicky", and feel the plastic-on-plastic grating sometimes.

Personally I came from the Sidekicks, and after having Sidekicks for SEVEN YEARS I can tell you I was tired of the crappy build quality -- the phone would break catastrophically after about a year, be it the trackball not registering a scroll in a certain direction anymore, or the flipping screen shorting out and losing backlight..... the 9700 was supposed to be my escape from crappy build quality, and now four days after purchase the trackpad is giving out.

And I personally KNEW it had problems, I saw the tilted trackpad youtube video, so I made it a point to be gentle on it. I mean RIM is too big to let something like that be so common place on their devices, right? I Never apply a lot of pressure, never press down on any corner on it .... but it still started to wiggle. Is this the lot of the early adopters? Paying 200 dollars to be punished with build quality errors because RIM's quality assurance can't do its job?

I don't even really touch the 9700 much anymore cause I just know the trackpad is going to get worse with extended use. Its a crying shame. :-p

P.S. - If I got you singing "I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you..." in your head, then my evil plan is complete.
    11-22-09 08:22 AM
    Well first off, I did fall for your plan. I saw the title, started singing the song, and now I have it stuck in my head. I'm gonna be purchasing my 9700 today from AT&T so I hope that I don't haver any problems like that.

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost withoooout you..... Haha ok I'm done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 08:28 AM
    yeah your evil plan is working...

getting mine soon, hope everythings fine
    11-22-09 08:44 AM
    Who else has fallen out of love with their 9700 due to build defects?

I noticed after about the forth day, my trackbpad wiggly every so slightly if I scroll down on it. Its not much ... in fact its very slight, but I can feel the movement and hear the "clicky", and feel the plastic-on-plastic grating sometimes.

Personally I came from the Sidekicks, and after having Sidekicks for SEVEN YEARS I can tell you I was tired of the crappy build quality -- the phone would break catastrophically after about a year, be it the trackball not registering a scroll in a certain direction anymore, or the flipping screen shorting out and losing backlight..... the 9700 was supposed to be my escape from crappy build quality, and now four days after purchase the trackpad is giving out.

And I personally KNEW it had problems, I saw the tilted trackpad youtube video, so I made it a point to be gentle on it. I mean RIM is too big to let something like that be so common place on their devices, right? I Never apply a lot of pressure, never press down on any corner on it .... but it still started to wiggle. Is this the lot of the early adopters? Paying 200 dollars to be punished with build quality errors because RIM's quality assurance can't do its job?

I don't even really touch the 9700 much anymore cause I just know the trackpad is going to get worse with extended use. Its a crying shame. :-p

P.S. - If I got you singing "I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you..." in your head, then my evil plan is complete.
    Why don't you swap it out for a new one?
    11-22-09 09:04 AM
    Damn it , dat stupid song is stuck in my head
    11-22-09 09:06 AM
    No problems with mine. Maybe you should go back to a Sidekick if you feel that way about it. I will stick with my BlackBerry thank you.
    11-22-09 09:07 AM
    You're evil man, I hate songs that get stuck in my head. Since I have young kids and have to watch that stupid Purple monster all the time the worst one is:
    "I Love You, You Love Me, we're a happy Family"

HAHA

Now others can feel the pain.

LOL
    11-22-09 09:58 AM
    I wouldn't know when to return it, considering they haven't had enough time to correct the problem with their build quality. And phone I get would be suseptible to problems eventually, until they send out a newly corrected batch.
    11-22-09 10:21 AM
    damit...now this song is in my head and now downloaded on to my computer.....F my life lol
    11-22-09 12:37 PM
    If you want zero defects get in your car and head for the nearest Apple store.
    11-22-09 12:46 PM
    LOL Bettermost. That's a joke right? I've heard a billion complaints about Apple products having issues.
    11-22-09 12:52 PM
    This is my third blackberry the first two had trackpad tilt, it wasn't bad but like yours the feeling of it clicking is annoying. I am on my third replacement and the trackpad is solid tight as a rock and no tilting at all. Just return it for a new one that is the reason why they give you 14 days to 30 days return windows.
    11-22-09 01:10 PM
    LOL Bettermost. That's a joke right? I've heard a billion complaints about Apple products having issues.
    Nope not at all I have all 3 generations no hardware problems/defects ever.
    11-22-09 01:35 PM
    Nope not at all I have all 3 generations no hardware problems/defects ever.
    It's interesting that you say that. I have had all 3 generations of the iPhone too. I have had to get more replacements through Apple than I've ever had with my Blackberries. Don't get me wrong, I still love Apple products. I've been a Mac user for years. I'm just saying that Apple products are definitely not perfect either.
    11-22-09 02:44 PM
    No defects? Tell that to the people who've had their iPods explode on them lol..
    11-22-09 02:55 PM
    You can get it repaired though!
    11-22-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD